BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW of Lubbock Gave Away My Allocation

08-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #23
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeonTiger View Post
Hi all! Thanks so much for your your comments. Basically I signed an order from and provided credit card information to charge the 5000 deposit, but I was told it wouldn't be processed until the ED date was confirmed. I was the second person on their list at the time. Eventually I was sent a screen shot of a VIN number which I entered in My BMW and was tracking online. Once I noticed the car was built I called back to inquire why my card hadn't been charged and was notified that because my ED date was so far in the future, they gave the allocation to someone who was purchasing the car sooner. On that call I was promised a post 8/16 build slot, but another allocation would now have to be tracked down. After that call there were three weeks of radio silence and no calls I made to the dealership were returned.

Surprisingly today, only two days after starting this thread, I received a call from the dealer apologizing for the poor communication and again promising me an allocation. I have to imagine that this thread had something to do with me hearing back.

All that said, I should have been more diligent about getting payment processed and following up more frequently. I also don't think there was anything malicious in BMW of Lubbock's actions. I think it was a mistake combined with really poor communication (and probably some embarrassment on their part).

Until this issue, I had been impressed with their customer service, and their efforts today have partially restored my confidence in them. Fingers crossed my next post is good news.
If I'm buying a luxury product and I've done my due diligence I'm not going to chase around a seller to make sure they collect funds from me. As far as I'm concerned if I signed a purchase order and gave you my payment info the rest is on you.

Hope you can get another allocation soon and they make up for the snafu somehow.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #24
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeonTiger
Hi all! Thanks so much for your your comments. Basically I signed an order from and provided credit card information to charge the 5000 deposit, but I was told it wouldn't be processed until the ED date was confirmed. I was the second person on their list at the time. Eventually I was sent a screen shot of a VIN number which I entered in My BMW and was tracking online. Once I noticed the car was built I called back to inquire why my card hadn't been charged and was notified that because my ED date was so far in the future, they gave the allocation to someone who was purchasing the car sooner. On that call I was promised a post 8/16 build slot, but another allocation would now have to be tracked down. After that call there were three weeks of radio silence and no calls I made to the dealership were returned.

Surprisingly today, only two days after starting this thread, I received a call from the dealer apologizing for the poor communication and again promising me an allocation. I have to imagine that this thread had something to do with me hearing back.

All that said, I should have been more diligent about getting payment processed and following up more frequently. I also don't think there was anything malicious in BMW of Lubbock's actions. I think it was a mistake combined with really poor communication (and probably some embarrassment on their part).

Until this issue, I had been impressed with their customer service, and their efforts today have partially restored my confidence in them. Fingers crossed my next post is good news.
Ahhhh...

So Here is "the rest of the story " !!

You had a crazy ED DATE that must be farther than 90 days away from the production date.

Well if your car was due to be produced in say, June and ready for delivery in August , and you don't want it until, say, an October delivery date for ED , then the reason that your allocation was given to the next person was because of *your* decision on the ED date.

BMW isn't gonna build an " on time delivery " manufacturing system just to sit a car in the corner of the WELT for you for 4 months...

Indeed someone at the dealer probably should have notified you sooner. Actually they probably should have told you the instant you asked for a delivery date outside of 90 days from production date.

The problem with this is that some dealers may not get more than one or two allocations for a year ( even though the M2 " isn't limited production!! " ) so it's always gonna be a crapshoot when passing up an option on a car that has high demand

Personally , when it comes to something like a 1M or an M2 allocation and an ED or even Jude a regular delivery date, I would be wherever BMW wants me with bells on when the car is ready. But that's just me !

However , as you can see from the thread below, you certainly aren't the first person that has tried to delay the ED date " longer than 'the law' will allow "

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1286302

Hopefully you will have similar success and your dealer has another allocation that is timed better for your selected ED dates.

You might also want to check with Driver37 to make sure you are on track!
Appreciate 4
ried791.50
SoCalRob281.00
iatacs19458.50
      08-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #25
TheNeonTiger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

I have some great news! Out of the blue, BMW of San Antonio contacted me because I was on their wait list and two people apparently dropped off. Also fortunate for me, one of the two cars was reconfigurable! I have officially--finally--ordered my M2 (this time with payment all in place )!!

I am very excited that in 3 months, give or take, I'll finally be a member of the club!

I also want to thank Pedro for being super responsive, even over text. Thanks to him and the team, the reconfiguration went through before the car entered production.
Appreciate 3
atxsk8r1569.50
BruceM984.50
      08-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #26
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

Congrats buddy, I can only imagine how happy you are.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #27
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Sounds like you must have gotten one of their September allocations! From the perspective of many, you really lucked out considering 1) how late you starting shopping for an M2 and 2) that you're still local!
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #28
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
I have some great news! Out of the blue, BMW of San Antonio contacted me because I was on their wait list and two people apparently dropped off. Also fortunate for me, one of the two cars was reconfigurable! I have officially--finally--ordered my M2 (this time with payment all in place )!!

I am very excited that in 3 months, give or take, I'll finally be a member of the club!
Congratulations !
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #29
DCM2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2!

Quote:

I also want to thank Pedro for being super responsive, even over text. Thanks to him and the team, the reconfiguration went through before the car entered production.
That will make 5 M2s in the Austin area soon! Mine just went into production last week!
      08-28-2016, 07:52 AM   #30
TheNeonTiger
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM2
That will make 5 M2s in the Austin area soon! Mine just went into production last week!
Nice! We will definitely have to schedule meet ups! Some winding road drives, photos shoots, and part install help sessions. Maybe a COTA day!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #31
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM2
Nice! We will definitely have to schedule meet ups! Some winding road drives, photos shoots, and part install help sessions. Maybe a COTA day!
You mean.. Kinda like the

Meet ups
Driving tours
Install sessions
HPDE events at COTA

That the Tejas chapter of BMW CCA does ?

http://www.tejaschapter.org.

As much as I hate to admit it , the Tejas chapter ranks continually as one of the best chapters out of the 64 or so in the country (shaming my chapter in the process ) based on the annual review from chapter members ...

Also- There is a BMW CCA HPDE that will be at Circuit of the Americas November 11-13 ..
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2016, 10:12 PM   #32
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

What's "Tejas"? Is that like a Mexican version of Texas?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #33
TheNeonTiger
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
You mean.. Kinda like the

Meet ups
Driving tours
Install sessions
HPDE events at COTA

That the Tejas chapter of BMW CCA does ?

http://www.tejaschapter.org.

As much as I hate to admit it , the Tejas chapter ranks continually as one of the best chapters out of the 64 or so in the country (shaming my chapter in the process ) based on the annual review from chapter members ...
Boom! Just joined!
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #34
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried
Correct!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 07:12 PM   #35
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
It's also a great album by the boys from La Grange...
Appreciate 2
QLAbot87.00
      08-31-2016, 12:31 AM   #36
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Correct!
Is there a local chapter for Americans, too? Or is it only for La Raza?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 07:25 AM   #37
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried
Quote:
Correct!
Is there a local chapter for Americans, too? Or is it only for La Raza?
Appreciate 1
AlpsRider2865.00
      08-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #38
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #39
epinfren
Rep
Drives: 10AE Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeonTiger View Post

Congrats Tiger! That drive home is going to be a lot more enjoyable than the one from Lubbock. Your whole debacle was meant to happen for a reason.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #40
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by epinfren View Post
That drive home is going to be a lot more enjoyable than the one from Lubbock
That drive is still going to take the same amount of time LOL, traffic on I35 from SA to Austin sucks!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #41
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM2 View Post
Well crap, that's way too many in the ATX, i'm moving to Waco
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:54 PM   #42
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Guys we're tanking the value of the car in the Austin market. Now we'll never be able to change our minds about buying the car in a couple months and ask for 10k over msrp like the rest of the forum.
Appreciate 1
atxsk8r1569.50
      08-31-2016, 03:13 PM   #43
epinfren
Rep
Drives: 10AE Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
That drive is still going to take the same amount of time LOL, traffic on I35 from SA to Austin sucks!
Haha good point! He doesn't want to break it in on the freeway anyhow.

All the more reason to exit the freeway in San Marcos and take the scenic route up 12 through Wimberley. Come in to Austin on the back side and avoid all that chaos.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #44
TheNeonTiger
Private First Class
Rep

Blanco Rd --> FM3160 --> RR32 --> RR12 --> 290. Solid scenic route that incorporates part of Devil's Backbone.
Appreciate 2
LAGWAGN272.00
atxsk8r1569.50