BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Center Area Creaks

04-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
DrunkPandaBear
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Center Area Creaks

I've been getting a ton more creaks / cracks / pops coming from the center area, mainly the shiny plastic that holds all the controls (no idea what that's called), the top center vents, and even the navigation screen.

It's worse when there's drastic temperature changes (but lets face it, I live in Los Angeles, we don't have drastic changes) but sometimes it's actually caused by motion (like I'll hear more creaks when accelerating fast or coming to a stop in a fast way).

Touching the center part generally recreates the sounds and touching the top of the nav screen also produces loud cracking sounds too (almost as if the plastic has warped).

I don't know if this is a common issue or an issue that can be fixed. I've applied felt tape on the inside of the vent area and where it attaches to the dash but it hasn't really done much. Hoping someone has some fixes or diagnoses!
Appreciate 0