BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Doors/Trunk Wont Open/Close With Confort Access

06-17-2023, 09:26 AM   #1
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Doors/Trunk Wont Open/Close With Confort Access

2019 M2C—Both doors and trunk no longer open/closewith comfort access. The push to start still works, but besides that I can’t seem to get it to work anymore. I first thought the battery in the fob might be dead, so I used my spare fob that had the problem as well.

I’m not sure if this is related in anyway, but a day before the confort access stoped working, I used this quick detailed spray on the car and wiped some down on the door handles. I did clean those handles and back trunk down with Goo Gone Automotive as well as WD-40 but still no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem? What’s the fix here? Did the quick detailed block a sensor for the comfort access or did the sensors just die?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 06:25 PM   #2
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

My CA has been out for a few months now. If your lucky you might get a code with ista. Mines not throwing a code so I'm SOL. Other than that it might be a door handle. A bad antenna, I think there's six or seven. Hell, it might just start working again, never know.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 01:14 AM   #3
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
2019 M2C—Both doors and trunk no longer open/closewith comfort access. The push to start still works, but besides that I can’t seem to get it to work anymore. I first thought the battery in the fob might be dead, so I used my spare fob that had the problem as well.

I’m not sure if this is related in anyway, but a day before the confort access stoped working, I used this quick detailed spray on the car and wiped some down on the door handles. I did clean those handles and back trunk down with Goo Gone Automotive as well as WD-40 but still no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem? What’s the fix here? Did the quick detailed block a sensor for the comfort access or did the sensors just die?
Do you have alot of electronic devices in the car with wireless signals? Like Obd2 port connectors, tablets, dash cams, radar detectors, phones, etc?

Because what I found is that the wireless signals on these things will typically jam the comfort access systems as the batteries get lower - so you should also measure the voltage on your batteries in the key fob.

Other than that you should scan for codes - because it could be the comfort access module or antennas.x
      06-18-2023, 02:28 AM   #4
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Do you have alot of electronic devices in the car with wireless signals? Like Obd2 port connectors, tablets, dash cams, radar detectors, phones, etc?

Because what I found is that the wireless signals on these things will typically jam the comfort access systems as the batteries get lower - so you should also measure the voltage on your batteries in the key fob.

Other than that you should scan for codes - because it could be the comfort access module or antennas.x
Only electronic device in my car would be my phone. I bought a Veepeak OBD scanner. Maybe that would help me scan for codes.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 03:34 AM   #5
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Only electronic device in my car would be my phone. I bought a Veepeak OBD scanner. Maybe that would help me scan for codes.
The phone alone wouldn't do it unless the battery was incredibly low. You can use the veepeak in conjunction with something like protool or bimmerlink to scan the codes - given that these 2 apps support the veepeak adapter. But I would go with protool because it is alot more capable if you also buy the coding license.
      06-18-2023, 03:36 AM   #6
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
The phone alone wouldn't do it unless the battery was incredibly low. You can use the veepeak in conjunction with something like protool or bimmerlink to scan the codes - given that these 2 apps support the veepeak adapter. But I would go with protool because it is alot more capable if you also buy the coding license.
Now I’m concerned. It’s been so annoying having to use my fob to lock/unlock the car. I’d gotten so used to CA till now.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 07:26 AM   #7
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

Quote:
Now I’m concerned. It’s been so annoying having to use my fob to lock/unlock the car. I’d gotten so used to CA till now.
Hopefully it's throwing a code, if not it's a guessing game. I haven't tried everything but here are some of the fixes I've found.

Delete users in idrive
Reset idrive
Remote Battery
Reset CA through ista
Got a bad antenna
Door handle sensor went bad, probably the most common
Fuse
Wiring damaged
CA Control box
Then some say it just starts working again
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 09:07 AM   #8
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman_M2 View Post
Hopefully it's throwing a code, if not it's a guessing game. I haven't tried everything but here are some of the fixes I've found.

Delete users in idrive
Reset idrive
Remote Battery
Reset CA through ista
Got a bad antenna
Door handle sensor went bad, probably the most common
Fuse
Wiring damaged
CA Control box
Then some say it just starts working again

Idk if it’s the door handles, because the trunk doesn’t open either. I have to literally unlock the car to open the trunk as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 09:07 PM   #9
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

Any luck?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 09:21 PM   #10
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any luck?
Nothing has changed. Idk where to even start. Any help from anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 08:10 AM   #11
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

You see if there's a code?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 01:51 PM   #12
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a Veepeak OBD Bluetooth adapter I used to code the car with Bimmercode. Is there any way I can read error codes from this adapter?

Also, If I go ahead and reset the items you mentioned before, will this affect my car because of the codes? Or will I have to re-code the car again? I'm totally new to this, and not really knowledgeable about anything. Thank you for your patience and I appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 01:07 PM   #13
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got a proper OBD2 adapter and no codes showed. I also reset driver profiles and reset the idrive. Idk how to reset CA in ISTA. Any instructions on how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 04:41 PM   #14
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

I'm not sure, the guys at the shop were working on mine when they had time. Maybe try the external antennas, maybe one went bad. Your key still working to start it?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 05:14 PM   #15
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

I've been talking to a guy in Philadelphia. He fixed a car with similar issues the other day and he said he had to reprogram it.

"I am not a fortune teller, there is no crystal ball skill. I wrote that a couple of days ago I made a car after the theft, the keys did not open the car, but it was possible to start it. I solved the issue by reprogramming."

Last edited by TheSandman_M2; 07-07-2023 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #16
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure, the guys at the shop were working on mine when they had time. Maybe try the external antennas, maybe one went bad. Your key still working to start it?
Yeah, the fob still unlocks and starts the car just fine. I just can’t lock/unlock the car when I either put my hand over the door handle or touch the ribs
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 05:23 PM   #17
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

Kinda sounds like someone is trying to jack the car and fks up the CA trying. In some cases anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 05:48 PM   #18
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've been talking to a guy in Philadelphia. And he fixed a car with your similar issues the other day and he said he had to reprogram it.

"I am not a fortune teller, there is no crystal ball skill. I wrote that a couple of days ago I made a car after the theft, the keys did not open the car, but it was possible to start it. I solved the issue by reprogramming."
Could you send the guys info? I’d drive down there to get it fixed and pick up some steaks too lol
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 05:53 PM   #19
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Kinda sounds like someone is trying to jack the car and fks up the CA trying. In some cases anyway.
I did have my tires swapped out in April, but I’ve noticed the driver handle not responding well to the CA. The passenger side was working fine. A few weeks back, both handles no longer work as well as the trunk.

I know this is a “small” issue, but it’s become quite cumbersome to lock and unlock my car. Especially when I need to grab something quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 07:16 PM   #20
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep

Mine started off with the batteries dying in the remotes. Then the door handles started going out, then it totally went out. I got nothing now, sucks
Appreciate 0