BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 On order, C43 tested today.

01-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #23
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
WoW. Outstanding exterior, and interior is at a completely different level. My own buying criteria is probably too heavily weighted towards driving experience to consider it but I wouldn't fault anyone else for buying it.
Appreciate 1
G8rGrl568.50
      01-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #24
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
C43 is a nice looking coupe, performance bang for your buck is where I have problems with this car over the m2. If the base c63 came in at c43 pricing I would be all over that. I do plan on taking a c43 coupe out for a test drive in the near future.

OP, have you had the opportunity to test drive the M2 before ordering?
Yes i did, but last summer, i didn't have that long in it to be quite honest with you so i couldn't really try out the driving experience fully, i could understand what the car is capable of hence why i ordered it, i agree! about the c63 also i noticed just yesterday the C63 gets the wider arches whereas the C43 does not and that's relatively annoying, i was just blown away by the interior yesterday during the test drive, tbh i didnt want to get out, i asked him if its possible to just let me stay inside for the rest of the day
Appreciate 1
G8rGrl568.50
      01-21-2017, 05:18 AM   #25
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice to see an objective opinion here from OP and most forum members! I daily drive between a 435i and C43 Coupe so I know exactly the dilemma that was to be had after driving a competent BMW and then trying a C-class. OP really is right, the exhaust note with the amg performance exhaust is intoxicating and there really isn't much different from a driving engagement standpoint between the 435 and C43 in my opinion. Temperamentally, both cars feel as different as chalk and cheese. The C43 really is a wolf in sheep's clothing that I think 99% of BMW drivers would be shockingly impressed by. That being said, I know this is the M2 board. I was in the dilemma of getting an M2 or C43 Coupe and I went down the second route. Only reason being that I still have a 435 and I wanted to try something different from BMW. Once I'm ready to move on from the 435, the M2 very quickly becomes front runner again because it seems like the most fun car to drive on the road in recent memory.
Appreciate 1
G8rGrl568.50
      01-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #26
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yep. As I said before, the interior may be gorgeous but it drives like a marshmallow on caster wheels.
Haha! I loved that analogy. Coming from a Cayman, the weight difference of almost 800lbs would make me yell, "WTF!!," in the corners.

Oh well. The wife and I are going to look at the Jaguar F Pace today for our other daily driver. Guess I can't complain about the C43 in the corners after driving one of those. Nice looking SUV though.
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3689.00
      01-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #27
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
Still don't understand the stick on tablet look in all modern day cars.
OMFG....this!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #28
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

The interior may be more refined but the Merc's iDrive equivalent is the most unintuitive, difficult to use and frustrating piece of technology I've ever laid my hands on

I think even the technology on a Dacia Duster is more pleasent to use
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #29
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yep. As I said before, the interior may be gorgeous but it drives like a marshmallow on caster wheels.
Haha! I loved that analogy. Coming from a Cayman, the weight difference of almost 800lbs would make me yell, "WTF!!," in the corners.

Oh well. The wife and I are going to look at the Jaguar F Pace today for our other daily driver. Guess I can't complain about the C43 in the corners after driving one of those. Nice looking SUV though.
Check the Macan too. That and the Jag are the best options for that type of thing.
Appreciate 1
csbear1118.00
      01-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #30
SliChillax
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: Ex BMW owner, will return soon

Garage List
The interior does look better compared to a 4 series (apart from the ugly tacked on screen which ruins everything) but I disagree that it feels better. 4 Series with full leather option is one of the nicest interiors you can touch at that category. Meanwhile the Merc doesn't use full leather, the lower part of the dashboard is cheap plastics.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 06:23 AM   #31
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Check the Macan too. That and the Jag are the best options for that type of thing.
If I were in the market for these SUVs, I'd get the Macan.
http://www.autotrader.com/car-review...-better-255865
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-suvs-compared
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...che-Macan.html
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...can-gts-page-3
http://www.whatcar.com/news/jaguar-f...porsche-macan/
      01-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #32
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

The level of aftermarket tuning you can do with the CLA45 engine is just INSANE. Even without a new turbo you can add more than a hundred hp and ftlbs easily. My friend has one....it's amazing, sedan version.

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2

Last edited by Aronis; 01-23-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #33
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

A CLA45 or A45 is more comparable to the M2
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #34
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

The Macan is the better driver, but the F Pace has a little more room while still being a pretty good driver. We have two dogs, so found the little extra room in the Jag great. And the wifey is always thinking practical, but fun. So tough decision, but this being my wife's car mostly, she did like the Jag the most. Also the Macan S with the equivalent options is quite more than the F Pace Prestige. Almost $10K more... If we got the Jag, it would be a second year model. Don't think I could risk a first year production Jaguar/Land Rover product

I would LOVE a Macan GTS in Carmine Red, but it ain't happening.

As Top Gear said in the FPace vs Macan vs GLE vs SQ5 article, "...Plus its strong, light structure means it can give the agility and performance to the driver, but space for everyone else. So the Jaguar wins, but not for quite the reasons you might have been expecting these past three years."

I test drove both (plus the Q7 for the hell of it), this past weekend. All three ( FPace, Macan, and Q7) were really good for their intended purposes. Surprisingly, although boring to look at, the 2017 Q7 is a triumph for Audi. This could be one of the best SUVs on the market today... I went in with low expectations and came out impressed.

(Sorry for the off topic)

Last edited by csbear; 01-22-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #35
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

got sent an offer for the car which will have approx 4000km on the clock in april 1,549,990 Kc which is roughly 57,000 euros. i'd have it in a heartbeat but the moment i would go on a twisty road i know i would regret it! its a shame wish i could have both!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MB-nabídka,06-576-51172,demo.pdf (668.5 KB, 654 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #36
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
M2 is the better drive unless it's your only car and you live in heavy snow.

If going luxury there are better choices. I love the 2017 M2 with the newer I-drive. The interior is not as good but it's as far off as comparing my Porsche to the Benz. A tad better but not so extreme to make you buy one over the other.

Functionality over looks I'd say. Just play with the new I-drive and you'll fall in love. Push talk on steering wheel and say "nearby burger king" and all pops up with you option to select where. Take 3 seconds. Try that on the benz and you will be lucky to get it in 4 minutes. Finding your 1000 music on your drive takes two seconds with that button also. The only thing going for the benz is nicer stereo sound if optioned.

If snow area, need 4 doors, and need family type car get the Benz for the utility or get the M2!
Live in a very, snowy, icy area. Have two kids, m2 on the way
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #37
Mike_77
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo

Quote:
The Macan is the better driver, but the F Pace has a little more room while still being a pretty good driver. We have two dogs, so found the little extra room in the Jag great. And the wifey is always thinking practical, but fun. So tough decision, but this being my wife's car mostly, she did like the Jag the most. Also the Macan S with the equivalent options is quite more than the F Pace Prestige. Almost $10K more... If we got the Jag, it would be a second year model. Don't think I could risk a first year production Jaguar/Land Rover product

I would LOVE a Macan GTS in Carmine Red, but it ain't happening.

As Top Gear said in the FPace vs Macan vs GLE vs SQ5 article, "...Plus its strong, light structure means it can give the agility and performance to the driver, but space for everyone else. So the Jaguar wins, but not for quite the reasons you might have been expecting these past three years."

I test drove both (plus the Q7 for the hell of it), this past weekend. All three ( FPace, Macan, and Q7) were really good for their intended purposes. Surprisingly, although boring to look at, the 2017 Q7 is a triumph for Audi. This could be one of the best SUVs on the market today... I went in with low expectations and came out impressed.

(Sorry for the off topic)
Continuing with the off-topic. I was on the wait list for an M2, but found a deal on a Macan Turbo that was too good to pass up (now my daily driver). I would recommend the Macan over the Jag for reliability and resale value. I agree the Jag offers more room, but you can definitely find some sweet deals on a CPO Macan or even new Macans if you look around. There are quite a few posts on macanforum.com bragging about great deals even on the GTS.

A fellow Macan owner said to me yesterday that his Macan Turbo was the best car he had ever owned, and I agree with that sentiment.
Appreciate 1