BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 - In Stock for anyone looking in TX

08-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #89
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

This thread needs to be best of'd.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #90
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Gosh, I remember why I never bought a BMW - BMW people! I was too slow to be first in with the "eats popcorn" meme, but surely apt! My first car was almost a 2002, but got a Celica instead as the bimmer was beat, and been wanting the "right" BMW since (was tempted by the E46 when new, but non-turbo so passed). My uncle is a huge BMW guy and lives in Munich, so if I can arrange one next June ED when I want it, I'll stay a couple weeks at his house after pickup. I do think the M2 is the most interesting BMW shy of the i8, and best bang for the buck of what I want but its not that great. I don't love the styling and would pay a lot more to have a Audi interior and the Audi 5cylinder which has a ton more mod overhead room. That said, somebody said you can get an M4 for M2 money? How unless used? (want new). As much as I like it, its just a street car though, and too expensive to make into a track car when there are so many good inexpensive options.. My race cars all repose in the 3 car, while our dailies sit out in the Texas sun lol. My daily is currently a hot rodded turbo bug, so you all can hate on me instead for not having a snob vehicle
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 03:35 PM   #91
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti
Gosh, I remember why I never bought a BMW - BMW people! I was too slow to be first in with the "eats popcorn" meme, but surely apt! My first car was almost a 2002, but got a Celica instead as the bimmer was beat, and been wanting the "right" BMW since (was tempted by the E46 when new, but non-turbo so passed). My uncle is a huge BMW guy and lives in Munich, so if I can arrange one next June ED when I want it, I'll stay a couple weeks at his house after pickup. I do think the M2 is the most interesting BMW shy of the i8, and best bang for the buck of what I want but its not that great. I don't love the styling and would pay a lot more to have a Audi interior and the Audi 5cylinder which has a ton more mod overhead room. That said, somebody said you can get an M4 for M2 money? How unless used? (want new). As much as I like it, its just a street car though, and too expensive to make into a track car when there are so many good inexpensive options.. My race cars all repose in the 3 car, while our dailies sit out in the Texas sun lol. My daily is currently a hot rodded turbo bug, so you all can hate on me instead for not having a snob vehicle
If one is adamant about leasing , one can certainly find a much more advantageous lease rate, and combine that with better discounts available for the m3/m4 in order to come up with a lower monthly payment
Appreciate 0