BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Just put a deposit (SF Bay Area)

01-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
norberts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, D5

Garage List
Just put a deposit (SF Bay Area)

I put a deposit today for the M2 at Easy Bay BMW.
They told me there are more than 10 people on the list and it could take about a year to two years. I have 14 months left on my M235i lease. I hope somebody drops out but if not, no biggie. They said they are getting on average 10 allocations a year but that could change. Also no discount on ED.

I also want to mention that I called another dealership (Steven's Creek BMW in Santa Clara) and they told me somewhat rudely that there is a list but I shouldn't even put my name because I'm never going to get the car. Aside from the tone, I hate being told what I cannot do. It's not my first bad experience with this dealer, and I see now that I never do business with them for a good reason.

As usual East Bay BMW were great.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
East Bay Bmw told me the same thing about 4 months ago. I made some quick phone calls and bought my car out of state. Good thing is that you have 14 (long) months.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Zoominrex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by norberts View Post
They told me there are more than 10 people on the list and it could take about a year to two years. I have 14 months left on my M235i lease. I hope somebody drops out but if not, no biggie. They said they are getting on average 10 allocations a year but that could change. Also no discount on ED.

I also want to mention that I called another dealership (Steven's Creek BMW in Santa Clara) and they told me somewhat rudely that there is a list but I shouldn't even put my name because I'm never going to get the car. Aside from the tone, I hate being told what I cannot do. It's not my first bad experience with this dealer, and I see now that I never do business with them for a good reason.

Rough. I placed my order with Stevens Creek on January 6, 2016 and I just got a week 13 build. Gordon @ SC has been open and honest with me throughout the process. Who did you talk to?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:07 AM   #4
ed03feng
2017 M2 /2017 Macan Turbo / 2013 Gallardo STS / 1994 RX7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Dealers in So Cal have lot more inventory. I walked in and just picked up one wth very reasonable mark up only $1k.
      01-19-2017, 04:30 AM   #5
Outsider1
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 white, carbon roof, 6

Quote:

I also placed a deposit at East Bay BMW recently ( two weeks ago. )

Was told I am #20 on the list ( 19 deposits ahead of me.)

I specifically asked for European Delivery and was told they would NOT do that at East Bay BMW presently because it would cost them an allocation and over $3500 of profit. At about 2 cars a month, it would in theory take me well into 2018 model year.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
norberts
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoominrex View Post
Rough. I placed my order with Stevens Creek on January 6, 2016 and I just got a week 13 build. Gordon @ SC has been open and honest with me throughout the process. Who did you talk to?
I was bounced between three people, I am not sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
norberts
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
I also placed a deposit at East Bay BMW recently ( two weeks ago. )

Was told I am #20 on the list ( 19 deposits ahead of me.)

I specifically asked for European Delivery and was told they would NOT do that at East Bay BMW presently because it would cost them an allocation and over $3500 of profit. At about 2 cars a month, it would in theory take me well into 2018 model year.
They said they can leave it in Germany for me to pick up but I won't get the price discount, so like you said it's coming from their usual allocation.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #8
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

Call around dealerships in So Cal if you want to pick one up for MSRP or close to it sooner. Once you figure out who has what start trying to talk them down. Cost of a one way plane ticket or delivering up to Nor Cal pretty cheap. I was able to find one in Orange County for a small amount over sticker while I couldn't find anything in the bay area except long waiting lists or cars soon to be delivered to the dealer that would have 5k of extras + another 5k markup.

Also someone posted lately Beverly Hills BMW does the most sales in the country and so they get the most allocations and they were able to get an upcoming allocation immediately and put their order in right away at sticker. I would check with them.

As always whatever dealer you call you might want to look up their head of fleet/internet sales and call them directly as I think they have the authority to make a deal themselves.
Appreciate 0