BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > WhatsApp voice note not playing in the car.

01-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
MadViper
Private First Class
Panama
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

WhatsApp voice note not playing in the car.

Has anyone noticed that the VN’s are not playing in the phone/ car speaker if the iPhone is connected via Bluetooth to the car? I imagine this must be the phone problem and not the car. Funny thing is there has been a few updates after the problem started and the problem persists.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Yup known issue, same happens with Facebook voice notes!

Many other cars have it

MR
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #3
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
I came up with this option a few days ago!

Tested something new today, an app called Soundabout for Android.

Playing voice notes from Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger via your phone and the Bluetooth connection with the build-in carkit proved to be impossible. Similarly for playing voice instructions from Waze via the carkit.

There was no simple solution until I found an app, called SoundAbout. With this app you can redirect media sound like audio from voice notes and voice instructions via your carkit onto your in-car audio system.

The phone sends a signal to the carkit as soon as the voice note or voice instruction starts.The carkit thinks a phone call audio stream comes in and the switches to the audio stream. As soon as the audio stream is done, it goes back to your radio channel or other music stream.

There is a small delay of about half a second before the sound from the phone comes through, but I can manage that for now. I still need to do more testing, but this is great first start.
Appreciate 1
MadViper141.50