BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Rust Protection Before Ppf???

10-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Rust Protection Before Ppf???

Hi all,

I have week 44 scheduled production of my car and it will be hitting my location (Toronto, Canada) mid-December.

As it is coming on a cold winter time, I already have put a deposit for sets of winter tires on stock 437M wheels.

Due to the nature of Toronto snow removal and salt on the road (my M2 will be pretty much daily at winter as my wife will be using another vehicle), I am planning to get the undercarriage rust coating protection before the application of Xpel PPF.

Did anyone have done undercarriage coating? (when I visit some service provider website, they seem to have package that they apply rust proofing at areas such;

Hood, strut towers, firewall, all seams, trunk lid, tail light assembly, rear bumper support, quater panels and rear fender, wheel arches and liners, rocker panels, doors inlcuding pilars, etc...

Website: http://www.wash-mycar.ca/rustproof/?...AqAaAlUD8P8HAQ

Wondering if these coatings actually do work and worth paying having it done before PPF application.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
Perp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MT

I've read BMW come undercoated from the factory. I was going to get mine undercoated and read BMW have it from factory for awhile now... Not sure if this is valid for M2s?
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perp View Post
I've read BMW come undercoated from the factory. I was going to get mine undercoated and read BMW have it from factory for awhile now... Not sure if this is valid for M2s?
If BMW does it for all general cars under their production, M2 should not be exception. If they do come in coasted undercarriage production, still not sure if that will be enough for the weather in Toronto, Canada... haha.
Appreciate 0