BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Has Kim Jong Un traveled outside of North Korea?

12-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Has Kim Jong Un traveled outside of North Korea?

Just wondering if he has ever ventured outside of the hermit kingdom, or is he forever in prizoned inside his own country? Has he traveled to China? Perhaps maybe in secret or is this seen as too risky?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Didn't he take a train trip to China a few years ago ?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

'News' reports that he had his top aide killed this morning. He likes it where he is. Can't just kill everywhere.
      12-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Learn something. He was educated in Switzerland. He’s crazy but not stupid.
Appreciate 5
xQx902.50
Robin_NL8679.50
Taskmaster2463.00
MKSixer34171.50
      12-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

I meant in recent times not before he became dictator. I'm amazed the swiss allowed the son of a communist facist to be educated in their country so they can learn all about nuclear weapons. Of course they probably didn't know who he was at the time, there's plenty of NK spies learning all about weapons systems in the world's top universities.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

It must be the case that he speaks fluent english.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Excellent question. I'd wholeheartedly suggest you get a quora account and submit it there, it's of the same quality as most of the submissions that make my daily feed.

To answer your question, let me cut and paste a vast selection of text from the little-known repository of elusive, niche information such as this (aka. Wikipedia):

Early life

The Liebefeld-Steinhölzli public school in Köniz, Switzerland, which Kim Jong-un is reported to have attended.
Scarce information on Kim Jong-un's early life comes from North Korean defectors and people who have claimed to witness him abroad, such as during his school attendance in Switzerland. Some of the information has been conflicting and contradictory, perhaps confusing him with his brother, Kim Jong-chul, who also attended school in Switzerland around the same time. Nevertheless, there has been some consensus on information about his early life. North Korean authorities have stated that his birthdate is 8 January 1982, but South Korean intelligence officials believe the actual date is a year later. Former basketball star Dennis Rodman said that the birthdate is 8 January 1983 after meeting Kim in September 2013 in North Korea.[2] Kim Jong-Un was the second of three children Ko Yong-hui bore to Kim Jong-il; his elder brother Kim Jong-chul was born in 1981, while his younger sister, Kim Yo-jong, is believed to have been born in 1987.[17][18]

According to reports first published in Japanese newspapers, he went to school in Switzerland near Bern. First reports claimed he attended the private English-language International School in Gümligen under the name "Chol-pak" or "Pak-chol" from 1993 to 1998.[19] He was described as shy, a good student who got along well with his classmates and was a basketball fan.[20] He was chaperoned by an older student, who was thought to be his bodyguard.[21]

Later, it was reported that Kim Jong-un attended the Liebefeld Steinhölzli school in Köniz near Bern under the name "Pak-un" or "Un-pak" from 1998 until 2000 as the son of an employee of the North Korean embassy in Bern. Authorities of Köniz confirmed that a student from North Korea, registered as the son of a member of the embassy, attended the school from August 1998 until the autumn of 2000, but were unable to give details about his identity. Pak-un first attended a special class for foreign-language children and later attended the regular classes of the 6th, 7th, 8th, and part of the final 9th year, leaving the school abruptly in the autumn of 2000. He was described as a well-integrated and ambitious student who liked to play basketball.[22] However, his grades and attendance rating are reported to have been poor.[23] The ambassador of North Korea in Switzerland, Ri Chol, had a close relationship with him and acted as a mentor.[24] One of Pak-un's classmates told reporters that he had told him that he was the son of the leader of North Korea.[25][26] According to some reports, Jong-un was described by classmates as a shy child who was awkward with girls and indifferent to political issues, but who distinguished himself in sports and had a fascination with the American National Basketball Association and Michael Jordan. One friend claimed that he had been shown pictures of Pak-un with Kobe Bryant and Toni Kukoč.[27]

In April 2012, new documents came to light indicating that Kim Jong-un had lived in Switzerland since 1991 or 1992, earlier than previously thought.[28]

The Laboratory of Anatomic Anthropology at the University of Lyon, France, after comparing the picture of the boy Pak-un taken at the Liebefeld Steinhölzli school in 1999 with a picture of Kim Jong-un from 2012 came to the conclusion that the two faces show a conformity of 95%. The head of the institute, Raoul Perrot, a forensic anthropologist, considers it most likely that the two pictures show the same person.[29]

It is believed that the student at the Gümligen International School may not have been Kim Jong-un, but his elder brother Kim Jong-chul. It is not known whether the student known as Pak-un in Liebefeld Steinhölzli lived in Switzerland prior to 1998.[30] All the children of Kim Jong-il are said to have lived in Switzerland, as well as the mother of the two youngest sons, who lived in Geneva for some time.[24]

Most analysts agree that Kim Jong-un attended Kim Il-sung University, a leading officer-training school in Pyongyang, from 2002 to 2007.[31]

For many years, only one confirmed photograph of him was known to exist outside North Korea, apparently taken in the mid-1990s, when he was eleven.[32] Occasionally other supposed images of him surfaced but were often disputed.[33] It was only in June 2010, shortly before he was given official posts and publicly introduced to the North Korean people, that more pictures were released of Kim, taken when he was attending school in Switzerland.[34] The first official image of him as an adult was a group photograph released on 30 September 2010, at the end of the party conference that effectively anointed him, in which he is seated in the front row, two places from his father. This was followed by newsreel footage of him attending the conference.[35]

In 2013, Kim Jong-un was awarded an honorary doctorate in Economics by HELP University, a private Malaysian university.[36]
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:53 PM   #8
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

The fat boy is bat shit crazy !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

His father was one of the top customers of Hennessy too LOLOL

Around 720k per year.
      12-15-2017, 02:07 AM   #10
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I suppose he has more than one double for stand-in, maybe some keen government would kill him at sight otherwise to keep the peace

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 07:54 AM   #11
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Yes, he studied in college outside of Korea.
Appreciate 0