BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Am I crazy?

02-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Am I crazy?

Everyday I scour the internet looking for more info, pics, a review, BMW build your own, BMW performance parts of the M2. No news brings more
This wait is maddening.

BTW, i have waited 23 years (literally) for the purchase of a BMW M. I refused to settle for anything less than an M. I have followed and read about and searched autotrader for the right M forever it seems. Now that it's so close I'm like a kid who has to wait until Christmas for the greatest present in the biblical history of Christmas.
Appreciate 3
      02-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
///M2-PILOT
M2 PILOT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2 HEA LBB M-DCT

Your not crazy.... But if your determined to be clinically insane, join me in the nut house...
      02-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

A well known feeling ... once I drove a 2002 in the '70's. My first experience with BMW, I had a dream ...
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #4
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BSM M2

I want you to record every second of your delivery day and upload it here
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Some travel(ed) a long distance to behold an M2.

Last month an LBB M2 was on static display in the Brussels whereabouts. Only a 20 minute drive for me.

However, I refused to go and see it. The first M2 I want to behold IRL must be Mineral Grey. I'll patiently wait till Spring for the gratification.

Feel free to call me crazy.

02-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sweden View Post
Everyday I scour the internet looking for more info, pics, a review, BMW build your own, BMW performance parts of the M2. No news brings more
This wait is maddening.

BTW, i have waited 23 years (literally) for the purchase of a BMW M. I refused to settle for anything less than an M. I have followed and read about and searched autotrader for the right M forever it seems. Now that it's so close I'm like a kid who has to wait until Christmas for the greatest present in the biblical history of Christmas.
No your not crazy, your excited and so am I!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #7
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
A well known feeling ... once I drove a 2002 in the '70's. My first experience with BMW, I had a dream ...
The 1st bimmer i drove was a '92 325is in 1994. I was shocked at how quick and smooth it reved. I banged it off the rev limited so hard it scared the sh!t out of me. Thankfully my friend didn't get pissed. It was a revelation and I have never experienced another motor like it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
rosky1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

It's a great feeling when you can embrace a car brand for its styling and driving pleasure and advance through several models...my first was an 05 325i, then an 08 135, and now my 1M...trying to decide between an M2 and a slightly used M4...still #1 on my local M2 list & leaning that way.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #9
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 WRX

Definitely, NOT crazy.

I haven't found an allocation yet, but whenever I do be it an M2 or M3 that slight eye twitch of anticipation will begin.

Especially after sitting in a showroom model...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #10
Rock Sweden
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks
Definitely, NOT crazy.

I haven't found an allocation yet, but whenever I do be it an M2 or M3 that slight eye twitch of anticipation will begin.

Especially after sitting in a showroom model...
Not sure if you're in the US but I would look at small dealerships in the south. LA, AL, MS, NW FL. Or ones closer to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #11
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if you're in the US but I would look at small dealerships in the south. LA, AL, MS, NW FL. Or ones closer to you.
I'm in New England. Haven't noticed much action on here in regards to this vehicle in my region and I have 8 BMW dealers within an hr drive.

Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #12
GoSlow2GoFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks View Post
I'm in New England. Haven't noticed much action on here in regards to this vehicle in my region and I have 8 BMW dealers within an hr drive.

Fingers crossed.
Hello fellow New Englander, I'm down in RI. I got on the list at BMW or Warwick (Inskip) about 8 months ago in the #2 slot. Order has now been placed, but I haven't been assigned a production number yet. I think that is just starting for customer orders (non HEA "launch" cars). I know they had at least 7 people on their list, but could be more. Have you tried BMW of Norwood, or BMW of Norwell in MA? There is also BMW or Newport in RI, they are a bit more out of the way so no idea if you might get lucky there.

~bill
      02-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks
Quote:

Fingers crossed.
Check dealers in the Midwest (Cleveland, Michigan, Arkansas ) if you don't want to get in line out East.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #14
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

You're crazy.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #15
qbishon
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 is coming soon

I have the same feeling. Unfortunately today i got information about general european delays of delivery. I should get my car in the beginning of April, now its beginning of June.
I was like counting days, and i thought it's gonna be really soon. Short February, and March and here we go, but now... Ehh.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #16
ohnnyj
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

You're not the only one.

For me this will be my first BMW. Upgrading from a 2001 Civic and can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #17
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow2GoFast View Post
Hello fellow New Englander, I'm down in RI. I got on the list at BMW or Warwick (Inskip) about 8 months ago in the #2 slot. Order has now been placed, but I haven't been assigned a production number yet. I think that is just starting for customer orders (non HEA "launch" cars). I know they had at least 7 people on their list, but could be more. Have you tried BMW of Norwood, or BMW of Norwell in MA? There is also BMW or Newport in RI, they are a bit more out of the way so no idea if you might get lucky there.

~bill
That doesn't sound right. My dealer claims to have 3 orders in. I would think you'd have an order number already.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #18
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

You're not crazy - when the internet ran out of pics....I drove to a location to create more pics.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #19
Wr3ks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

~bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Check dealers in the Midwest (Cleveland, Michigan, Arkansas ) if you don't want to get in line out East.
I'll be calling this week to see about allocations.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #20
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Nope, not crazy, just starved for some movement and info.
Me too.
I feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #21
GoSlow2GoFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

Quote:

~bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
That doesn't sound right. My dealer claims to have 3 orders in. I would think you'd have an order number already.
Well, not sure if I should be concerned or not. I am a customer order, not an HEA, so I know I'm not in the pool of early builds that have or are happening now, and that's fine. But attached is what the dealer has shared with me, and still no production number as far as I know, even though there is an estimated build date of early March. I'm not being overly rude with them though, since as I understand it it's really BMW corporate that will determine what happens to it from here, not so much my local dealer. Or is that not right, should I be doing something else to influence this? How are these "swag" build dates that show in the system assigned, I assume there is some order to that and a priority or something, since I have read other people being much further out than this. Or are they truly meaningless until BMW assigns a production number? Any help interpreting the attached (I'm second on the list) appreciated.
Attached Images

02-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #22
playitfunky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I find myself checking these forums on a daily basis, but not only that, I also float round others now to see if they have anything different and then feel reassured when I see a photo /video that was posted here days before. At least this is (or seems to be) the best place to be! Roll on week 26 for me ?