BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Allocation Needed

01-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

M2 Allocation Needed

I'm in Denver but looking for any open allocation at MSRP nationwide, the closer the better though! Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Allocation found! Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #3
mokrunka
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2, 2011 BMW 335i

Whacha getting?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
TheBatM2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3C, Individual DBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
Allocation found! Thanks everyone.
Congratulations! What's your build week?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #5
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks! It took about a dozen dealer calls and asking a lot of questions, one being, do you know of another dealer that may have an allocation available? That's what got me this one! I can't remember in the end which dealer told me this but they said, this one dealer has an allocation but its over MSRP. I called them anyway and just stated, I'm looking for an allocation, no greater than MSRP and I'm ready to buy it today. Don't say anything about being out of state until later in the conversation. I think for some dealers this is an opportunity for them to add a surcharge, maybe not but you never know. It's less than 500 miles away so an easy fly in and nice drive back in April, I hope!

8th build week.

Black, Manual, Exec package, Apple CarPlay, M Performance Package & Carbon Mirror caps @ MSRP

Thanks for everyone on this forum for tips and great information about the purchasing processes!
Appreciate 1
D CHOI581.00
      01-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
TheBatM2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2taz View Post
Thanks! It took about a dozen dealer calls and asking a lot of questions, one being, do you know of another dealer that may have an allocation available? That's what got me this one! I can't remember in the end which dealer told me this but they said, this one dealer has an allocation but its over MSRP. I called them anyway and just stated, I'm looking for an allocation, no greater than MSRP and I'm ready to buy it today. Don't say anything about being out of state until later in the conversation. I think for some dealers this is an opportunity for them to add a surcharge, maybe not but you never know. It's less than 500 miles away so an easy fly in and nice drive back in April, I hope!

8th build week.

Black, Manual, Exec package, Apple CarPlay, M Performance Package & Carbon Mirror caps @ MSRP

Thanks for everyone on this forum for tips and great information about the purchasing processes!
That's great! I'm Week 7, and now you get to start the Week 8 build tracking thread
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

M2taz, so the allocation you got was for the second quarter (April/May/June)? See I'm so confused, reading on this forum it sounds like all the allocations went out for quarter 1 (Jan/Feb/March) in December. Based on history the April/May/June allocations would be issued in March but you were able to get an allocation in January.

I'm supposed to be the one spot at my dealer and they keep saying they expect an allocation any day. But after reading up on this forum I think I won't see an allocation until March.

Good for you though.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #8
TheBatM2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post
M2taz, so the allocation you got was for the second quarter (April/May/June)? See I'm so confused, reading on this forum it sounds like all the allocations went out for quarter 1 (Jan/Feb/March) in December. Based on history the April/May/June allocations would be issued in March but you were able to get an allocation in January.

I'm supposed to be the one spot at my dealer and they keep saying they expect an allocation any day. But after reading up on this forum I think I won't see an allocation until March.

Good for you though.
In M2taz case, he may have found a dealer with an open Q1 allocation. As far as waiting for allocations, I've noticed that inventory managers are constantly hunting for open allocations.

In my case, I was told that there are no open allocations, and then within 5 minutes I received an email that their Inventory Manager was able to find one.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #9
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiamhere View Post
In M2taz case, he may have found a dealer with an open Q1 allocation. As far as waiting for allocations, I've noticed that inventory managers are constantly hunting for open allocations.

In my case, I was told that there are no open allocations, and then within 5 minutes I received an email that their Inventory Manager was able to find one.
So I went to speak with my SA today and was told that even though I'm on the order bank it doesn't guarantee me a car because I'm looking at MSRP. Apparently they have a secret list of people that's not in the order bank to have priority over the order bank because they are willing to pay more. He told me that's how they do business because money talks. This isn't the fairest way to do business as it should be whoever ordered first should get the car first. I feel so entitled to an allocation being #1 and they get 3 allocations but I don't get one? Just heart breaking...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHOI View Post
So I went to speak with my SA today and was told that even though I'm on the order bank it doesn't guarantee me a car because I'm looking at MSRP. Apparently they have a secret list of people that's not in the order bank to have priority over the order bank because they are willing to pay more. He told me that's how they do business because money talks. This isn't the fairest way to do business as it should be whoever ordered first should get the car first. I feel so entitled to an allocation being #1 and they get 3 allocations but I don't get one? Just heart breaking...
That's a bunch of BS if they didn't tell you this up-front. I would look elsewhere and post the name of the dealership so everyone knows to try and avoid.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHOI View Post
That's a bunch of BS if they didn't tell you this up-front. I would look elsewhere and post the name of the dealership so everyone knows to try and avoid.
+1 I would pull my $$
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #12
D CHOI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post

Nope I wasn't being told this upfront but was told if they had some VIP customers who bought many cars from them can have priority over others. However their name should be in the order bank list and not some other secret list. I thought the whole time the order bank list is what mattered. Apparently not and there's other plans going on behind doors.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
D CHOI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6734202 View Post
+1 I would pull my $$
They never took my deposit as they said it wouldn't matter since my name is in the order bank it's not important. I insist on doing so and they said it would make no difference to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #14
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post

Good for you though.
The allocation that I found was for Q1 and ready for me to build my car. Sorry if I'm not using the correct terminology, this is all new to me! The short of it, I called and they were able to build my M2 the spec I wanted, they took a deposit and I received a production number with my name on it. I called the BMW genius number with that prod number and they stated it's looking like build week 8. I got very lucky because the dealer didn't have a waiting list at that time but hear, two days later, they have 2 on the list now. There's just a lot of dealers that are playing games with these lists, I'm finding. Ordering cars around them and so on.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #15
fcmaras
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 E36 M3

Congratulations on the find. It is a confusing process and luck does come in handy.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #16
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep

I was hoping to get lucky like Mtaz, I just added myself to another dealership that has a #1 spot available for q2. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be an early q2 bulld. How do you guys wait on these lists. I'm antsy to get one and depressed thinking it will not happen until April to June
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #17
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Consider yourself fortunate, OP. Others may have done a bit better, but many have done much worse.

I put $5 grand down at my local dealer last January, and was told I was #20 on the list. A short while later, I put $1 grand down at another dealer, in the same state but a few hundred miles away, and was told I was #1 on its list. By October of last year, I still had not worked my way far enough up the list at the first dealer, and the second still had not gotten a single allocation. One day, I was on this site and saw a post from a fellow board member here saying there was an open allocation available at a dealer 2650 miles from my city. I called, found out I was the second to call, waited on the phone to learn whether the first guy would meet the dealer's terms (MSRP, but $7500 down immediately), and when he didn't, I snapped it up. Week 43 build. Build went fine but vessel broke down once it left Bremerhaven. Car was eventually offloaded to another vessel, arrived at dealer in early December. Dealer installed some parts I wanted, by which time it was Christmas. Trucker picked it up 2 days ago. I should get the car in 4 more days--over a year after money first went down.

Not a super pleasant process, but others have waited even longer, and the end is finally very near. Not planning on doing this particular exercise ever again. The M2 will have to do, as far as new, low-volume cars go. Too old for this shit anymore.

Last edited by BruceM; 01-13-2017 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
R0ME0518.50
      01-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #18
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Consider yourself fortunate, OP. Others may have done a bit better, but many have done much worse.

I put $5 grand down at my local dealer last January, and was told I was #20 on the list. A short while later, I put $1 grand down at another dealer, in the same state but a few hundred miles away, and was told I was #1 on its list. By October of last year, I still had not worked my way far enough up the list at the first dealer, and the second still had not gotten a single allocation. One day, I was on this site and saw a post from a fellow board member here saying there was an open allocation available at a dealer 2650 miles from my city. I called, found out I was the second to call, waited on the phone to learn whether the first guy would meet the dealer's terms (MSRP, but $7500 down immediately), and when he didn't, I snapped it up. Week 43 build. Build went fine but vessel broke down once it left Bremerhaven. Car was eventually offloaded to another vessel, arrived at dealer in early December. Dealer installed some parts I wanted, by which time it was Christmas. Trucker picked it up 2 days ago. I should get the car in 4 more days--over a year after money first went down.

Not a super pleasant process, but others have waited even longer, and the end is finally very near. Not planning on doing this particular exercise ever again. The M2 will have to do, as far as new, low-volume cars go. Too old for this shit anymore.
WOW! Now there is a man who wanted his M2! Nice job and congrats.
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      01-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep

I don't know how you guys wait. So annoyed. Based on lead from Jackie I called OCBMW of Manheim, NY. They had an available allocation for a Q1 build 111 status. Worked with the sales person this morning to configure the car. All he needed was to write up the PO for me to review and I could put my money down. He had to take someone for a test drive. By the time he gets back another sales person sold the car even though I told him to hold it. I want this car but not bad enough to put a deposit down without reviewing the purchase order (make sure it's msrp, dealer fee, any other add ons). Frustrated and kind of feel like saying f**k it to getting one. It's really my fault for not getting my deposit down faster. Ugh
Appreciate 0