BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Anything off with this service record?

01-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
MonkeyM1nd
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Anything off with this service record?

Brand new here after closing on a 2017 M2 with around 25,000 km, taking delivery tomorrow (pretty excited). Leaning on the community here, anything to look out for or ask about tomorrow in this service record the dealership provided?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:02 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I would ask for the print out because that way you can see the part numbers of all the fluids used etc. Because in the past I have seen some American dealerships use the wrong diff fluid for the m2 which is a really bad thing.

But either way that wouldn't matter because the car already has 25k km on it, so even if it had the wrong diff oil it would be too late. Also you should be changing all the fluids and consumables in the car the day you get it so you can start fresh, that way it wouldn't really matter anyways.

Congratulations on your purchase I hope you enjoy the car.
      01-25-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I would ask for the print out because that way you can see the part numbers of all the fluids used etc. Because in the past I have seen some American dealerships use the wrong diff fluid for the m2 which is a really bad thing.

But either way that wouldn't matter because the car already has 25k km on it, so even if it had the wrong diff oil it would be too late. Also you should be changing all the fluids and consumables in the car the day you get it so you can start fresh, that way it wouldn't really matter anyways.

Congratulations on your purchase I hope you enjoy the car.
Agree with changing all fluids right away. I do this on any used car purchase regardless of service history.
Appreciate 0