07-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

M2 pre delivery

Hey everyone,

I'm sure I'm like almost everyone when it comes to allowing the dealerships to wash your car while in for service.We DON'T!

My question is,how are we all doing with the dealership washing and detailing your brand new car for pickup???
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Mine is getting fully detailed and coated at the dealer. I've had my old Z4MC detailed there many times and no swirl issues.

Now, one thing I will note is that I only let one guy there touch my car for that type stuff, and if/when he ever leaves, I will follow him.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Mine is getting fully detailed and coated at the dealer. I've had my old Z4MC detailed there many times and no swirl issues.

Now, one thing I will note is that I only let one guy there touch my car for that type stuff, and if/when he ever leaves, I will follow him.
What coating and pm me the price you rec'd please. My My2017 comes in October so I will get it coated immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Okay, flaunting my noobie ignorance here. What swirling issues do I need to be worried about. Had the wife's X6 detailed a couple of times at the dealer and haven't noticed any problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Okay, flaunting my noobie ignorance here. What swirling issues do I need to be worried about. Had the wife's X6 detailed a couple of times at the dealer and haven't noticed any problems.
It's hit or miss when you get your car washed at the dealer. They wash so many cars during the day and probably use the same crappy towels over and over, not worth it IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I am pretty OCD on washing cars but I am not too worried about a single wash. I will be putting tracwrap on the front before I take it off the lot so it needs to be clean. I will be taking my car home and then doing new car prep to include a polish (even bought some new equipment) then will put tracwrap back on and bring it up to Scottsdale for Protective Film Solutions to do their magic on the front bumper, headlights, mirrors and full hood as well as tint all the way around. I will then take it home , clean it again and then put a nano ceramic coating on the pain and wheels. If my car gets a light swirl at the dealer or before they are easy enough to remove but I won't breath easy until I have Xpel on the front of my baby. BTW I plan on doing a detailed DIY new car prep thread over in the cosmetic section for those who are interested. I am not a pro but do a fair amount of detailing and a ton of reading on products, methods and techniques that anyone can do with the proper products and buffers.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan
I am pretty OCD on washing cars but I am not too worried about a single wash. I will be putting tracwrap on the front before I take it off the lot so it needs to be clean. I will be taking my car home and then doing new car prep to include a polish (even bought some new equipment) then will put tracwrap back on and bring it up to Scottsdale for Protective Film Solutions to do their magic on the front bumper, headlights, mirrors and full hood as well as tint all the way around. I will then take it home , clean it again and then put a nano ceramic coating on the pain and wheels. If my car gets a light swirl at the dealer or before they are easy enough to remove but I won't breath easy until I have Xpel on the front of my baby. BTW I plan on doing a detailed DIY new car prep thread over in the cosmetic section for those who are interested. I am not a pro but do a fair amount of detailing and a ton of reading on products, methods and techniques that anyone can do with the proper products and buffers.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 11:40 PM   #8
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
BTW I plan on doing a detailed DIY new car prep thread over in the cosmetic section for those who are interested. I am not a pro but do a fair amount of detailing and a ton of reading on products, methods and techniques that anyone can do with the proper products and buffers.
Nice, looking forward to this. Always looking for new methods or products to try
Appreciate 0