BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Calling all Week 43 Builds

11-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #199
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
For those of us so fortunate as to have cars on the Hamburg Highway, I spoke to Genius today. The rep assured me it is on BMW's radar, and at the management briefing the day before Thanksgiving all the reps were told that it would be "a week"...whatever that means--he couldn't tell me what that "week" represented. In any event, I told him that what we were hearing from contacts at the port sure did not sound like "a week" no matter the interpretation of that phrase. We talked about rising interest rates in the interim, including whether BMW would extend the lock on financing (he said maybe, he's heard that one customer got an extension of one week, but confessed that might not be even close to enough time, depending on the shipping issue). He took my number, and promised a call back when he hears anything from management as to the plan to get our cars stateside.

So...more hurry up and wait, for information, let alone cars.
Bruce, and others on the Hamburg Highway, I know raising financing rates are a concern. Just a heads up, I locked in today with Pen Fed at 1.99%. Check will be delivered tomorrow. It's good for 90 days. a number of members on this forum have used them and have been super happy. I found the whole process to be pretty painless. Customer service was top notch. Might be worth hedging your bets and locking in at 1.99% for 90 days as an insurance policy against raising rates.
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50
      11-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #200
zedbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

I spoke with my salesman and he is pretty adamant that my car is going to show up in Brunswick GA on/around Dec 3. Which means it would have had to been moved over to the Grand Duke when she pulled into Southampton around a week after the Hamburg Highway first arrived there.

Hopefully his information is 'more better' than the 'Genius' at 1800 BMW...
1989 M491 Targa
1935 Ford Model 50 Pickup
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #201
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Bruce, and others on the Hamburg Highway, I know raising financing rates are a concern. Just a heads up, I locked in today with Pen Fed at 1.99%. Check will be delivered tomorrow. It's good for 90 days. a number of members on this forum have used them and have been super happy. I found the whole process to be pretty painless. Customer service was top notch. Might be worth hedging your bets and locking in at 1.99% for 90 days as an insurance policy against raising rates.
90 days??? That would be excellent. What term? Did you just call or was it all online?

DetRoadster, blessings upon you. Called PenFed, and within 20 minutes became a member and got a loan, 90 day lock, 1.99% at 60 months. They also offered 72 and 84, but at higher rates. That takes a load off, for sure. Utterly painless, frankly. One worry down, now comes getting the freaking car. Thanks again!

Last edited by BruceM; 11-30-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #202
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Yep, I checked with my credit union yesterday to see how long a quote was good for. I just have to decide whether to go solo or jointly with the wife and I'll lock one in soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #203
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
90 days??? That would be excellent. What term? Did you just call or was it all online?

DetRoadster, blessings upon you. Called PenFed, and within 20 minutes became a member and got a loan, 90 day lock, 1.99% at 60 months. They also offered 72 and 84, but at higher rates. That takes a load off, for sure. Utterly painless, frankly. One worry down, now comes getting the freaking car. Thanks again!
Boom! There you go. Happy I could be of service!

I got the 60 month as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #204
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedbyers View Post
I spoke with my salesman and he is pretty adamant that my car is going to show up in Brunswick GA on/around Dec 3. Which means it would have had to been moved over to the Grand Duke when she pulled into Southampton around a week after the Hamburg Highway first arrived there.

If that happens, please let us HH people know as you celebrate. It will be helpful in hammering on our own CAs as necessary...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #205
zedbyers
Private
Rep

Quote:
If that happens, please let us HH people know as you celebrate. It will be helpful in hammering on our own CAs as necessary...
Will do! Either way....
1989 M491 Targa
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 12:18 AM   #206
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Quote:

Boom! There you go. Happy I could be of service!

I got the 60 month as well.
That makes 3 of us thanks for the tip!

you're on the Tirranna with me headed to Seattle. At what dealership are you picking it up?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #207
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:

Zedbyers, did you get any sense of HOW your salesman got his confidence? What resource or contact did he have that led to that confidence? Is there really a way he can track your specific car off the Hamburg Highway?

Perhaps what he did can be duplicated by my SA, who basically has gone dead silent now for at least a month...started out great, but he appears to have lost interest.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #208
Austin Irons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2 LBB

I hope you guys that have been hit by the shipping delay get your cars soon! Mine just got to the dealer earlier this evening so it'll be PDI and detailed tomorrow. As I'm 4 hours away from the dealership, I'll have to wait till Saturday know pick it up. It's going to be a couple of sleepless nights in anticipation!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #209
zedbyers
Private
Rep

Quote:
Zedbyers, did you get any sense of HOW your salesman got his confidence? What resource or contact did he have that led to that confidence? Is there really a way he can track your specific car off the Hamburg Highway?

Perhaps what he did can be duplicated by my SA, who basically has gone dead silent now for at least a month...started out great, but he appears to have lost interest.

I have nothing for you on that one. From what i gather he gets everything from the 'Genius' that is located at the Dealer, who I interacted with a few times over the course of putting the deal together and specing out the car. I have confidence in the Genius, not so much in the SA.

I figured at this point he is saying it will show up over the weekend in the US, so why bother beating him too much right now. I will however on Monday have a conversation in which he will validate his information or not.

I was going to call the Genius hotline tomorrow, and see what they have to say in the meantime.
1989 M491 Targa
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #210
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I'm having similar issues with my CA. I've been asking him for updates on the delay for the last week, but he has not responded. Last night I sent an email asking him not to drill the bumper or wash the car whenever it does come in. That he responded to, but nothing on the delay
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #211
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:

Vesselfinder shows the Grand Duke moored in Baltimore now, fyi...
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #212
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Vesselfinder shows the Grand Duke moored in Baltimore now, fyi...
Hope that means good news for a few of us. I called Genius and had a confusing conversation. It still has mine listed as being on HH scheduled to arrive on 12/5 or 12/6 (I forgot which). The confusing part is that it's scheduled to arrive at port in Charleston. I'm pretty sure I was originally scheduled for Baltimore, especially considering I live in VA. I'm not sure if I'm just remembering incorrectly, or if there's been some kind of change. The Genius didn't know.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #213
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Originally Posted by ADDONE
I was informed that vehicle will be loaded and shipped on Eurasian Highway (vessel's current ETA Charleston 12/17/16). As long as it can be shipped from the Port of Charleston to the SC VPC for them to process/release before they close for the holiday break on 12/23, I will be able to get the vehicle in time. Right now I will just have to wait to see when the vessel docks and the vehicle arrives at the SC VPC.

Posted yesterday by a user on Bimmerfest. He has a vehicle on the Hamburg Highway.
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50
      12-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #214
DETRoadster
Rep

Good news for folks aboard the Tirranna. It's still due into Port Hueneme on 01/03. Looks like it's the only ship coming in that day so hopefully docking and unloading can happen quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #215
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
I was informed that vehicle will be loaded and shipped on Eurasian Highway (vessel's current ETA Charleston 12/17/16). As long as it can be shipped from the Port of Charleston to the SC VPC for them to process/release before they close for the holiday break on 12/23, I will be able to get the vehicle in time. Right now I will just have to wait to see when the vessel docks and the vehicle arrives at the SC VPC.

Posted yesterday by a user on Bimmerfest. He has a vehicle on the Hamburg Highway.
Interesting. The big question is how did they learn which vessel their car would be loaded onto?!? That's all I'm trying to figure out. At this point I don't care what the ultimate date is, but it's killing me that it could be anytime from this week (if on Grand Duke) to after Christmas (if staying on HH).
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #216
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:

The Planned Movements site for Southampton lists Baltimore as the destination of the Eurasian Highway, not Charleston. So either the plan has changed or ADDONE is going to be disappointed. Or do ships go from one port to another after getting stateside?

I clearly don't know shit about shipping

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live...ned_Movements/
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #217
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
The Planned Movements site for Southampton lists Baltimore as the destination of the Eurasian Highway, not Charleston. So either the plan has changed or ADDONE is going to be disappointed. Or do ships go from one port to another after getting stateside?

I clearly don't know shit about shipping

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live...ned_Movements/
Baltimore on Dec 13, then Charleston Dec 17 according to the K Line schedule for Eurasian Highway.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #218
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Baltimore on Dec 13, then Charleston Dec 17 according to the K Line schedule for Eurasian Highway.
Excellent!! There may yet be hope!! Is Brunswick, Georgia close enough to Charleston to have put Brunswick cars on this ship, I wonder??
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #219
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Took delivery today after 7 long months!!! I would post a picture but I don't know how to do that on here. Anyways this car is everything I thought it would be! The LBB is Stellar and The acceleration is more than enough! For those of you waiting, All I can say is you will not be disappointed once you drive it. Driving in sport + is the way to go. Comfort is too soft and the car does not feel right. Be careful driving during break in as this thing will get away from you. The exhaust is WAY louder in person than I expected. I was in awe how good it sounds. Hopefully winter goes by quickly!
2007 Honda Civic Si (Sold)
Appreciate 5
      12-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #220
zedbyers
Private
Rep

Quote:
Excellent!! There may yet be hope!! Is Brunswick, Georgia close enough to Charleston to have put Brunswick cars on this ship, I wonder??
Should pull into Brunswick prior to Charleston according to K-Line Schedule.
1989 M491 Targa
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50