BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Akrapovic issue

12-19-2016, 02:36 AM   #23
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Get a different installer. I mounted mine in an hour using just a floor jack.
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #24
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
I prefer to put it in my office as a decoration rather than sell it in this price.
Ha ha ! That's pretty bad though, considering the price of the unit. I don't think I'll buy an Akra somehow.
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 1
Khalifa30.50
      12-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #25
Khalifa
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 (F87)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Get a different installer. I mounted mine in an hour using just a floor jack.
Yes I will, they told me to go to shop specialized in BMW and I will post a video for the sound soon
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #26
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

You removed the entire exhaust and reverted back to stock?

At the least you should have communication with the control kit allowing the valves to open under factory operation as opposed to using the Akrapovic Sound Kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #27
Khalifa
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 (F87)

Finally the flaps are working now

They changed both modules that responsible to open and close the flaps and it's fine now

Thanks all for your comments and help, and soon I will post a video for the exhaust sound.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #28
jesustracy
Rep
Drives: F87 M2(6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhands View Post
Chris here from Park Ave BMW. We recently installed the Akrapovic Exhaust on DetailersDomain M2.

The install itself is pretty straightforward. The remote (Sound Kit) you purchased uses what Akrapovic calls a "can sniffer." The two wires that correspond to the valves (yellow/red & yellow/brown) are placed into the can sniffer.

When we mounted the Akrapovic, we left the trunk liner out to ensure we had the right wires. Akrapovic's manual states there may be 2 sets of wires that have the same color. We saw 3.

Can Sniffer Wiring by Chris Palma, on Flickr

Make sure all the connections are tight on the control kit as well. You should see a green light on it if the devices are communicating.

Pairing the Sound Kit shouldn't require much. Just hold it close to the Control Kit and press & hold the button. Again this will only work if the right wires are on the can sniffer and it is communicating with the Control Kit. Check pages 14 & 15 of the manual for more help on that. The light on ther remote indicates the status.

http://www.akrapovic.com/docs/SoundK...tionManual.pdf

IMG_0551 by Chris Palma, on Flickr

That aside, there is absolutely no coding/programming/etc. that needed to be done.

There's really no telling what was done by the initial installer. You (definitely) have to pull the trunk liner out and see what was done. The Akrapovic manual is very clear.

Report back with any updates. I'll do my best to be of any assistance.

Hi, buddy. I have my M2 installed MPE exhaust. Other M2 owner and I have the same problem. We opened the valves, but the valves would randomly closed by itself. The other owner also posted this http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1319784 please check this link out.

I sent my car to the dealership, they checked all the wires had the power. So there must be the bluetooth interference problem. It is so annoying to reopen the valves often. Did you see this problem before? And any suggestion about it?
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:27 PM   #29
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesustracy View Post
Hi, buddy. I have my M2 installed MPE exhaust. Other M2 owner and I have the same problem. We opened the valves, but the valves would randomly closed by itself. The other owner also posted this http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1319784 please check this link out.

I sent my car to the dealership, they checked all the wires had the power. So there must be the bluetooth interference problem. It is so annoying to reopen the valves often. Did you see this problem before? And any suggestion about it?
Thank you.
I haven't heard of this. I'll look into it and get back to you. I know, in stock form, the valves won't stay open in some cases to avoid drone. I don't think that's the case with the bluetooth on the MPE.

When I open the valves on my F80 they stay open even when I turn off the engine until next startup.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:09 AM   #30
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
If only you could get rid of that BT remote... I hate it both on the JCW and M2 set ups. Just not the best set up out there.

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 04:21 AM   #31
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
I prefer to put it in my office as a decoration rather than sell it in this price.
Appreciate 0