BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 ordered today with ZERO problems

07-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera S (sold the M2)

M2 ordered today with ZERO problems

With all the talk of limited allocations, dealer markups, etc. I thought I would stop by Hendrick's at lunch today.... even though my 435i Gran Coupe lease isn't up for ~11 months.

The CA told me they had ONE SLOT left for 2017. (Either I was lucky or was a pitch to get my $1k deposit). But since there was ZERO dealer markup, I went ahead and priced out my MANUAL SHIFTING model and took out my credit card.

I only wish I could get the backup camera w/o the full exec package, but went ahead and selected it (we don't need heated steering wheels here in SC!). I didn't opt for the DRIVERS PACKAGE, but the CA told me I could still get the car at the performance center. Really?

CA is thinking the car might take 9-12 months to bake. Really?

Anyone here with experience know how my lease PULL FWD option would work should the M2 be ready before my lease is up?

thanks in advance.

BTW, I stopped by Palmetto Ford on the way just to see if they had a GT350 on the show floor. They did actually. Sure enough: dealer markup of $19,995 right next to the sticker! Bah, hum bug!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post
This would worry me... this says they either don't really have an allocation yet for you (and just expect to get one) or you are fairly low on their list. 12 months from now will almost be to MY18. I don't think dealers even have allocations out that far. Therefore, all of their current allocations are sold and you are simply on a list for a future allocation.

Regardless, hoping things go smoothly and they aren't messing with you
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

The problems usually come after the deposit .... just kidding!
      07-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev
With all the talk of limited allocations, dealer markups, etc. I thought I would stop by Hendrick's at lunch today.... even though my 435i Gran Coupe lease isn't up for ~11 months.

The CA told me they had ONE SLOT left for 2017. (Either I was lucky or was a pitch to get my $1k deposit). But since there was ZERO dealer markup, I went ahead and priced out my MANUAL SHIFTING model and took out my credit card.

I only wish I could get the backup camera w/o the full exec package, but went ahead and selected it (we don't need heated steering wheels here in SC!). I didn't opt for the DRIVERS PACKAGE, but the CA told me I could still get the car at the performance center. Really?

Anyone here with experience know how my lease PULL FWD option would work should the M2 be ready before my lease is up?

thanks in advance.

BTW, I stopped by Palmetto Ford on the way just to see if they had a GT350 on the show floor. They did actually. Sure enough: dealer markup of $19,995 right next to the sticker! Bah, hum bug!
Lol you just put yourself on the list bro. If they had an allocation you would be given a production number on the spot. I suggest you put yourself on other dealer's lists, and when you are handed an actual allocation with a production number, pull your deposits back from the rest of the dealers, As far as how the lease pull ahead would work; you'd basically pay the rest of your lease payments- buy the car from BMW- then sell the car to your dealership (its not as complicated , dealer does all that in 1 shot but its basically how it works) . It would depend what your car is worth , you could be up $ or you could be down $. EDIT:Sometimes, if they are running pull ahead programs, they would credit some of the remaining payments to your deal, basically eating some of those payments for you
      07-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

lol welcome to a waiting list. we've all been on several of them this year and some last year. no one here is having any problems getting onto a wait list especially a 1 year long one.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #6
firestarter2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NA

Epic OP lol welcome.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopslide
lol welcome to a waiting list. we've all been on several of them this year and some last year. no one here is having any problems getting onto a wait list especially a 1 year long one.
It's crazy looking back about 2 years ago this forum was pumping still. I can't believe I got the car in early April. Just 6 months-1 year after and the list starting getting long
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Congrats.

I got my production number today also. I submitted my European Delivery dates for beginning of October and now waiting for confirmation.

I did not select Executive Package. The only thing useful in that package is the rear camera, but my current daily driver does not have it so I will not be missing anything.

Also I do not want lane departure crap, vibrating steering vehicle, annoying park distance senors beeping at me in the cab (one day these will fail and beep randomly), etc. Leave all those nannies out of the M2!

I believe vehicle mark ups are a West Coast phenomenon. East coast guys do not have to worry except for maybe FL.

Last edited by chmura; 07-05-2016 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #9
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Congrats.

I did not select Executive Package. The only thing useful in that package is the rear camera, but my current daily driver does not have it so I will not be missing anything.

Also I do not want lane departure crap, vibrating steering vehicle, annoying park distance senors beeping at my in the cab, etc. Leave all those nannies out of the M2!
Yes sir! That was my mindset. I agree that the only thing I wanted was the back up camera, which would be nice when backing into spaces (especially at work), but whatever it wasn't that necessary.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:19 AM   #10
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

hmmm. Well, the CA told me that Hendrick's has an allotment for 2017 and only one left. He told me he would have a production number for me to track in a matter of days. I guess I will see. (not desperate, my Gran Coupe isn't due back until this time next year.... but I miss my manual gear box!!)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #11
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
hmmm. Well, the CA told me that Hendrick's has an allotment for 2017 and only one left. He told me he would have a production number for me to track in a matter of days. I guess I will see. (not desperate, my Gran Coupe isn't due back until this time next year.... but I miss my manual gear box!!)
No allocations has been released that far ahead yet for US orders and they are only released for three months at the time for US orders as I understand it so it sounds like sales talk just to lure you in.

I would ask how many people are before you on the list. 11 months can be way to tight if there are a lot of people ahead of you.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

To the OP: congrats!

HOWEVER - it should be noted that buying car that far out will undoubtedly be hassle free. There are no allocations so dealers can promise as many as they want.
Appreciate 1
linro1.00
      07-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
I would ask how many people are before you on the list. 11 months can be way to tight if there are a lot of people ahead of you.
CA says they got 4 allocations for MY2017. I am no.4 he tells me. Car might be ready in 6 months. Or 12 months. (He might have been padding as my lease isn't over for ~11 months). Either way, I plan to own an M2 at MSRP after I'm done with this G.Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #14
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
The problems usually come after the deposit .... just kidding!
but not really. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #15
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
CA says they got 4 allocations for MY2017. I am no.4 he tells me. Car might be ready in 6 months. Or 12 months. (He might have been padding as my lease isn't over for ~11 months). Either way, I plan to own an M2 at MSRP after I'm done with this G.Coupe.
I think what he meant was they expect to get 4 MY2017 cars. All other dealers are still waiting for their autumn allocations.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #16
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

Maybe. I just want one (manual!) with my name on it sometime around the time my current lease is up. Hopefully my deposit ensures that happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #17
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Maybe. I just want one (manual!) with my name on it sometime around the time my current lease is up. Hopefully my deposit ensures that happens.
Yeah, I don't mean to sound negative. I hope you get your car as soon as possible that is why me and a few others say it is great to be on a few lists as it will make it easier to get a car as dealers tell a lot of BS to keep people on their lists...

No dealer knows ANYTING on when their 2017 cars will arrive. If they do claim that, they lie.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #18
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Sorry to say it, but that is pure BS.

As of right now, all dealers have is allocations up until September of this year. After that it's anybody's guess and there is ZERO guarantee on the number and timeframe of allocations.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #19
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
I hope so too... the deposit really means nothing other than holding a spot in line. Having said that, if you are actually #4 there, the 12 month time frame does sound pretty reasonable.

My bet is you are OK but I think many people here get bothered with the B.S. sales people push. They should just be straight up.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #20
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

The dealers know how many M2's they are getting for the calendar year. July's allocation will have October through December build slots. So If you get an allocation and production number for this round, your car will be here earlier than your lease end date. Then the real game begins with what to do with your current lease which will cost you to get out of. But I bet you are just on a list for next year.
      07-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #21
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 (LBB+DCT)

Quote:
I'd really push them to give you a production number. They should be able to have provided one to you as soon as they input your order. Right now allocations are only out to Sept. so if anything, the latest you'd receive your car is the end of this year.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by le panecito View Post
I'd really push them to give you a production number. They should be able to have provided one to you as soon as they input your order. Right now allocations are only out to Sept. so if anything, the latest you'd receive your car is the end of this year.
Incorrect, his order is only in the order bank. If his dealer only has one allocation left for the year (this is what it sounds like) and clemsonkev does not get it, he is looking at 1st quarter of next year at the earliest. If clemsonkev gets the allocation he will get a prod number the same day.