BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocations for January/ Feb/ March for the US

01-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #67
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Oh wow, so if my dealer is telling me they are waiting on their January allocations I'm not going to be on a build until after March. They were telling me late March or April like build
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #68
Zoominrex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post
Oh wow, so if my dealer is telling me they are waiting on their January allocations I'm not going to be on a build until after March. They were telling me late March or April like build
I got my "December Allocation" last month and it was for an April (week 13) build date.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #69
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Correct. I had number one and my build date is early March.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #70
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
Newer isn't always better. And, I'm betting the value doesn't drop even if a "significantly" revised M2 happens. If it does, the price will increase accordingly which will stabilize the value of the initial offering. I can't imagine I'll be disappointed with my 2017. There will always be advances in technology but the current M2 won't be an 8-track tape player anytime soon!
I'm inclined to believe that will be the case. However, very late model year cars should get a discount. They are such a bargain now, even the first generation will hold value well.

The only thing I'm worried about is a chance the 2018 car will have led headlights. I don't care about taillights.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #71
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
I'm inclined to believe that will be the case. However, very late model year cars should get a discount. They are such a bargain now, even the first generation will hold value well.

The only thing I'm worried about is a chance the 2018 car will have led headlights. I don't care about taillights.
There won't be LED headlights, plus there not any brighter anyways than the Xenons. ODOT make all manufactures neuter LED headlights. They are just just whiter. Waste of $2k.
      01-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #72
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Sorry to change topic but don't want to create a new thread for this question. Anyone know when the aprl/may/June allocations will be distributed
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #73
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Quote:
Sorry to change topic but don't want to create a new thread for this question. Anyone know when the aprl/may/June allocations will be distributed
If history is any indication, should be around the 2nd week of March.
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #74
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Something to be aware about when on the waiting list is that dealerships across the country can trade allocations if there is a mutual agreement for their desired models. For example if a dealership had an open allocation for an M5 and your current dealership needs the M5 more than the M2, then they can trade away their open M2 allocation for the M5 to satisfy their current demands. This is exactly what happened to me as I noticed a new M2 in transit on the dealership website while I am #1 that should have been mine. But it still shows on their website even though another dealer orders it. That's just how the system works. Honestly I can respect that if my local dealership had a customer waiting for a different car longer than me. Just unfortunate they had to trade away an M2 allocation to get what they need. I don't know what car they trade it for but trading away an M2 allocation is pretty damn generous!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #75
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Looks to be a good bit of MSRP dealer cars to choose from around the US. Too bad the dealers always order them with autotragics.
"Autotragics" .... that's funny.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #76
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
So my salesman told me he had an allocation for a March build a couple of weeks ago so I took it. I asked him again today to confirm the build date and he said he doesn't know and we'll only know once we get a VIN for the car. All he says he has is an order number. I'm kinda confused. Why did he originally say it was a March build then? Anyone?

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #77
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
So my salesman told me he had an allocation for a March build a couple of weeks ago so I took it. I asked him again today to confirm the build date and he said he doesn't know and we'll only know once we get a VIN for the car. All he says he has is an order number. I'm kinda confused. Why did he originally say it was a March build then? Anyone?
Assuming you have the production number, then you can call BMW and ask for the scheduled production week.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #78
TheBatM2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3C, Individual DBB

Quote:
Did you receive an Order Build Sheet when you ordered the car? There should be a Production Number on it, and various other details. You can use it to track via MyBMW or by calling BMW Genius.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #79
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiamhere View Post
Quote:
Did you receive an Order Build Sheet when you ordered the car? There should be a Production Number on it, and various other details. You can use it to track via MyBMW or by calling BMW Genius.
Nope. All I got was a quote sheet.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 01:57 AM   #80
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
It's a march Allocation!! He told you what's up.

That's what you want. Hang on !! He can't build or enter an order until the first week of march but he knows the allocation is coming. Hence having an Order number.

Once he can enter the build then you can get a production number and a vin to track.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 06:16 AM   #81
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
It's a march Allocation!! He told you what's up.

That's what you want. Hang on !! He can't build or enter an order until the first week of march but he knows the allocation is coming. Hence having an Order number.

Once he can enter the build then you can get a production number and a vin to track.
Awesome!! Thank you.

Appreciate 0