BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Newbie - In need of a little help 😃

03-20-2024, 03:38 AM   #1
ChrisM2emJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition- 2018

Newbie - In need of a little help 😃

Hi all! I’ve just purchased a crash damaged M2 Competition 2018, this is my second journey into a little project (with completing a T6 campervan conversion last year). I’m looking for a little advice, if I bring to life the journey I’m sure someone would be able to help - and I’m sorry for my lack of true understanding 😃

1. The car had a front end impact, no airbags activated however the rad pack etc needed a full replacement
2. I’m assuming it was stored for a while, wasn’t a lot of oil remaining in the engine.
3. I’ve replaced all the parts, brand new etc and refilled oil and coolant.

The issue comes now, on start up (all good, battery was flat but have recharged). Starts up and sounds ok, however doesn’t allow any throttle response at all - so won’t rev (accelerator pedal to the floor nothing happens) The idle is erratic, and the most I’ve had before cut off and stall is around 2 mins.

I’ve disconnected MAF sensors, no difference to conditions or symptoms. Error wise, original was airflow sensors but cleared and haven’t returned. Have taken coil packs and spark plugs out. I haven’t ISTA reviewed as yet (just Bosch diagnostics AA). I have quite a few contact s in the trade, and have tried a few options to no improvement. But looking just a view from you brilliant people!

Was basically reaching out to see if anyone has a view more than anything, appreciate I’m new to the forum and genuinely I’m happy to pay for peoples time, just DM me.

Thanks for reading, really! Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 04:57 AM   #2
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2 OG DCT

Welcome Chris

Unfortunately I`m not `your man` for this, I hope that it all works out and look forward to learning more from your project
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 06:53 AM   #3
ChrisM2emJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition- 2018

Thank you! Me too 😃
Appreciate 1
Andrew2180.00