BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > What combination should I go with?

07-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
arwin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

What combination should I go with?

My AW M2 is on it's way here and I'm debating about what I should do with it.

In terms of cosmetics, I have already ordered the parts to black out the front kidneys. I'm most likely going to be going with the MP Rear CF Diffuser and the black out M2 side gills...but now I'm debating on what to do with the following parts:

- Rear Spoiler
- Roof Wrap
- Mirror Wrap

What are your options on these options:

Option 1:
Add the MP Rear CF Spoiler and then wrap the roof and mirrors in Carbon Fibre vinyl

Option 2:
Add a BSM Rear spoiler and wrap the roof and mirrors in gloss black vinyl to accent the AW

I was leaning towards option 1 since the rear diffuser will be CF and then everything would be 'CF looking'. The other thing to consider is that my M2 will have a sunroof, which makes me wonder if I should go with the gloss black route.

I'd save a significant amount if I went for the gloss black look since the spoiler will not be CF and the vinyl wrap in the gloss black is cheaper.

Car should be here in a couple of weeks so I'm going to need to make a decision soon!

What say you?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwin View Post
My AW M2 is on it's way here and I'm debating about what I should do with it.

In terms of cosmetics, I have already ordered the parts to black out the front kidneys. I'm most likely going to be going with the MP Rear CF Diffuser and the black out M2 side gills...but now I'm debating on what to do with the following parts:

- Rear Spoiler
- Roof Wrap
- Mirror Wrap

What are your options on these options:

Option 1:
Add the MP Rear CF Spoiler and then wrap the roof and mirrors in Carbon Fibre vinyl

Option 2:
Add a BSM Rear spoiler and wrap the roof and mirrors in gloss black vinyl to accent the AW

I was leaning towards option 1 since the rear diffuser will be CF and then everything would be 'CF looking'. The other thing to consider is that my M2 will have a sunroof, which makes me wonder if I should go with the gloss black route.

I'd save a significant amount if I went for the gloss black look since the spoiler will not be CF and the vinyl wrap in the gloss black is cheaper.

Car should be here in a couple of weeks so I'm going to need to make a decision soon!

What say you?
Have you considered the actual carbon fiber mirror caps?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
arwin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds78 View Post
Have you considered the actual carbon fiber mirror caps?
I have, but the cost and fitment/quality of aftermarket CF mirror caps don't really appeal to me. BMW MP CF Mirror caps are too expensive IMO and not worth the price
Appreciate 0