BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Hold On M2 Production

01-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #23
TheBatM2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3C, Individual DBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post
Fyi my car just finished production yesterday (1/16) as scheduled.
Excellent News! Super excited for you ....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #24
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
To OP: talked to my sources and no word of a hold.

Sounds to me like your CA over-promised. Fear not though, already having a production number is a good start.
He's on vacation so I'll be calling BMW daily for updates

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #25
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

It's common for production to stop for a month or two before BMW starts production on a LCI variant. If your CA was expecting your production to start in May, it could be pushed to July. But look on the bright side, you'll then get a LCI MY18 instead of the last MY17 off the line.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #26
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
It's common for production to stop for a month or two before BMW starts production on a LCI variant. If your CA was expecting your production to start in May, it could be pushed to July. But look on the bright side, you'll then get a LCI MY18 instead of the last MY17 off the line.
It was supposed to be a March build for late April delivery. I don't want to wait until the end of the summer if I can avoid it.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #27
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
So now my salesman is saying possibly May or June for my car. This is all so confusing. I have a production number and was originally told March build and late April delivery. Now who determines when that production number gets a build date? Do the dealerships have anything to do with that? He also claims the car is in such high demand and they are having issues getting parts to build it. He'll find out from BMW in February about a date. Bullshit?

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:10 AM   #28
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
So now my salesman is saying possibly May or June for my car. This is all so confusing. I have a production number and was originally told March build and late April delivery. Now who determines when that production number gets a build date? Do the dealerships have anything to do with that? He also claims the car is in such high demand and they are having issues getting parts to build it. He'll find out from BMW in February about a date. Bullshit?
The dealer does not control the date. BMW assigns each production number a date themselves, dealers have zero control over any of this. All they can do is get the number and give it to you.

As for the delay, it seems to me like one of two things happened: 1) your CA misinterpreted the date and your car was scheduled for production in April, then May/June delivery makes sense. 2) they sold more cars than they had allocations and are now moving people around.

There is no hold or delays in M2 production.
Appreciate 3
D CHOI580.00
Kid Eh569.50
Chuck W.354.00
      01-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #29
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Crap, that sucks Kid Eh...I'm guessing mine may be delayed too if I even get one. No answer from my Sales Advisor yet, but she just got back from vacay.
Appreciate 1
Kid Eh569.50
      01-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #30
l17
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 on order!

Quote:
T+C BMW is incredibly optimistic about their expected delivery dates. I cancelled an m235i order w/ them that was pushed back 3mos & into the next MY. Jumped in line for an LCI m2 last month, SA is certain ill see it before december, Im expecting a late spring '18 delivery.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #31
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l17 View Post
Quote:
T+C BMW is incredibly optimistic about their expected delivery dates. I cancelled an m235i order w/ them that was pushed back 3mos & into the next MY. Jumped in line for an LCI m2 last month, SA is certain ill see it before december, Im expecting a late spring '18 delivery.
Maybe the fact that I have an actual production number has me feeling a little better. I guess it's out of his hands now. He says he'll have a clearer picture when BMW gives him updates in February. Not sure if that's just hot air.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #32
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I have my production number now too and my dates were supposed to be the same as yours at the same dealer.

I'll keep you updated when my salesperson sends me updates.

when did you put your deposit down?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #33
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
I have my production number now too and my dates were supposed to be the same as yours at the same dealer.

I'll keep you updated when my salesperson sends me updates.

when did you put your deposit down?
Couple months ago I think. He did say I was #2 and there was 9 people behind me. Again could be just talk.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #34
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Now he's saying probably June delivery. Still so confused how all this works. I know of people ordering later than others and getting their car first. Guess I have to hone my patience skills.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #35
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Now he's saying probably June delivery. Still so confused how all this works. I know of people ordering later than others and getting their car first. Guess I have to hone my patience skills.
It's all about allocations. Until one exists with your name on it, the delivery date is "sometime in the future". I would guess your dealer didn't get any additional M2 allocations in Feb, hence the "delay".
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #36
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
Quote:
It's all about allocations. Until one exists with your name on it, the delivery date is "sometime in the future". I would guess your dealer didn't get any additional M2 allocations in Feb, hence the "delay".
But one does exist with my name on it. I have a production number.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 07:24 AM   #37
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In the same boat Kid Eh....

Do you or anyone else know if I call in to BMW Genius with my Production number if they will be able to tell me the 'proposed' build/colour of my car?

If so, then maybe Kid Eh and myself will have more evidence that those production numbers are really ours.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #38
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:

Do you or anyone else know if I call in to BMW Genius with my Production number if they will be able to tell me the 'proposed' build/colour of my car?

If so, then maybe Kid Eh and myself will have more evidence that those production numbers are really ours.
Ummmm, have you and Kid Eh compared prod numbers to make sure you they didn't give you the same allocation? Just trying to raise some controversy!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #39
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:

I already called BMW Canada and they see my order with all my details. Just no build date yet. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. From doing some reading every dealer gets a bunch of allocations per year. Better selling dealerships get more. Then every month BMW will fill those allocations. Might be 1 one month and 3 the next month etc. Then this is where it's a little grey for me. Does the dealer then tell BMW which one of those production numbers gets that months allocation(s)?

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #40
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Ummmm, have you and Kid Eh compared prod numbers to make sure you they didn't give you the same allocation? Just trying to raise some controversy!
That's impossible.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #41
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I already called BMW Canada and they see my order with all my details. Just no build date yet. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. From doing some reading every dealer gets a bunch of allocations per year. Better selling dealerships get more. Then every month BMW will fill those allocations. Might be 1 one month and 3 the next month etc. Then this is where it's a little grey for me. Does the dealer then tell BMW which one of those production numbers gets that months allocation(s)?
No. BMW will tell the dealer what production week your number will get. The dealer really has almost no influence in this unless it's a big dealer and you're a high roller.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but it seems to me like your dealer was selling allocations without knowing the delivery dates and promising everyone the same date. Heck, he may even have sold you guys the same allocation and then moved people around - this happens more often than you'd think.

I wish good luck to you guys, but unfortunately only one of you two will actually get the car on the right timeframe.

Have you considered going to the dealer together and hashing it out?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #42
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
No. BMW will tell the dealer what production week your number will get. The dealer really has almost no influence in this unless it's a big dealer and you're a high roller.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but it seems to me like your dealer was selling allocations without knowing the delivery dates and promising everyone the same date. Heck, he may even have sold you guys the same allocation and then moved people around - this happens more often than you'd think.

I wish good luck to you guys, but unfortunately only one of you two will actually get the car on the right timeframe.

My salesman has been there for 25 years and is a total straight shooter. This will be my third or fourth car from him. He wouldn't intentionally dick me around.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #43
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My salesman has been there for 25 years and is a total straight shooter. This will be my third or fourth car from him. He wouldn't intentionally dick me around.
Oh I'm not saying he did it intentionally or maliciously, but sometimes they don't communicate this stuff amongst one another and situations like this can occur.
Appreciate 1
Kid Eh569.50
      02-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #44
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
The production week is tied to the allocation/production number as mentioned above. They appear to be producing everything on schedule if not a week early right now so the delay is really puzzling.
Appreciate 0