BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

07-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #353
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Try giving SouthernBM a call in Vic, they are usually at the front of the curve with BM factory and non factory mods.
Yes been in contact with them ,they can supply but more expensive then my M2 dealer,but BMW Australia with not supply without ADR compliance.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #354
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

So i got my welcome pack today which included my 'Invitation to a Bmw driving experience' valued at $1395. However the 3 tracks listed are all over East, how is this any good for us over in WA? I can't see Bmw covering our flights and accommodation..what a bummer.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #355
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
So i got my welcome pack today which included my 'Invitation to a Bmw driving experience' valued at $1395. However the 3 tracks listed are all over East, how is this any good for us over in WA? I can't see Bmw covering our flights and accommodation..what a bummer.
I got mine too in the mail yesterday.

Come over and do Philip island with me

Flights are cheap.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #356
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab_R View Post
I got mine too in the mail yesterday.

Come over and do Philip island with me

Flights are cheap.
I may just do that.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #357
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I may just do that.
Let me know what day you chose

I'll pick you up from the airport.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #358
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Let me know what day you chose

I'll pick you up from the airport.
I called the BMW driving experience booking line, although not listed they have a course here at Barbagallo Raceway later in the year so am booked in for that.

Last edited by Prodigy.; 07-15-2016 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2016, 01:42 AM   #359
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Back in the day we did a Phillip Island M track day with about 10 1M owners off this forum. Owners came fro Darwin, Bris, Syd and Canberra as well as Melb of course. Was a great day, recommend someone to set up / organise maybe?

I don't own an M car at the moment, besides have done a couple of these events already.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #360
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Back in the day we did a Phillip Island M track day with about 10 1M owners off this forum. Owners came fro Darwin, Bris, Syd and Canberra as well as Melb of course. Was a great day, recommend someone to set up / organise maybe?

I don't own an M car at the moment, besides have done a couple of these events already.
That was a great day, I'd definitely be looking to do the M day and not the intro level course.
My car should arrive soon, by the time I get my voucher it'll be a summer track day at Philip Island.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #361
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I called the BMW driving experience booking line, although not listed they have a course here at Barbagallo Raceway later in the year so am booked in for that.
That's great. Better than travelling across the other side of the country.
But PI is an amazing track...you must drive it one day!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #362
vaultdweller16
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 AW

Took delivery of my M2 on Monday - wowee this car has exceeded my expectations just about in every way.

I was wondering if anyone can advise on the best paint protection products? Heard a lot of good things about Opticoat, also been looking at the new car detailing service by Final Inspection and they use a product called Full Metal Jacket. I've heard those guys are the best in Melbs.

To be honest i have no idea about what i should be doing to the car protection wise, so if anyone can shed any wisdom here that would be much appreciated

Thanks lads
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #363
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultdweller16 View Post
Took delivery of my M2 on Monday - wowee this car has exceeded my expectations just about in every way.

I was wondering if anyone can advise on the best paint protection products? Heard a lot of good things about Opticoat, also been looking at the new car detailing service by Final Inspection and they use a product called Full Metal Jacket. I've heard those guys are the best in Melbs.

To be honest i have no idea about what i should be doing to the car protection wise, so if anyone can shed any wisdom here that would be much appreciated

Thanks lads
Congrats on the M2.

Try out Dan's Garage in Surrey Hills or Mr Detail in Moorabin.

Mr Detail did my S3 late last year and the results were outstanding.
Gyeon Ceramic Protection.

This time round (its there at the moment) im using Dan's Garage for
Opti-Coat.

Heard nothing but great reports on Dan's Garage...Looking forward to getting it back Friday
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 03:40 AM   #364
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Congrats on the M2.

Try out Dan's Garage in Surrey Hills or Mr Detail in Moorabin.

Mr Detail did my S3 late last year and the results were outstanding.
Gyeon Ceramic Protection.

This time round (its there at the moment) im using Dan's Garage for
Opti-Coat.

Heard nothing but great reports on Dan's Garage...Looking forward to getting it back Friday
Can provide comment on the 'Gyeon Ceramic Protection' product - I had my wife's new black Range Rover Sport done and the result was also outstanding. The finish of the car looked about 50% better. Will be doing the same for my M2.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:30 AM   #365
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
I've used Final Inspection before. They detailed my 135i when I first got it. It was brand new however being black I could see a lot of swirl marks on the paint. Final Inspection did a great job getting the swirls out. I didn't get any professional paint protect. I used Zaino products to protect the paint . Did it myself and the paint still looks great after 8 years.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #366
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Thanks lads
Like Fab_R i have had Opti-coat applied to mine, was impressed with it on my previous car so was an easy choice for me on the M2.
I've also had Paint protection film applied to the front bumper to protect against stone chips.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #367
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy.
Like Fab_R i have had Opti-coat applied to mine, was impressed with it on my previous car so was an easy choice for me on the M2.
I've also had Paint protection film applied to the front bumper to protect against stone chips.
Every time I hear about Opti-coat, I'm reminded of the movie "The Jerk." Sorry to interrupt, carry on.
Attached Images

07-23-2016, 04:00 AM   #368
Dave-A
Serial Car Buyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 1 Series M and E90 M3

Big day today- spotted a LBB on a test drive this morning, followed by an AW parked around the corner from home. Not feeling particularly special anymore!

Past: '16 F87 M2, '09 987 Cayman, '08 B7 RS4 Avant, '08 E92 M3, '01 B5 RS4 Avant, '05 987 Boxster S, '03 E46 M3, '04 Evo 8MR, and '01 8L S3.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 04:11 AM   #369
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-A View Post
Big day today- spotted a LBB on a test drive this morning, followed by an AW parked around the corner from home. Not feeling particularly special anymore!
Found out the other day one of my neighbours has ordered an M2, same colour as mine.
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #370
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:

Thanks lads
Seeing as yer in Stroilyer yerl be needin' sumthin' wots effective against floyz, wallabies an' crocs mite. It 'ad better be good fair dinkum
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 06:03 AM   #371
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Seeing as yer in Stroilyer yerl be needin' sumthin' wots effective against floyz, wallabies an' crocs mite. It 'ad better be good fair dinkum
Yes you are correct we need good protection on our cars here in Aus.

The Kangaroos are big and hard. The crocks are also tough and love to eat cars besides people.

But worst of all, you should see our Elephant Beetles!!!!

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #372
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey View Post
Yes you are correct we need good protection on our cars here in Aus.

The Kangaroos are big and hard. The crocks are also tough and love to eat cars besides people.

But worst of all, you should see our Elephant Beetles!!!!

A lovely place Australia (I once hitch-hiked from Brisbane to Cairns and loved it). But you certainly have some nasty man-eating beasties there. And as for the Australian accent, it's absolutely hilarious ! In the best possible way, that is.
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #373
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
A lovely place Australia (I once hitch-hiked from Brisbane to Cairns and loved it). But you certainly have some nasty man-eating beasties there. And as for the Australian accent, it's absolutely hilarious ! In the best possible way, that is.
My sister went to the states and they laughed at her accent over there.
Judging by your photo you would not had any trouble hitching a ride while here.
Must of found it hot after coming from the French Alps.
Has your M2 arrived?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #374
andylena
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

Thanks lads
I went with a product called modesta, considered the best paint protection in the world, its coat is about 3 times thicker than opticoat. You also have to be a certified installer as modesta does not supply there product to anyone. I went with a place called bon vivant as they were the only certified installers in melbourne. The bloke there has recently just applied the same product to a mclaren 570s. Look them up face book, my car should be up soon as well.
Can find other installers in other states here

http://modesta.co/installers.html
Appreciate 0