02-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #89
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by etloeb View Post
So does the M2 in NA definitely not have an adaptive suspension or the option to get it?
I read in some thread that a project engineer indicated in an interview there is no adaptive suspension on the M2.

The following is a Google translation from German. No idea if this will be available in NA. There is a part number listed.

http://www.1erforum.de/threads/m-per...f87-m2.225684/

The retrofit M Performance sports suspension for BMW M2 models increases the dynamic driving performance of production vehicles significantly. The additional lowering of their vehicle (coilover) not only provides a more dynamic driving experience, but also reinforced the sporty appearance of the vehicle. The damping force adjustment is done separately for the rebound and compression damping. The adjustable damping components offer various custom handling for driving dynamics and comfort.

Sales features / benefits
- with this even sportier suspension tuning is an excellent roadholding achieved.
- Pronounced neutral handling and significantly reduced and rolling movements of the vehicle body.
- A much more direct connection of the vehicle body to the road surface increases the driving dynamics significantly.
- increase performance especially in highly dynamic driving style.
- Visually attractive black stainless steel muffler with red coil springs and blue spring plates. compared to the competition - the coilover is with the experience of professional tailored test drivers.
- the tests were performed on several tracks.
- the chassis was also used for various road conditions designed.
- the sport suspension was developed inspired by racing to driving dynamics for everyday road use offer.
- the choice of materials was carried out under the guidelines, best durability and corrosion resistance on series level to offer. functionality
- the height adjustment provides an adjustment range between 5-25 mm (5 mm lower than series status).
- independently adjustable damping technology for rebound and compression stage (16 settings options rebound / 12 setting options of compression damping).
- High-quality damping components for a long life of delivery - 2 stainless steel complete Suspensions with height-adjustable spring plate for the front axle - 2 dampers for the rear axle - 2 individual springs with height-adjustable spring plate rear - mounting accessories sentence formation, see EPC.
33 50 2413033
€ 1,962.18
net installation time ca. 5.0 hours
Available from the end of March
'74 2002tii, Sienna Braun Metallic, Manual, Sold; '84 e28 533i, Burgundrot Metallic, Manual, Sold; '95 e36 M3, Avus Blau Metallic, Manual, Sold; '06 e60 M5, Silver Grau Metallic, SMG, Sold; '09 e82 135i MSport, LeMans Blue, Manual, Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #90
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim2er View Post
I read in some thread that a project engineer indicated in an interview there is no adaptive suspension on the M2.
See here (German): http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1220019
      02-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #91
Inuyasha
“One finds limits by pushing them”
Rep
Drives: M2C

Do you know if Ride Height is adjustable without removing the coilover/shock? Is it independent adjustment?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 10:10 PM   #92
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

M Performance Coilover Kit for M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAgent View Post
Do you know if Ride Height is adjustable without removing the coilover/shock? Is it independent adjustment?
I don't as I have not owned coilovers yet. There is supposed to be independent dampening settings, rebound settings, and ride height adjustment.

Other forum members have speculated BMW is sourcing these from KW Automotive and they are KW Variant 3 Coilovers calibrated for or by BMW M. The specs appear to match. You could look at their documentation.

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-v3-14925.html

If these become available in the US and can be port installed, I will likely be interested in a set.
'74 2002tii, Sienna Braun Metallic, Manual, Sold; '84 e28 533i, Burgundrot Metallic, Manual, Sold; '95 e36 M3, Avus Blau Metallic, Manual, Sold; '06 e60 M5, Silver Grau Metallic, SMG, Sold; '09 e82 135i MSport, LeMans Blue, Manual, Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #93
etloeb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435

that's interesting thanks for the reply. it sounds pretty good in the writeup

I will be DD ing this car in the NYC area commute and I love the adaptive suspension on my 435. I always have it in sport or sport + on regular roads but on the highway / crummy bqe i usually like the comfort mode

thinking about it im sure the suspension they decide to go with will be fine
Appreciate 0