BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Executive Package

03-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #23
M2 Maybe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post
I was on the fence for a while. In the end I went with the package because I wanted the backup camera. $1400 is not a terrible add on price for the other items bundled with it.
It's a great price for everything that's include, especially for a Beemer. It wasn't even a second thought for me when I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 04:08 AM   #24
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3v View Post
At first no, but then eventually added it to my order because my current parking spot is kind of tight. Back up camera alone is worth the potential savings of roughing up the car during parking.

It saved me a few times in my previous car.
I use the back up camera all the time at the track..with a helmet and HANS on backing out to head to pit lane it's the only way I can be safe without a spotter.
Also, I am sure on resale you will get back at least half of the option cost.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #25
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: incoming M2 - sold 335D Sport
Location: 1988 M3, 2006 330 Conv (ZCP), 2008 535Xi, 2011 335D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
I use the back up camera all the time at the track..with a helmet and HANS on backing out to head to pit lane it's the only way I can be safe without a spotter.
Also, I am sure on resale you will get back at least half of the option cost.
FINALLY - the ONLY True reason to have the backup camera...I overlooked this - yes - Helmet on at the track.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #26
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep

In 47 tyears of driving - never never have I almost hit a person or car backing out.

Am I lucky? maybe.

I tend to park far away from the front door of the stores.

I tend to back back in if given the option.
I don't text while driving.
I take driving seriously.
I am aware of my surroundings - call it my OCD and situational awareness (Marine Training).

I hope my facilities and awareness of the surroundings maintain themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #27
Bluedoor
Private
Rep

I used to hate antilock brakes but I've grown to accept that modern safety is valuable. $1,400 seemed like a low price for the package and I'd hate my first parking lot accident happens after I opt out of a small package cost. I'm approaching my million mile driven with very few incidents and looking to invest in keeping my streak going.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #28
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman View Post
In 47 tyears of driving - never never have I almost hit a person or car backing out.

Am I lucky? maybe.

I tend to park far away from the front door of the stores.

I tend to back back in if given the option.
I don't text while driving.
I take driving seriously.
I am aware of my surroundings - call it my OCD and situational awareness (Marine Training).

I hope my facilities and awareness of the surroundings maintain themselves.
Sounds like YOU need a camera - it would certainly make your life much easier!
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 1
doug_9992538.50
      03-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #29
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
Why would I need a camera?

I wish cars had wind up windows versus electric motors

Why is it OK for a small sports car to be 3500 lbs? Its crazy. Especially not 4wd.
If we got rid of all the gizmos and gadgets and focused on the Privilege of driving versus the right to drive we would have fewer cars on the road, better roads, less accidents and a happier ME.

Not everyone is a good driver - would we all pay the price of their inabilities with cars that are so tech ridden they fail and are 3500-4K lbs? Come on - next you will want AUTONOMOUS driving cars, Speed limit cameras all along the HWY and cars that max out at 75mph.

Last edited by littleoldman; 03-21-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #30
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:

Why is it OK for a small sports car to be 3500 lbs? Its crazy. Especially not 4wd.
If we got rid of all the gizmos and gadgets and focused on the Privilege of driving versus the right to drive we would have fewer cars on the road, better roads, less accidents and a happier ME.

Not everyone is a good driver - would we all pay the price of their inabilities with cars that are so tech ridden they fail and are 3500-4K lbs? Come on - next you will want AUTONOMOUS driving cars, Speed limit cameras all along the HWY and cars that max out at 75mph.
Oh never mind....

'Not everyone' is a bit of an increasing understatement I fear - I generally feel happier to park behind a car with sensors or a RVC (easy to spot as the rear end will be sagging from all the extra weight?) although having said that even with warning systems you aren't always safe from damage.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:46 PM   #31
STK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpps View Post
Hey there, folks.

Curious: Is the Executive Package really worth it?

Honestly, I just want the camera and PDC sensors as my garage is a bit tight and the last thing I want to hear is the dreaded sound of metal rubbing up against a wall.

Any thoughts appreciated!
Over 90% of US 2016MY purchases had the EP. So I think it's considered a pretty good deal. My guess is that it would be expected for resale, too. Your call, of course, but the buyers have voted.

Detailed tables and graphs of color, trans, and EP of MY16 US and Canadian M2s can be found at the following link.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1272805&page=3

Hat tip to jtodd_fl for the hard work putting that together.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:28 AM   #32
rouxeny
Living the aloha
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Have taken care of lots of kids who were run over by backing up cars. Not saying that a backup camera would prevent all those, but I bet it would have prevented some.

I tend to rather swivel my head, but the camera does provide extra insurance and a view of somewhere that you cannot see no matter how much you turn your head.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #33
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post

I also reverse into my parking space when parking 90+% of the time so that my route is clear and visible ahead of me when I pull out of the space.

Agree on all here, Except I don't hate the idea of fully autonomous vehicles.

I am so over this. Bring them on.

I, as well as you, want fully engaged drivers on the road.

However , Drivers that have no desire to be engaged , that will be distracted, and that are poor drivers overall are better off in an autonomous vehicle that will come pick them up and drop them off and the vehicle will be more vigilant than the occupant will be. That makes that person a lot safer.

And so am *I* when they are.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #34
STK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

AND GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN! (just kiddin'.)
Appreciate 1
doug_9992538.50
      03-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #35
Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Sounds like you should buy the Performance Edition.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #36
rpps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '12 Golf

Garage List
Thank you, everyone.

Still on the fence but I have a tight garage I reverse into. Rear camera and PDC may just be worth it. Plus, I intend on commuting into NYC w/ it on good weather days, so, that right there may help the valets.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #37
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpps View Post
Thank you, everyone.

Still on the fence but I have a tight garage I reverse into. Rear camera and PDC may just be worth it. Plus, I intend on commuting into NYC w/ it on good weather days, so, that right there may help the valets.
Answers in no particular order:
Valets in NYC could give a shit - they back up till "bump"...you still need a bumper bully.
The squeeze their bodies in/out of cars via WINDOWS and lean all over your car (ask me how I know) - leaving bent metal.

I WILL GET OFF YOUR LAWN.

Tumbleweed:
The Performance Edition is all noise and no added performance. More money for no more performance. I am not interested. However, I ordered a M2 Competition as well as this car...give me more of a stripper with even more power and less weight (and pease give me carbon brakes and cloth LWB seats).

I am thrilled to have a non-EP and mine is Black...making my rare and that makes it's resale higher later on (rare means low # production stats)...good for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #38
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
I am thrilled to have a non-EP and mine is Black...making my rare and that makes it's resale higher later on (rare means low # production stats)...good for me.
Keep telling yourself that...
Appreciate 1
STK215.50
      03-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #39
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

What the fuck would be the point of Speed limit cameras all along the HWY if you had AUTONOMOUS driving cars? That doesn't even make any sense! What are you talking about! Would you like to buy some glow in the dark sunglasses?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #40
STK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Er, no. The only time deleting an option adds value is when it improves the experience. So, for example, some people would rather not have a sunroof due to weight or height considerations. Some people will pay extra. But having no EP will be like having no PP in the Z4MC. The aftermarket will just figure the purchaser was, er, fruggle and will find the car is less desirable. (Unlike a sunroof, most of that stuff can be turned off of modded to be turned off.) There is a reason why well over 90% of purchasers got the EP in MY16.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #41
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What the fuck would be the point of Speed limit cameras all along the HWY if you had AUTONOMOUS driving cars? That doesn't even make any sense! What are you talking about! Would you like to buy some glow in the dark sunglasses?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #42
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

I was ambivalent about the EP but ended up adding it. I am glad I did. The backup camera gives you that extra assistance in a world where pedestrians are looking down at their devices instead of being aware of backup lights or a reversing vehicle. If it ends up helping you avoid even 1 accident it is well worth the cost.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #43
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Just got off the Phone with USAA -
they do not give discounts for Rear Camera or Lane Departure features found in the EP.
they have NOT determined that it is helpful yet so they do not discount.
what they have noticed is rates are going UP because small parking lot accidents to the rear bumpers are now costing thousands because of the need to repair the sensors and other electronics.

So - no discount + no proof of benefit + extra costs and higher rates = no EP for me
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #44
Twt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Just got off the Phone with USAA -
they do not give discounts for Rear Camera or Lane Departure features found in the EP.
they have NOT determined that it is helpful yet so they do not discount.
what they have noticed is rates are going UP because small parking lot accidents to the rear bumpers are now costing thousands because of the need to repair the sensors and other electronics.

So - no discount + no proof of benefit + extra costs and higher rates = no EP for me
Insurance companies are the same ones that told us that aftermarket parts (china) are just as good as OEM, when they pay for repairs, people who speed are bad drivers ( autobahn) and need to pay higher premiums, a civic rental car is a like kind vehicle when your BMW is in the shop,etc. Just use your own life skills to evaluate...I "avoid" a parking lot event at least once a week thanks to my back up camera, but I do live in a city of crappy drivers!
Appreciate 0