BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Radar Detectors

03-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #23
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Ok so far I have owned like 20 radar detectors (some models more than once because I'm crazy and new serial numbers offer slight hardware revisions etc.
My current radar detector is my right foot, since I drive for a living and it wouldn't be good for me to get a speeding ticket. You can find me going to and from work at a dismal 77 in a 70 because it all but guarantees I won't get a ticket.

However, I would happily pay $500 for a device I could use on the interstate only that would allow me to drive 90+ without fear of getting a ticket. Does such a device exist?

I live in Missouri, and primarily drive in the surrounding states (Illinois, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #24
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
My current radar detector is my right foot, since I drive for a living and it wouldn't be good for me to get a speeding ticket. You can find me going to and from work at a dismal 77 in a 70 because it all but guarantees I won't get a ticket.

However, I would happily pay $500 for a device I could use on the interstate only that would allow me to drive 90+ without fear of getting a ticket. Does such a device exist?

I live in Missouri, and primarily drive in the surrounding states (Illinois, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma).
No, no radar detector not even theia will protect you from instant on, where a LEO will hit you with radar when he sees you and not leave it on for you to get advance notice. That's why driving styles such as having a rabbit is important.

Then there are laser threats which requires laser jammers because radar detectors even with laser detection are only at best a ticket notifying device.

That's why I only drive fast on the track
      03-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #25
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
No, no radar detector not even theia will protect you from instant on, where a LEO will hit you with radar when he sees you and not leave it on for you to get advance notice. That's why driving styles such as having a rabbit is important.

Then there are laser threats which requires laser jammers because radar detectors even with laser detection are only at best a ticket notifying device.

That's why I only drive fast on the track
Looks like it's 77 for me. Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #26
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Looks like it's 77 for me. Thanks bro.