BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Service History Request

01-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
psuwtb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Service History Request

Hi guys,

I know this might be a long shot…I am ~100 miles from a dealer with a 2013 X5 with 31k miles. I have asked several times and tried escalating via e-mail / phone to the sales manager but have been unable to obtain the official BMW Service History. Since it’s a BMW dealer, I’m almost positive that they will provide once I stop in for a test drive, etc. but before I drive almost 2 hours one-way, I’d like to “do my homework.” I was able to get a copy of the AutoCheck and Carfax records but don’t have any maintenance records other than the annual inspection. I’ve gotten previous Service Histories directly from the BMW dealer prior to purchasing.

Any chance that someone could help me out with an electronic service history? Please respond here or send me a PM, and I would be happy to provide the VIN.

Thanks so much for any help that you can provide!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Seems like your best bet is to assume the worst, if they aren't giving it out. Assuming carfax rules out major collisions etc. If you'd still be interested even if it shows s/t wrong (i.e. no routine maintenance) then I'd go and use this as a bargaining point. Also, may want to be on the lookout for things kept off Carfax - I've heard it isn't uncommon for people to do cheapo moonlighting bodywork to keep a carfax clean, so possible the dealership records would be incriminating for that (i.e. lots of body clips, small trim parts, but no bodywork).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
psuwtb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Looks as though everything happens for a reason...when I had inquired again this morning I was told that the vehicle had been sold.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

A much nicer explanation for why they didn't want to give you the info, if it was already about to be sold. Hate to think of official dealerships playing used-car-lot games.
Appreciate 0