BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Quick Question - Deposit

01-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #23
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I agreed to a 2,000 deposit that was fully refundable so it really wasn't of any value to the dealer, they took my CC information and never actually ran it so I think they mainly just want to see if you would put your money where you mouth is. My CC was 0% APR so I didn't care either way.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #24
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

I wasn't asked to put any money down, but I've leased two BMW's from the local dealer (Bob Smith BMW of Calabasas) in the recent past.

Salesman also told me that I could always back out, as long as I didn't customize it with any unusual choices, but being the M2 has such a small choice of options, he said it really wouldn't matter how I configured it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 12:39 AM   #25
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedae46m3 View Post
If you are into credit card rewards the slightly higher deposit is beneficial if you will use the reward points, etc. Especially if you are writing a check for the down payment at delivery. Might as well put a couple grand on the car and walk away with some points.

$1000 has always seemed standard. BMW dealers have told me deposits are non-refundable on special orders before... Shady tactic
That's what happened to me last year. I put a $1000 deposit down, and was told it was non-fundable. I ended up charging it back through my CC company after several months of hearing nothing from the dealer, and buying a Focus RS. I got contacted by the same dealer, by a different CA (so far a much better one IMO). They had a M2 going to production and still had my order info, and wanted to know if I needed to make any changes. I added a moonroof and Apple carplay.

There was no mention of the deposit or chargeback, and it doesn't show up on my revised agreement. I guess it doesn't matter that much, and depends on the dealer or CA, in my case. As long as they know your serious.

I guess they just got some more allocations and I was next.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #26
eatapc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Whatever you want?

Ordered an M2 last month. My dealer in NJ asked for my credit card and said the deposit could be whatever I wanted. I put down $1250.
Appreciate 0