BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EBC Blue stuff Review, on track + daily use

06-15-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
austinhuffzzz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

EBC Blue stuff Review, on track + daily use

Good afternoon everyone,
Before I begin this review I sincerely hope that all of you and your family are safe during these very strange times. I've been fortunate that throughout the calamities, I've been able to get out on track to relieve some stress. When I picked up my M2 a few months back it was running the stock OEM pads which were lacking in performance on the street.As I was longing for more performance I decided to pick up a set of BBC blue stuff pads for the front and rear, And my goodness these made such a big difference.

On-road: On the road, the blue stuff pads give a more assurance that the OEM pads even at cold temperatures. I daily drive my M2 and was very concerned that these pads would be too noisy and rough for daily street use. Happily, they barely have any noise, even when cold and don't require much heat to work. Even on the street, I was able to feel the added response and bite from the pads. Feedback from the peddle is sharper and you have to dig for the brakes much less even on the street. I am very pleased with their abilities for daily use.

On track: On the track, I was very impressed. This past weekend I did two events, giving these pads proper testing. The first event was at Club Motorsports in New Hampshire. This track is very fast and requires you to dig deep into the braking zones as some corners you are traveling downhill. I found the pad gave me much more reassurance to late break and trail brake into the apex of the corner. I did 20 minutes sessions and then come off cooldown but the pads fell like they had much more to give in them. After this event, I did a brake flush with RBF 660 and went out for another event this past Sunday at Canaan Motorsports Park. The new fluid helped the overall pedal feel and gave me even more confidence in the brakes. Towards the end of this day, I did realize that my rotors We're suffering a lot more than the Pads. After a few more sessions I noticed the stock rotorsGetting some stress cracks from the heat. The pads surpassed my expectations on track big time!

In conclusion, these pads are a vital to upgrade for someone who wants a little bit more street performance from their brakes and those who are going to do light trap work with her M2. What I love most about these pads is the fact that they give you such reassurance on track but don't have any drawbacks on the street. EBC really did a great job with these and they definitely have my vote for an OEM+ pad upgrade. They might be a little bit more than the competition but their breath abilities unsurpassed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Mark 1M348.50
LLB-M221.50
      06-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks. Are they marketed as street also or track only? I've previously been very pleased with yellow stuff for fast road. No noise at all, much better feel and got better and better the warmer they got but still excellent bite from cold. In fact I've nearly been caught out with the OEM pads on my M2 in winter, they do seem to need a modicum of heat before they work best.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #3
austinhuffzzz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Absolutely, the most I pushed them on track the bite stayed strong. Sadly my rotors definitely need replacing but overall a great upgrade from stock!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
DavidStr
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

still happy about those pads?I am considering them too, curious to know if they are still performing well
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Something else was wrong if the stock pads weren't up to street driving - particularly from cold. What colour were the disks when you picked up the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 09:36 AM   #6
E90convert
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 DCT, F15 X5

Thanks for sharing! This review solidified my purchase for some Blue Stuff on my dual purpose M2 (daily/track). I’ll swap the Hawk Performance Ceramics back on for off season.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 09:44 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0