BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2016 M2

11-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

2016 M2

I am thinking of picking up a 2016 M2. From what I can tell it has the executive package and MT. I don't believe it has M package etc. Wondering what I am missing with those options? Also wondering if there any substantial changes in the 2017 and newer M2 versions?

Also, would this be a good move? I had a C63 AMG and enjoyed it, switched to a E92 M3 Dinan and only kept that for 9 months and got a E70 X5M. Since the first day miss the sports car feeling and thought M2 might be a good option? Pretty confusing, don't want to get rid of X5M and get the M2 if I am going to be regretting the decision.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 SO - M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
I am thinking of picking up a 2016 M2. From what I can tell it has the executive package and MT. I don't believe it has M package etc. Wondering what I am missing with those options? Also wondering if there any substantial changes in the 2017 and newer M2 versions?

Also, would this be a good move? I had a C63 AMG and enjoyed it, switched to a E92 M3 Dinan and only kept that for 9 months and got a E70 X5M. Since the first day miss the sports car feeling and thought M2 might be a good option? Pretty confusing, don't want to get rid of X5M and get the M2 if I am going to be regretting the decision.

Cheers
Tough decisions but the M2 is an awesome car. I enjoy it every time I drive it. I also have a DD pathfinder. Best of both worlds.

As for the packages there is only two I am aware of: DCT and executive.

The exec pkg has; heated steering wheel, rear view camera, rear park distance control, automatic high beams, active driving assistant and speed limit

The DCt speaks for its self. The rest comes standard for US models not sure about others.

Good luck with the decisions.. it's a hard first world problem but don't think either is bad to have
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 02:06 AM   #3
TucErDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 ans m2

Quote:

Cheers
There is no "M Package". Only options are Transmission type and exec pkg and color
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 02:47 AM   #4
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

I think he means the M Drivers Package. That's just a voucher for a track day with instructors and 270 km/h max speed instead of the normal 250 km/h.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:23 AM   #5
Caper-1
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Talking

Quote:

Cheers
Executive package & MT were standard equipment on the MY2016 in Canada, options were smartphone connectivity and choice of paint aside from Alpine white. MY2017 had a base price hike of $2000.00 and an upgrade of infotainment system. Optional equipment included available sunroof and performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 06:19 AM   #6
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:

Cheers
The M2 in Canada comes fully loaded. Only major options are transmission and color. The rest:

MY16 options: telephony package (allows 2 cells at once)

MY17 options: apple carplay, sunroof, MPE from factory
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #7
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

So seems like this one is fairly loaded for a 2016 version then.

It's Long Beach Blue colour, MT and executive package. Has the phone options, reverse camera etc. So I guess 16 version won't be bad even though the price they are asking for is a couple thousand more than a brand new 17 one at a different dealership.

I guess I just need to figure out if it is a swap I want to do at this time and get rid of the x5m for one. Thanks for your input guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #8
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So seems like this one is fairly loaded for a 2016 version then.

It's Long Beach Blue colour, MT and executive package. Has the phone options, reverse camera etc. So I guess 16 version won't be bad even though the price they are asking for is a couple thousand more than a brand new 17 one at a different dealership.

I guess I just need to figure out if it is a swap I want to do at this time and get rid of the x5m for one. Thanks for your input guys.
Just to confirm: if they are listing the car as having the Exec Package then the car is IMPORTED. No such description exists for the Canadian car.

Double check this so you don't get screwed out of the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #9
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Just to confirm: if they are listing the car as having the Exec Package then the car is IMPORTED. No such description exists for the Canadian car.

This is the vehicle here;

http://www.bavariabmw.ca/inventory/u...lberta/7005396

It doesn't advertise executive package I just deduced that since it mentioned a rear view camera and that was supposed to be part of executive package. I guess not the case in Canada.

Doesn't the price seem a little too high? I saw a brand new 2017 at a different dealership listed for $2-3K less.

Plus I am still not sure if I want to go ahead with it....can't seem to make up my mind.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #10
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is the vehicle here;

http://www.bavariabmw.ca/inventory/u...lberta/7005396

It doesn't advertise executive package I just deduced that since it mentioned a rear view camera and that was supposed to be part of executive package. I guess not the case in Canada.

Doesn't the price seem a little too high? I saw a brand new 2017 at a different dealership listed for $2-3K less.

Plus I am still not sure if I want to go ahead with it....can't seem to make up my mind.
Probably has some sort of (expensive) mark up. But honestly, given availability in Canada, it's not an unfair price.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Probably has some sort of (expensive) mark up. But honestly, given availability in Canada, it's not an unfair price.
Ya silly mark up.

Issue is that this dealership is the only one that'll give me an acceptable trade in value for my X5M the other one won't. Otherwise, cheaper 2017 would be a no brainer.

Of course, that is all if I do decide to go ahead with to begin with lol...so damn confused.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

Cheers
Here is the M performance pack you may be reffering to, might be USA only:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/08/30/bm...ariety-models/

For the M models packages vary as well. The M2 can be decked with black kidney grilles, a carbon fiber rear spoiler, M Performance exhaust with carbon fiber tips and decals for the side sills, all for $5,100 saving you $600. For the M3 and M4 Coupe you’ll get carbon fiber front splitters with a polyurethane front lip as well as a carbon fiber rear spoiler, M Performance exhaust with carbon fiber tips and the usual decals, all for $7,860. On the M4 Convertible, the rear spoiler is replaced by carbon fiber side mirrors with the price going up to $8,100.