BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Comfort Access intermittently not working

01-01-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Comfort Access intermittently not working

Anyone else having issues with the comfort access system randomly not working? For the first 3 years or so I owned my 2017 M2 it was the flawless. The last 2 years its increasing been having issues. Neither handle will unlock the car when grabbed nor will the trunk release work when I'm holding the key. Occasionally it will unlock everything but the car won't start unless I put the key up against the steering column. Usually, once I "wake" up the car with the fob button everything will work fine until the car sits again for a while.

It happens to both remotes with new batteries. I even starting keeping the remotes in a faraday cage in my house thinking it was killing the battery being so close to my garage but doesn't seem to make a difference. I've done some searches and it seems this has happened to various BMW models but there isn't a "smoking gun" solution. Dealers seem to just be replacing parts under warranty from the door handles themselves, to the CA antennas, to other modules.

Last edited by PackPride85; 01-01-2023 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #2
TheSandman_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Any luck? I'm having the same issue.
Appreciate 0