BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 Order Bank for USA is now open. HEA's allocated!

01-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Repost? I didn't see anything. It's now open. Also, I received my HEA allocation. I think I'll make it Long Beach Blue. We're getting close!

EDIT: FYI, the HEA designation essentially means initial demo launch car

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 01-22-2016 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #2
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Are you sure these count as dealer "allocations"? They're factory spec'd "launch" cars, all of which seem to be accounted for in the sticky.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

My dealer here in Seattle said he saw today their demo car--Black DCT, due in at end of March. Said they were going to keep it as a demo. Says he believes the the first real allocation will be 2-3 cars next month, then if the dealership marks them as sold right away, the next months might go up to 5-7. That is far more optimistic than I have seen on the boards, but he said I should ignore the boards. Proof of the pudding will come pretty soon here, although it already feels like an eternity....
Appreciate 4
      01-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Are you sure these count as dealer "allocations"? They're factory spec'd "launch" cars, all of which seem to be accounted for in the sticky.
Perhaps the terminology wasn't clear. I meant to say my HEA launch demo was allocated. I didn't mean actual allocation with production spots for order purposes. However, my store is free to either keep it as a demo and eventually sell it or pre-sell it and spec it out to a customer's exact specs.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
My dealer here in Seattle said he saw today their demo car--Black DCT, due in at end of March. Said they were going to keep it as a demo. Says he believes the the first real allocation will be 2-3 cars next month, then if the dealership marks them as sold right away, the next months might go up to 5-7. That is far more optimistic than I have seen on the boards, but he said I should ignore the boards. Proof of the pudding will come pretty soon here, although it already feels like an eternity....
LOL @ Ignore the boards.

He said he " believes " the first allocation will be two -three cars eh?

This is the first info I have seen also about multiple allocations. But since his statement is nowhere near declarative, I'll ignore the dealer rep until he actually has those allocations
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 coupe; 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Is this at BMW Seattle? That sounds like up to ten cars available to order in the next 60 days, delivery who knows when.

Which is hopeful for me as I am gonna need them to get to 10 to hit me. So Bruce, where are you on the list?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
Is this at BMW Seattle? That sounds like up to ten cars available to order in the next 60 days, delivery who knows when.

Which is hopeful for me as I am gonna need them to get to 10 to hit me. So Bruce, where are you on the list?
#20, sad to say. Of course, if Robert's guess is right, I'm fine with that--would mean summer delivery for the car for me. If other, less optimistic, reports we've seen on this board are right, however, I'm not. Might go in a different direction, then. But I'm going to wait it out at least 2-3 more months to gauge allocation sizes.

What did they want from you for a deposit?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I'm getting a launch model AW, 6sp, Ex pkg. Today I was told it is in the final stage of production and my SM said it should be here by early March but it could be delayed by EPA.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #9
Husker
☮☮☮☮☮☮
Rep
Drives: Junk

N4upd8s
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 08:33 AM   #10
kirk67ss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M2 LBB / 67 Chevelle SS

The wait list...

Quote:

Chambolle,
Curious if Seattle said you're #10 or 11? I've been told already that I'm 10 on that list. How much did you put down? I did 2k down in October.

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #11
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
... EDIT: FYI, the HEA designation essentially means initial demo launch car
Where HEA is an acronym for Hyper-Early Allocation. Obv.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #12
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
... EDIT: FYI, the HEA designation essentially means initial demo launch car
Where HEA is an acronym for Hyper-Early Allocation. Obv.
Yes! how stupid of me
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #13
GoSlow2GoFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

So, HEA allocations were opened I gather, but what about customer car allocations? Have they started yet, or are dealers still waiting for those allocations to become available?
      01-28-2016, 03:36 PM   #14
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow2GoFast
So, HEA allocations were opened I gather, but what about customer car allocations? Have they started yet, or are dealers still waiting for those allocations to become available?
Still waiting
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #15
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

I had one dealer tell me today that he found out they are getting 6 M2 allocations for the year, but no information as far as how often those allocation would be distributed. This is a medium sized dealer in New York.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #16
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
I had one dealer tell me today that he found out they are getting 6 M2 allocations for the year, but no information as far as how often those allocation would be distributed. This is a medium sized dealer in New York.
I don't believe any dealer actually knows how many allocations they will get. It seems that many are trying to take advantage of the fear of a shortage as justification to mark up from MSRP. At the North American International Auto Show a BMW executive said that they expect the M2 to be a sales leader in its class. You don't win sales in a class by not building the cars so I don't buy any of the "rare" "limited" stuff. I believe it will take some time for the initial demand to be met but like multi year production cars within a few months panic goes away and they sell like all other cars. Look at the I8, when it first came out people lost their minds and dealers took advantage, now you can buy them under MSRP all day long.

I am on 4 lists, the dealer I trust the most told me his best guess is I will have car late summer or early fall, I am number 14 on the list at his dealer, he expects about half of those on the list to fall off, he says that is about average for any of these lists. His dealership is very large and in a very affluent area of the country so I expect they move a lot of M cars. By the time we get to March or April we will have a good sense of what the volume will be, till then it is just a guessing game.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 04:02 AM   #17
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
#20, sad to say. Of course, if Robert's guess is right, I'm fine with that--would mean summer delivery for the car for me. If other, less optimistic, reports we've seen on this board are right, however, I'm not. Might go in a different direction, then. But I'm going to wait it out at least 2-3 more months to gauge allocation sizes.

What did they want from you for a deposit?
I paid a $5k deposit! Shortly after that, they said $1k would do and offered to refund the excess, but I figured wtf, it will go towards the car anyway.

I think it may be autumn at least before I can get an M2 if I stick with BMW Seattle, but we shall see. There are so many rumors flying around about now I really do not know what to think. My guess is some people ahead of me will drop out altogether, or shop around to get a car from some out of the way dealer and give up their spot at BMW Seattle. Or who knows, some may be planning to flip cars for a profit or sell their spot in line. Weird stuff has been known to happen. I'm just going to lay low and wait a while. My '95 M3 still runs like a top, not in a hurry.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 04:07 AM   #18
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk67ss View Post
Chambolle,
Curious if Seattle said you're #10 or 11? I've been told already that I'm 10 on that list. How much did you put down? I did 2k down in October.

Thx!
I am not 100% clear frankly. Was told I am 10, another time was told I am 12. Maybe split the baby and call it 11.

I am betting that when the time comes some people will bail out, either find cars elsewhere, change their minds about the M2, decide they can't spring for a new car right now, whatever. The first few on the list are probably die hards and firmly committed to buy, after that, who knows.

I'm going to wait it out. I don't need to be the first guy on the block with an M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #19
kirk67ss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M2 LBB / 67 Chevelle SS

Quote:
I am not 100% clear frankly. Was told I am 10, another time was told I am 12. Maybe split the baby and call it 11.

I am betting that when the time comes some people will bail out, either find cars elsewhere, change their minds about the M2, decide they can't spring for a new car right now, whatever. The first few on the list are probably die hards and firmly committed to buy, after that, who knows.

I'm going to wait it out. I don't need to be the first guy on the block with an M2.
Talked to my guy last week and he said that there are 22 on the list. I've actually moved up to 9, which goes in line with what you said.....some people will bail out.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #20
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

I am number 9 on list locally. Dealer tells me several will drop off the list based on prior experience and I will get a car this year. I don't mind waiting until July when it finally dries out around here.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #21
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Just to set the record straight:

a) No dealer knows what his M2 allocation is and how it will be broken down month by month. BMW has not divulged that information to any dealer.

b) There are many dealers out there that are not marking up the MSRP. Go find them.

c) Most dealers have a substantial waiting list by now. Don't try to get cute with pricing. This is a full MSRP car...a freaking bargain by all accounts. Be a big boy and step up.
Appreciate 3
      02-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #22
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk67ss View Post
Talked to my guy last week and he said that there are 22 on the list. I've actually moved up to 9, which goes in line with what you said.....some people will bail out.
I think we may be quite close to each other on that list. What dealer are you working with, may I ask?
Appreciate 1