BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Eventuri CEL

02-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #23
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: X6M

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1325659

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #24
toastie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeofdeath View Post
Report back when you have it installed on your car. I wonder if the special design for the MAF cures the CEL issues open intakes have on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
OP can you email info@eventuri.net with a picture of your carbon tune around the MAF boss area?

There hasn't been any issues reported back regarding a CEL on this intake. Its one of the most popular kits.
Eventuri will be sending me a new MAF Boss to test and requested some additional pictures. When it arrives and I swap, I will post back.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #26
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
Eventuri will be sending me a new MAF Boss to test and requested some additional pictures. When it arrives and I swap, I will post back.
Great customer service! Interested to hear what happens. I'm interested in this intake, but like you, I dont want CELs.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #27
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Great customer service! Interested to hear what happens. I'm interested in this intake, but like you, I dont want CELs.
They responded to my initial email in 5 minutes (asking some followup) and we went back and forth 5 times in 45 minutes. Fantastic customer service.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #28
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
They responded to my initial email in 5 minutes (asking some followup) and we went back and forth 5 times in 45 minutes. Fantastic customer service.
Wow, no kidding!

Well if nothing else you can always do what my wife did back in college and just wait till the check engine bulb burns out. Only took 90,000 miles...

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #29
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow, no kidding!

Well if nothing else you can always do what my wife did back in college and just wait till the check engine bulb burns out. Only took 90,000 miles...

Good luck!
Black electrical tape.

Unfortunately we have yearly inspection so it has to get resolved in some fashion.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #30
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Got new MAF Boss, reinstalled it. It's thicker than the existing boss. As I was installing/uninstalling/reinstalling, the code cleared itself. Which I thought was weird. But it hasn't come back since Tuesday. I will be driving a lot over the next couple of days and will take back roads to see if I can get the code to retrigger.

Through all this, Eventuri customer service has been outstanding. I always get email responses within an hour. Special thanks to Bilal for being patient with me and working with me though this. This is some of the best customer service I've received. Probably on par with Amazon.

I will update again one way or another in a few days.
Appreciate 1
LBBDrew336.00
      03-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #31
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Update: Got new MAF Boss, reinstalled it. It's thicker than the existing boss. As I was installing/uninstalling/reinstalling, the code cleared itself. Which I thought was weird. But it hasn't come back since Tuesday. I will be driving a lot over the next couple of days and will take back roads to see if I can get the code to retrigger.

Through all this, Eventuri customer service has been outstanding. I always get email responses within an hour. Special thanks to Bilal for being patient with me and working with me though this. This is some of the best customer service I've received. Probably on par with Amazon.

I will update again one way or another in a few days.
Any updates? Did the new MAF boss fix the issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #32
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Any updates? Did the new MAF boss fix the issue?
I would say so, yes. I've driven it a few times over the past 2 weeks. The pending codes are gone and nothing has been triggered since.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #33
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangspeed View Post
It isn't the MAF or the oiled filter. It's the fact that it has different flow characteristics than the stock intake. You have one of two choices when it comes to an aftermarket intake. Either it stays near stock flow and doesn't do anything, other than sound better, or it flows significantly differently (maybe good, maybe bad) and will trigger an alert.

It's pretty much pointless unless you unlock the DME and code for the intake on your own car. Besides, all the Eventuri videos I've seen have what appears to be a compressor surge sound. Can't say it is directly caused by the intake, but take a closer listen for it. Maybe I'm wrong about the sound.
Just installed the Eventuri system and it has the compressor surge sound when you let off the throttle/during shifts....doesn't happen when revving stationary. This can't be right?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #34
Wangspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Quote:
It isn't the MAF or the oiled filter. It's the fact that it has different flow characteristics than the stock intake. You have one of two choices when it comes to an aftermarket intake. Either it stays near stock flow and doesn't do anything, other than sound better, or it flows significantly differently (maybe good, maybe bad) and will trigger an alert.

It's pretty much pointless unless you unlock the DME and code for the intake on your own car. Besides, all the Eventuri videos I've seen have what appears to be a compressor surge sound. Can't say it is directly caused by the intake, but take a closer listen for it. Maybe I'm wrong about the sound.
Just installed the Eventuri system and it has the compressor surge sound when you let off the throttle/during shifts....doesn't happen when revving stationary. This can't be right?
Interesting to hear from someone that has one. Thanks for confirming the compressor surge sound. Do you hear it on the gas at all, or only when off?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 10:33 PM   #35
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Interesting to hear from someone that has one. Thanks for confirming the compressor surge sound. Do you hear it on the gas at all, or only when off?
Not on gas, only coming off throttle when upshifting or just taking your foot off and during downshifts. In comfort mode it's pretty loud and in Sport you really need to listen for it, not sure if it's due to the exhaust valves being open/louder or it kinda goes away. I may have used the incorrect terminology, it's called flutter dump/turbo flutter. I still don't know if it's safe or not. Only thing I can think of is it may go away after a proper tune...

I've yet to hear another Intake make that sound.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #36
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Not on gas, only coming off throttle when upshifting or just taking your foot off and during downshifts. In comfort mode it's pretty loud and in Sport you really need to listen for it, not sure if it's due to the exhaust valves being open/louder or it kinda goes away. I may have used the incorrect terminology, it's called flutter dump/turbo flutter. I still don't know if it's safe or not. Only thing I can think of is it may go away after a proper tune...

I've yet to hear another Intake make that sound.
It's because the bell housing on the intake is completely open that it's easier to hear. It will most certainly go away with a proper tune.

As for the comfort vs sport mode. My hypothesis is that sport mode, when it changes the throttle response, does something to keep the turbo spooled or partially spooled so I'm sure there's something there that changes the behavior of the wastegate and throttle, keeping it open a bit longer between shifts or after letting off.

I haven't updated this in a while, but I've been just driving and enjoying the car since the new MAF boss. I took the car up to the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway and there were zero issues or CELs or loss of power or anything like that after 8 hours of driving plus the trip amount.

I don't really recommend the dragon because people are idiots but the skyway was fantastic. If you are going to drive the dragon, do it from the TN side where there isn't a gathering for Darwin award winners.

Last edited by blackholescion; 06-14-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
BAN_M2C4178.00
Mavus2026.00