BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 4 Weeks and counting...

07-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Zigarum
Private
Rep
Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3

Smile 4 Weeks and counting...

The dealer confirmed today that my black M2 is coming in 4 weeks. I ordered it back in January after deciding to stick it out and wait rather than getting something like a TT. I had a 2011 Z4 that I loved but this will be a whole new level of fun.

I've ordered the manual, HK Sound package and the sunroof. Seems that most people are against the sunroof but I fancied a bit more light and fresh air in the cabin. Plus the sound of the engine should be that little bit louder :-)

I've ordered the black front and side grills already and will replace the air filter to the K&N that I've read improves things a little. No MP Exhaust just yet, see how I get on with the stock pipe.

Looking to get the car covered in film, more than likely just the bumpers and around the edges. I found this cool video demonstrating the process if you're interested:

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVH5ez_FHTc#action=share[/u2b]

Also here's the self healing in action

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06mkj2yVm7k[/u2b]

Super excited to take the car out around Switzerland. I'm based in Zurich and the mountains are perfect for this car. Will need to get through the break-in period ASAP and open her up. Will plan a road trip to the Dolomites later in the year (Before the snow) and post some pic's and video's.

So glad the wait is almost over...
Appreciate 2
qnet681.50
      07-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Which K&N filter do you plan on using? Been pondering whether or not to change it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Zigarum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Which K&N filter do you plan on using? Been pondering whether or not to change it out.
Hey. This is the one I was pointed towards:

K&N 33-2997 Air Filter

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=33-2997
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum
The dealer confirmed today that my black M2 is coming in 4 weeks. I ordered it back in January after deciding to stick it out and wait rather than getting something like a TT. I had a 2011 Z4 that I loved but this will be a whole new level of fun.

I've ordered the manual, HK Sound package and the sunroof. Seems that most people are against the sunroof but I fancied a bit more light and fresh air in the cabin. Plus the sound of the engine should be that little bit louder :-)

I've ordered the black front and side grills already and will replace the air filter to the K&N that I've read improves things a little. No MP Exhaust just yet, see how I get on with the stock pipe.

Looking to get the car covered in film, more than likely just the bumpers and around the edges. I found this cool video demonstrating the process if you're interested:

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVH5ez_FHTc#action=share[/u2b]

Also here's the self healing in action

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06mkj2yVm7k[/u2b]

Super excited to take the car out around Switzerland. I'm based in Zurich and the mountains are perfect for this car. Will need to get through the break-in period ASAP and open her up. Will plan a road trip to the Dolomites later in the year (Before the snow) and post some pic's and video's.

So glad the wait is almost over...
Congrats

The sunroof option seems to be more popular than you think...

How long would you say it took from the day put your order into production until expected delivery?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
Zigarum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk09 View Post
Congrats

The sunroof option seems to be more popular than you think...

How long would you say it took from the day put your order into production until expected delivery?
I ordered it January 23rd and today the dealer is saying I should expect delivery towards the end of August. Around 7 months. I asked the dealer for the production number but it seems he either didn't understand what I was asking for or it's not typical information given to customers here. Either way it should be here in 4-5 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
I ordered it January 23rd and today the dealer is saying I should expect delivery towards the end of August. Around 7 months. I asked the dealer for the production number but it seems he either didn't understand what I was asking for or it's not typical information given to customers here. Either way it should be here in 4-5 weeks.
If it's getting there in 4-5 weeks you should already have a VIN...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #7
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

Congratulations Zigarum!!!! Happy for you?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #8
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Congrats. If the moonroof was an option in the US I would have gotten it.

I bet the black looks great. It seems most of the BMWs you see on the road here are black but, oddly, it is the one color that you see mentioned the least on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 04:13 AM   #9
Zigarum
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Congrats. If the moonroof was an option in the US I would have gotten it.

I bet the black looks great. It seems most of the BMWs you see on the road here are black but, oddly, it is the one color that you see mentioned the least on these forums.
I've not seen a photo of a black M2 with sunroof yet. I'll upload some on here and to my Instagram when it arrives.
Appreciate 0