BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > The AGA Tools Jack Rod, Now This is a Cool Tool for Your Floor Jack

02-23-2022, 11:49 PM   #1
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
The AGA Tools Jack Rod, Now This is a Cool Tool for Your Floor Jack

A member in a local car group turned me onto the AGA Tools Jack Rod a couple weeks ago, and I immediately knew I wanted to get one for the convenience it added to securing my floor jack.

When I'm at the track or just want to do something under one side of the car quickly at home I typically just jack up one side of the car using my floor jack, and place a jack stand under the other side jack point that my jack isn't under in order to swap wheels/brake pads/ect. With the AGA Jack Rod, I can simply pop it into place on my floor jack, and have no more need to place an additional jack stand under the car making things faster and more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Index
0:00 Intro
0:13 Why we use jack stands
0:48 How the Jack Rod works
1:50 Floor jack compatibility
4:50 Making the top cup more narrow
5:49 Jack rod disassembly and inspection
13:03 Jack rod use with car
14:23 Conclusion

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 3
toned44.00
F87source7251.50
tux2005234.00
      02-24-2022, 12:30 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Really neat tool! Kind of expensive for what it is, but really neat! I do wish it had more height adjustment range though.
      02-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #3
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

That looks interesting. I use my QuickJack, I'm fairly trusting of the locking mechanism on those but will occasionally use jack stands too if I'll be spending time actually under the vehicle while raised.

This price looks perhaps slightly better than that other jack stand option which I've seen recommended a bunch of times with the jack-pad type thing which then has legs you can slide in after lifting the car to put a jack stand under the same point as you used to lift the car. I liked that concept too but think it was also $200+ which just seems extreme when I'd rather just go with using a traditional jack stand for the money savings. The extra convenience seems difficult to justify the extra expense, this at least looks more reasonable.
Appreciate 0