BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > OMG: Wichita Falls TEXAS - you have made my Day!!! (Allocation confirmed)

02-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #23
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
First congrats.
Second, I don't really care for you right now. I was working a deal on this and was heading in to place a deposit when my CA called me and said it was gone.

In all seriousness, congrats man, but damn...
Keep working yourself ...
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #24
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
First congrats.
Second, I don't really care for you right now. I was working a deal on this and was heading in to place a deposit when my CA called me and said it was gone.

In all seriousness, congrats man, but damn...
Man Sorry to hear. I wonder if my allocation was the car you were going to put a deposit. I have 2 allocations in California - I won't tell them and see what their status is, if you can't find anything - I can let you how those status go. I think i was #6 at one dealer and another had a DCT-LBB-Exec.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #25
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
People! You find one at msrp, you hand over your credit card and put down deposit. You do not go to work, you do not use email, you do not get off the phone until it's yours.
THIS
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #26
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
People! You find one at msrp, you hand over your credit card and put down deposit. You do not go to work, you do not use email, you do not get off the phone until it's yours.
That describes exactly the process by which I got a #1 place on a dealer's list, except the sales manager said he needed to confirm he could take my money first. That was an anxious 20 minutes. But he confirmed and then I did not hang up until he took my money off my card. He sent the receipt and then I let him go .

I will say this: since then, this smaller dealer with a much shorter list seems to be much more involved in the whole process. The big boys don't tell me a thing, but this guy gives me details of what he's doing, when he should know more, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:37 AM   #27
saint3448
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Sunset Orange M2C

I lived in Wichita Falls for a while (and I've been to that dealership). It's a typical USAF small town. The dealership is staffed with decent folks, they're just not that knowledgeable when it comes M cars.

Glad you got an allocation. I was able to do almost the exact same thing by contacting the the BMW dealership in Alexandria, Louisiana (smallish type town). Had exactly what I was looking for......below MSRP....
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #28
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Congrats man
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #29
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
Man Sorry to hear. I wonder if my allocation was the car you were going to put a deposit. I have 2 allocations in California - I won't tell them and see what their status is, if you can't find anything - I can let you how those status go. I think i was #6 at one dealer and another had a DCT-LBB-Exec.
It's not the end of the world bro. I will eventually find another. They are even offering me their first allocation at a little better price because the CA felt bad lol. I suppose, I should really thank you for me getting a deal below MSRP. If you decide to come out here, let me know and I will buy you a round.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #30
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
It's not the end of the world bro. I will eventually find another. They are even offering me their first allocation at a little better price because the CA felt bad lol. I suppose, I should really thank you for me getting a deal below MSRP. If you decide to come out here, let me know and I will buy you a round.
Wow. Glad to hear!

Man, This dealer is going above and beyond. Since I have to ship my car from Texas to California - they are getting the pricing ready and they said they can add it to invoice.

Have you had experience at this dealership before?
Appreciate 0