BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Passenger Restraint System Malfunction

01-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

Passenger Restraint System Malfunction

Being the idiot I am, I tore into my brand new M2 to hard wire a dash cam. I have a mobius and was thinking it may be cool and stealthy to put it at the base of the passenger A pillar, running the cable from the green/brown wire underneath the console above the rearview mirror. Ended up succeeding and getting power to the lower right windshield are but haven't rigged a mount yet. Still TBD. FWIW, the A Pillar is a PITA.

But, long story short, after I put everything back together, I have a Service Request warning for Passenger Restraint System Malfunction. I DID disconnect the maplight console and yes, probably turned on the ignition at some point in that state, so I'm HOPING that it's a simple reset somewhere rather than a stretched wire in that harness. I struggled with splicing that wire and could have done something to adjacent wires, but doubt it.

I have esys and cable and have coded a few things. I googled the error and didn't find anything crystal clear for F22/87 about how to reset the error. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I could take an educated guess or try to figure it out, but I'd rather stand on the shoulders of giants for anything as important as safety features considering my trivial knowledge on the subject.

Can anyone point me to a how-to for resetting warnings? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Peter/CantComplain
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

bump. if there's a better place to post this, can anyone please advise? Thanks.
Appreciate 0