BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New BMW M2 Competition photos released

04-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #67
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Of all the colors the M2 came with or will come with... LBB is still my favorite. The only crazy, sports car color..

My car is for me, and I'm not one for calling attention to myself, but the road needs less of the blacks, whites, and silvers.

My Sapphire Blue Cayman got so many positive comments due to its color alone. Part of owning a high performance car is the comradery between enthusiasts and the discussions we have. Many times, the color of the car is the ice breaker for these conversations. I understand the stealth appeal, but wouldn't have minded some more new, brighter choices, not shared with the X models. I do understand that the assembly process for the M2 in general is part of the problem from what I've read.
I would have ordered Sapphire Blue or any other similar blue in a heart beat if it was available. Heck I would have even ordered Sakhir Orange again too. There is something with LBB that still makes me hesitate. The color is gorgeous most of the time but under certain lighting it has a very teal look to it and I definitely don't like it. Don't want HKS, Sunset Orange or AW which is too plain. Only option left for me is black. I'm afraid it'll hide the curves of the car too much but I think it's still my top choice.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #68
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Looks like Mineral White Metallic and Audi's Florett Silver had a baby. No bueno. Btw, I love Florett Silver. Mineral White, not so much.

I'd rather just go with Alpine White if I wanted a bright white-ish color. Don't get why they wasted a potentially awesome color option on such a drabby "color." IMHO, some form of yellow OR... wait for it... RED would have been so much more appreciated by the enthusiast community (who else is buying these cars?).

I guess long gone are the days where BMW gives us good looking silver and gray metallic colors on sports coupes.
      04-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #69
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
Kinda like it. Seems closer to Suzuka Grey vs Nardo in the Audi camp.
Looks a lot more grey than Suzuka.
Yea, cranked up the brightness some on my phone today, and definitely closer to Nardo
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #70
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Double post
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #71
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Of all the colors the M2 came with or will come with... LBB is still my favorite. The only crazy, sports car color..

My car is for me, and I'm not one for calling attention to myself, but the road needs less of the blacks, whites, and silvers.

My Sapphire Blue Cayman got so many positive comments due to its color alone. Part of owning a high performance car is the comradery between enthusiasts and the discussions we have. Many times, the color of the car is the ice breaker for these conversations. I understand the stealth appeal, but wouldn't have minded some more new, brighter choices, not shared with the X models. I do understand that the assembly process for the M2 in general is part of the problem from what I've read.
I would have ordered Sapphire Blue or any other similar blue in a heart beat if it was available. Heck I would have even ordered Sakhir Orange again too. There is something with LBB that still makes me hesitate. The color is gorgeous most of the time but under certain lighting it has a very teal look to it and I definitely don't like it. Don't want HKS, Sunset Orange or AW which is too plain. Only option left for me is black. I'm afraid it'll hide the curves of the car too much but I think it's still my top choice.
I thought Black would hide the curves too but it really doesn't mate. On an M4 it does which is strange....
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #72
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

HS sure does soften the lines/bulges. I like the changes, it's sleeker looking...not all in with the front grill yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #73
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
Moonstone silver is actually the best silver available in any BMW IMHO
Agree. I've seen it in person and it's amazing!!!!! Except for the name is simply moonstone metallic and it makes no reference to the name of the hue.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #74
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
black only " HIDES the curves" in (some angles ) of PHOTOS. (it irks me how people attribute a paint color to somehow making shapes and lines in METAL disappear)..

The only way to TRULY hide the lines would be to paint it in VANTABLACK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack

Always bet on Black!
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
Tag18120.50
      04-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #75
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
I thought Black would hide the curves too but it really doesn't mate. On an M4 it does which is strange....
Quote:
black only " HIDES the curves" in PHOTOS. The only way to TRULY hide the lines would be to paint it in VANTABLACK.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #76
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
black only " HIDES the curves" in PHOTOS. (it irks me how people attribute a paint color to somehow making shapes and lines in METAL disappear)..

The only way to TRULY hide the lines would be to paint it in VANTABLACK.

Always bet on Black!
That's my observation as well. I'm blown away every time I see a black M3 in person compared to the pics. Also, I have seen way too many white and blue M2s. Black might be the rarest color in current gen M2. I'm pretty confident I'll end up ordering mine in black
Appreciate 1
Tag18120.50
      04-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #77
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
That's my observation as well. I'm blown away every time I see a black M3 in person compared to the pics. Also, I have seen way too many white and blue M2s. Black might be the rarest color in current gen M2. I'm pretty confident I'll end up ordering mine in black
+2

It's rare, but whenever I see an M car in black they always look amazing and sinister. Love it. Personally I would have gotten it in MG as it's the best of both worlds regarding looks and upkeep, but being MG is no longer available (damn you BMW) black it is. Yeah it's more work, but I think I'll be alright spending more time with her.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #78
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:

I think that an MG M2 will be very much desired due to rarity.

For the M2 comp... black may be the ticket..

For the 1M... black was the rarest (20%) .. with an even split among white and Valencia Orange.....
I have attended several events where multiple 1M showed up... and my car was the only one in it's color.
Appreciate 1
reppucci339.50
      04-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #79
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

For the 1M... black was the rarest (20%) .. with an even split among white and Valencia Orange.....
I have attended several events where multiple 1M showed up... and my car was the only one in it's color.
I have seen a few 1Ms in white and orange but never seen a black 1M in person. Good decision on your end
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #80
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
This is proving to be harder than we all thought initially. What are the thoughts on Sunset Orange? Still it is a X1 colour, but maybe an idea to consider as a bold answer to HS and next to LBB.

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #81
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
I have seen a few 1Ms in white and orange but never seen a black 1M in person. Good decision on your end
Chris Harris' 1M is also black. You're in good company.
Appreciate 1
reppucci339.50
      04-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #82
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
This is proving to be harder than we all thought initially. What are the thoughts on Sunset Orange? Still it is a X1 colour, but maybe an idea to consider as a bold answer to HS and next to LBB.

MR
Haven't personally seen it, but those who have said it has a brownish tint to it which is quite offsetting.

ChrisK ?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #83
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

MR
A coworker of mine has a new 4 series in Sunset Orange so I see it everyday at work under different lighting (in a garage, outside in the sun, in a cloudy weather etc). All I can say is most of the time it looks very brown-ish to me. I'm sure some people love it or will love it but it's not a color that I would consider after owning a car in Sakhir Orange for about 2 years now.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 03:52 PM   #84
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:

MR
Agree here.... Although Sunset Orange isn't as good a color as Valencia Orange (which pops more in bright sun) or Sakhir Orange (same). Sunset is a bit darker than both. VO would have been my second choice... but if I had to consider all the 1M colors to date.... It's hard for me to come up with a second choice..

BSM- #1
MG- #2
SO - meh.. reminds me of Crayola colors "red orange and orange -red"
AW- ugh -everywhere
LBB - not a proper blue .. everywhere
HS - yuck- I hate cement gray

Come on BMW.... this is a damn sports car. it would be nice if the orange was tangerine... fire orange.. Ceylon orange.. Atacama yellow..
. something bolder than aquamarine or orangeish red.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #85
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Agree here.... Although Sunset Orange isn't as good a color as Valencia Orange (which pops more in bright sun) or Sakhir Orange (same). Sunset is a bit darker than both. VO would have been my second choice... but if I had to consider all the 1M colors to date.... It's hard for me to come up with a second choice..

BSM- #1
MG- #2
SO - meh.. reminds me of Crayola colors "red orange and orange -red"
AW- ugh -everywhere
LBB - not a proper blue .. everywhere
HS - yuck- I hate cement gray

Come on BMW.... this is a damn sports car. it would be nice if the orange was tangerine... fire orange.. Ceylon orange.. Atacama yellow..
. something bolder than aquamarine or orangeish red.

See I always thought that VO looked like a dirty or brownish color - I used to see one in my town pretty regularly when I had my second 135. When I think of orange, I think of a bright color - neither VO or SO are that in my opinion.

I think I love HKS - can’t wait to see real world pictures of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #86
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:

MR
Haven't personally seen it, but those who have said it has a brownish tint to it which is quite offsetting.

ChrisK ?
SO shifts between orange to brown to red depending on the light. In bright light the color is incredible. In indirect or low light it looks brown.
      04-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #87
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

SO in the sun. (Car looks a little dirty)

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #88
reppucci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04A6 2.7T(DD), 16M2 BSM MT EP

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
1995 M3  [0.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S ...  [0.00]
2004 A6 2.7T  [0.00]
1994 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Haven't had a black car in years. That's about to change.

P.S. Whomever did away with MG should be shot.
Basic BSM!

I personally believe this is the best color for the M2. Not as flashy as the LBB, why would you need the attention?, and I for one think black actually augments the curves, especially the hips! All in a "this car means business" understated kind of way! And doesn't make the car look "bigger" than it is.

Of course I am biased !

MG is my second choice.

HS kind of meh for me but...will wait to see it in person.
Appreciate 2
Tag18120.50