BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > homelink, UDGO, garage door opener

12-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

homelink, UDGO, garage door opener

Has anyone had any trouble with the homelink or programing the buttons under your mirror?

I have followed the instructions, hit the learn button on my garage door about 5 times, each time resetting the codes in the car by holding down button 1 and 3 for 20 seconds.

I then hold the button 1 down for 3 seconds about 2-3 times, never works.

My 18 bmw had the gauge cluster stop order, anyone else having problems

Just picked up car 12/14/17
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

What is in the manual works..... you sync the remote to the button first then you sync the head unit if it has a rolling code. You need to delete previous memory like the manual states
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
What is in the manual works..... you sync the remote to the button first then you sync the head unit if it has a rolling code. You need to delete previous memory like the manual states
I have done that at least 5 times, I even could re-program a remote that came with the garage door but not the m2

Had many bmw's, this is the only one I cannot get to work
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

UDGO FYI

FYI

Talked to SA, buyers of differrent models are having a problem with UDGO. He said he had went to several homes, all having a problem with sycing the garage door with the 3 buttons under your mirror. He said he went to 1 home, he never got it to work.

Some having new Garage Door openers, I should have asked what type they were and what year cars it effects.

He told me to call homelink and ask them to walk me thru the steps.

Best advice so far, I thought I had every permutation but must not have. Only had the M2 for 5 days now.

Hope this helps if your having problems with garage door opener.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Found solution for liftmaster securty +

Finally got my UDGO to work, it was exactly as my SA described. It is a combination of both methods in the manual.

Once I cleared what was stored by holding buttons 1 & 3 in the car for 20+ seconds, then
  • Used remote for garage door and at the same time held both buttons until the door was fully opened
  • Next hit the learn button on the garage door headunit, jumped in car and could hear the click on the door opener.
Now my unit works fine, below is also a reference I found on bimmerfest, same thing was happening in 2015. I had never experienced this problem but have not bought a new car in a while either

FYI, my garage door was installed in 2004, its a
Liftmaster Professional
Model 976LMC Security +

Hope this helps

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=834658
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #6
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Like I said...the manual states this if you have a rolling code type opener which most do anymore. Glad you got it to work

Now if someone could come up with a way to program our entrance gae=te to one of the other buttons that would be genius
Appreciate 0