BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Anything close to LBB?

03-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Anything close to LBB?

So I've still got a few days before my order is locked in, and I'm having a crisis of confidence!

I ordered LBB, but having seen the pictures of the new black car the Czech lad just took delivery of, and liking my MCG m235, I wonder if there is a car color close to LBB that I can see in the flesh?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
tutankhamon
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB BMW M2

Leguna Seca Blue is close, slightly more 'turquoisy'. It can be found on quite a few different models, albeit not an abundant color in its own right.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
LGWGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
So I've still got a few days before my order is locked in, and I'm having a crisis of confidence!

I ordered LBB, but having seen the pictures of the new black car the Czech lad just took delivery of, and liking my MCG m235, I wonder if there is a car color close to LBB that I can see in the flesh?
LBB is actually carried on the X6M too. It's how I first saw the color. Just bear in mind that it's on a car that isn't nearly as attractive.

OR just come to Dallas and I'll let you take a look at mine.
      03-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
STK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

If you haven't already, see if there's a LBB X5M or X6M at a dealer within driving distance. That's how I got a look at the color in person. Finding a M2 would be rough unless some dealer was taking delivery. That's a possibility, too. It really does change appearance depending on the light. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I would also post in the regional forum or contact BMWCC near you to see if anyone has one. Like others have suggested seeing an X in the color is good but you know how it is, comparatively that's a LOT of real estate compared to a 2 so if you could see the car you're getting in the color you're considering that would be ideal.

Just as an example GF has a red 3-series and I like the red on that car but I hate it on the SUV since there's just so much more of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
RAM_F30_F87
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT; 2012 328i 6MT

Garage List
Hopefully you'll get to see it in person.
To each his own on color preferences.
The following are my thoughts on how I made my choices, so please don't reply saying how only the color you chose is the 'right' one.
It might help him make a decision if you comment on how you arrived at your choice.
I've never considered black, too 'Darth Vader' for me. I've been told by owners that it only looks stunning when perfectly clean and shows marks too easily.
I test drove a gray one, and it might be a good choice if you like dark colors but not the potential downsides of black. To me, this is the 'stealth' color https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/ima...lideshow_l.jpg.
I owned a white 2000 3-series which I liked as it always looked 'clean', but there is just too much 'white' for me on the basic M2. Adding some exterior touches (e.g. carbon fiber) would dress it up and provide contrasts.
If you like blue and don't favor one of the other colors, I don't think you'd be disappointment as it's somewhat of a chameleon showing different shades of blue depending upon the lighting conditions. Add black kidney grills add a 'stealth' component.
Here's my LBB walk-around video shot by the paint detailer (extra glossy) in the early fall:
https://www.facebook.com/KMGDetailin...0132185162161/
Appreciate 1
Corinne1171.00
      03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #7
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: incoming M2 - sold 335D Sport
Location: 1988 M3, 2006 330 Conv (ZCP), 2008 535Xi, 2011 335D Sport

Get black - LBB will be played out in a few years...albeit it is unique today. But also a magnet...for cops and spectators alike. I personally do not need anyone knowing me that well...or waiting for me at my driveway knowing how rare these cars are.

I am happy to go under the radar in my relatively small town. I dont need to get seen speeding in a HOT Blue car...and then every time I drive aggressively wonder if they know its me bc there is only one M2 that looks like that.

I am happy to have the "what was that" and be gone. But that is just me - hence my black M2.
Appreciate 1
reppucci339.50
      03-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I think the key is the individual color hues that they offer. All of the M2 colors are great on their own. Sometimes a car manufacture misses the mark on a hue and the color looks terrible. Some colors need enough contrasting parts to pull it off, like the old Red 5 series cars in the '90's. They had too much red and looked like taxi cabs, the hue was nice but just too much surface area. I had a Red Honda CRX which was not my first choice (only one I could find in the greater Boston area at the time) but it had enough black parts to pull if off. I have seen the M2 in all the colors and would be happy with any of them! So basically you can't go wrong!

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #9
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys! I'm probably going to keep my choice, as I've had black and white before, and as mentioned both show up the tinyiest spec of dirt!

One of the local dealers had the X6 in LBB, and I like it enough to be reassured - as much as I like the grey, I'd prefer this one to stand out a bit more!

Thanks again,
Andy
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

dirty actually looks good on this car, you really cant go wrong. Ask me how i know
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

I went through a similar thought process and ordered LBB.

I've seen a dozen so far, and a couple locally on many occasions. I actually don't find it particularly startling as a colour - it's still relatively subdued often looking like a slightly lighter E-series Le Mans Blue in early morning sun through to almost a slightly muddy aqua on cloudy days. I don't think it will necessarily date as much as certain other colours over time and is one of the more practical colours to care for.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #12
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Thanks guys! I'm probably going to keep my choice, as I've had black and white before, and as mentioned both show up the tinyiest spec of dirt!

One of the local dealers had the X6 in LBB, and I like it enough to be reassured - as much as I like the grey, I'd prefer this one to stand out a bit more!

Thanks again,
Andy
Good call staying with LBB

If you liked it on X6, you gonna love it on the M2. I also first saw the color on X6 and it was ok but once i saw it on the M2 in person, i was sold!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #13
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

I get lots of random compliments on the LBB color with mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #14
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I went with LBB and haven't regretted it for one second. I'm into blues though as my wife has an estoril blue 335 and my next car will be a LSB M3 one day. Everyone loves the car and color and have even gotten multiple thumbs up from E92 drivers.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #15
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Quote:

Thanks again,
Andy
I ordered LBB sight unseen. I had a Lemans Blue prior to that so I'm not afraid of bright colors. Then saw LBB on an X6 a week before delivery and absolutely hated it. The good news is that M2 looks much much better in LBB than the X6 so if you liked LBB on the X6, you'll love it on the M2. I'm happy with it. It's not a true blue though, imho. More like a color shifting bluish teal. It does get attention so you need to be comfortable with that. Also, one thing I don't hear people explain or consider is that LBB is just as hard to keep clean as BSM, for example. You will see every drop of dirt on it if you get sleet in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 08:10 AM   #16
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
I ordered LBB sight unseen. I had a Lemans Blue prior to that so I'm not afraid of bright colors. Then saw LBB on an X6 a week before delivery and absolutely hated it. The good news is that M2 looks much much better in LBB than the X6 so if you liked LBB on the X6, you'll love it on the M2. I'm happy with it. It's not a true blue though, imho. More like a color shifting bluish teal. It does get attention so you need to be comfortable with that. Also, one thing I don't hear people explain or consider is that LBB is just as hard to keep clean as BSM, for example. You will see every drop of dirt on it if you get sleet in the winter.
Fortunately here in Houston, sleet (and cold) are mythical beasts that no-one really, truly believe in!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #17
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman View Post
Get black - LBB will be played out in a few years...albeit it is unique today. But also a magnet...for cops and spectators alike. I personally do not need anyone knowing me that well...or waiting for me at my driveway knowing how rare these cars are.

I am happy to go under the radar in my relatively small town. I dont need to get seen speeding in a HOT Blue car...and then every time I drive aggressively wonder if they know its me bc there is only one M2 that looks like that.

I am happy to have the "what was that" and be gone. But that is just me - hence my black M2.
If you're driving like such an a-hole that you have to wonder if people will recognize you because of your "skills" than whether your car is black, blue or purple won't matter, people will notice.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #18
_bmwdriver_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT

I first ordered LBB and then saw a few MG with black kidney and side grills. And so I never looked back. http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1363289
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #19
DerRikker
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
Fortunately here in Houston, sleet (and cold) are mythical beasts that no-one really, truly believe in!
I drive daily between Fulshear and Westheimer/beltway 8 if you want to see one in person - but its dirty right now :
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #20
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Once you've had black there's no going back but I still prefer white on the M2...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #21
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

If you want to know what LBB looks like just go to your local mall and enter a TIffanys jewelry store and take a look at the trademark color
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #22
littleoldman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: incoming M2 - sold 335D Sport
Location: 1988 M3, 2006 330 Conv (ZCP), 2008 535Xi, 2011 335D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Slayer View Post
If you want to know what LBB looks like just go to your local mall and enter a TIffanys jewelry store and take a look at the trademark color

Deal KING - you are buying knock off Tiffany if you think the little blue box matches LBB...NOT even close.
Appreciate 1
luvmybmmr305.00