BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M2C - Rotors & Pads - Upgrade Options

08-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

M2C - Rotors & Pads - Upgrade Options

hey gents,

i'm not yet in need of a first major brake service but in anticipation of that i'm wanting to keep track of what is out there for multi-piece rotor and pad options for a 99% street M2C.

I see Paragon and Girodisc options. Are there others? I'm partial to Stop Tech because I have had a great experience with their Trophy kit on my E9X M3. But i dont think they do 2-piece rotors yet do they?

Goal would be to get the same kind of performance from M2C brakes that i get from from the ST Trophy kit.

What are people running for street pad upgrades over OEM?

If there is a thread on this already please direct there. i couldnt find one.
      08-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #2
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

There's no such thing as a real street/track pad, but the Ferodo DS2500 pads come as close as I've seen.

Used them for a HPDE and they worked very well. Been using them on the street with no issues at all. Less dust than stock as well.
      08-14-2022, 10:39 PM   #3
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
As for rotors, I know 034Motorsport carries front and rear two piece rotor upgrades for the M2s. I have a sponsorship with them so I may upgrade to them when needed.

https://store.034motorsport.com/2-pi...-m2-m3-m4.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 03:46 PM   #4
PJones97
Registered
Rep
Drives: 202 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
hey gents,

i'm not yet in need of a first major brake service but in anticipation of that i'm wanting to keep track of what is out there for multi-piece rotor and pad options for a 99% street M2C.

I see Paragon and Girodisc options. Are there others? I'm partial to Stop Tech because I have had a great experience with their Trophy kit on my E9X M3. But i dont think they do 2-piece rotors yet do they?

Goal would be to get the same kind of performance from M2C brakes that i get from from the ST Trophy kit.

I'm in the same boat, 1st owner out Ferodo 11.1s on, great pad but noisy as F and are chewing up my rotors. Plan to exchange for Girodiscs all around and 2500s but open to ideas and experiences. I do love the look of the J hooks…
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 10:27 PM   #5
Telluride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
hey gents,

This thread was about wheel scoring from stones getting stuck in 2NH BBK. I was considering these rotors but iirc they don't offer much in weight savings over stock... if that matters.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=73
Appreciate 0