BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Lost iPhone audio and can't load Spotify

11-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
Loupeitak
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d and BMW M2 next month

Lost iPhone audio and can't load Spotify

Hey there!

I picked up my M2 last week and have been exploring the different options and whatnot. I've been listening to Spotify effortlessly, but recently I can't seem to load up the option anymore.

I used to be able to press the Media button and pick between FM, AM, Bluetooth, Spotify. But one day, out of the blue, I don't have the BT and Spotify options anymore even though my iPhone is connected and I can make calls.
When checking the Phone connection menu, I can see my phone, Telephone and BT boxes are both checked, but the Apps one isn't. I've tried to enable it, but it just stays stuck at the "Connecting to apps, please turn them on" message. I've loaded up Spotify, loaded up BMW Connect, tried re-pairing the phone, but nothing has worked so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 05:25 AM   #2
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupeitak View Post
Hey there!

I picked up my M2 last week and have been exploring the different options and whatnot. I've been listening to Spotify effortlessly, but recently I can't seem to load up the option anymore.

I used to be able to press the Media button and pick between FM, AM, Bluetooth, Spotify. But one day, out of the blue, I don't have the BT and Spotify options anymore even though my iPhone is connected and I can make calls.
When checking the Phone connection menu, I can see my phone, Telephone and BT boxes are both checked, but the Apps one isn't. I've tried to enable it, but it just stays stuck at the "Connecting to apps, please turn them on" message. I've loaded up Spotify, loaded up BMW Connect, tried re-pairing the phone, but nothing has worked so far.
Do a hard restart on the phone and kill all the apps. It's a pretty finicky system. I'd say mine does the same thing maybe 20% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupeitak View Post
Hey there!

Are you sure the wifi on your phone is enabled? sometimes this is the case for me - i toggle wifi off and then forget to turn it back on.
Appreciate 0