BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Alpine White Paint Match on New Bumper

Yesterday, 12:16 AM   #1
lmach
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Alpine White Paint Match on New Bumper

Can I get some opinions on the paint match on my new bumper?

Seems a bit too "clean/yellow" compared to the fenders and hood, but I'm not sure if it's off enough to make it worth getting the shop to respray it. Looks more/less obvious in different lighting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #2
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

1. Pictures aren't ever going to tell the whole story, but I see what you're saying, and agree.
2. Very few shops take the time to do real spray-outs to be able to butt match paint, most just go with the code and call it good like your shop did.
3. For this level of car, I would not stand for it, I'd have it redone. Your shop probably sucks and is going to tell you that it needs to be feathered on the hood and fenders to get to match perfectly, but what they're really saying is that they don't want to do enough spray-outs (have the skill) to butt match it properly (do it right).
Appreciate 0