BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2 LCI Australia MY2018

05-12-2017, 03:49 AM   #1
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

M2 LCI Australia MY2018

You can now order MY2018 LCI at Australian dealers - so my sales guy said. The Ts & Cs say subject to final pricing since that's not confirmed - but it is expected to be a few grand more.

In other news a LBB DCT just arrived in Brisbane and the deal fell through - so it's available for immediate delivery. I was offered to top up from my DCT Pure - but I'd rather have the manual. Comes with AirPlay
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Did he indicate when we are likely to see the LCI here?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #3
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

July production

October delivery.
Appreciate 1
Prodigy.697.50
      05-15-2017, 04:09 AM   #4
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I like the rear lights and the fact they fixed the stupid dash dials, otherwise nothing of real significance has changed. Think I'll hold off for the 2019+ S55 version if it ever happens. 330kW would be fun
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Just after a backlit gauge cluster. Don't think the LCI has it. Need to wait for the CS and its TFT to upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #6
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Anyone got confirmation on what exactly we are getting for LCI yet? My sales guy just confirmed there will be a facelift, but couldn't tell the details. Tried to ask the "Genius", but the guy I talked to said they didn't even have a confirmation on the existence of LCI in OZ market yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 12:10 AM   #7
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think the information is trickling down slowly and they probably know as much as we do at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 02:45 AM   #8
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Think so, but I suppose we should see official confirmation soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 03:28 AM   #9
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Just pigging back off this thread save me creating a new one.

Re M2 CS what's the thoughts on where this will be positioned price wise? Would it be over or under the base M4?

Is it likely to mirror the M4 CS in terms of price increase over standard M4? as $170,000 for M4 Competition and $300,000 for M4 GTS so based on euro pricing guess for M4 CS in Oz would be $208,000

Now the M2 base manual here is 100,000 and if it's likely to be anything over $120,000 maybe 130,000 then all bets are off for me unfortunately.

I'm a little doubtful given the hike of the M4 CS over the base M4 but who knows? What's S55, bigger brakes, more aggressive styling, better seats and maybe CF roof worth ? 20K increase?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #10
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
I'm a little doubtful given the hike of the M4 CS over the base M4 but who knows? What's S55, bigger brakes, more aggressive styling, better seats and maybe CF roof worth ? 20K increase?
I'd guess $20k increase on MSRP plus on-roads. So $120k plus on-roads assuming DCT only option. What's that $140-5k before discounts.
Appreciate 1
Hazey82276.50
      05-18-2017, 06:09 AM   #11
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
What's S55, bigger brakes, more aggressive styling, better seats and maybe CF roof worth ? 20K increase?
All of the above would be awesome Hazey82 but the more aggressive styling comment has me intrigued. All the details I've seen of the LCI it looks the same save for light clusters. Do you have any photos I may have missed elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
I'd guess $20k increase on MSRP plus on-roads. So $120k plus on-roads assuming DCT only option. What's that $140-5k before discounts.
Why assuming no manual Aust350z? DCT would be a deal breaker for me in a weekend only car.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #12
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy View Post

Why assuming no manual Aust350z? DCT would be a deal breaker for me in a weekend only car.
M4 CS is only DCT as is the M4 GTS...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 07:27 AM   #13
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
Quote:
What's S55, bigger brakes, more aggressive styling, better seats and maybe CF roof worth ? 20K increase?
All of the above would be awesome Hazey82 but the more aggressive styling comment has me intrigued. All the details I've seen of the LCI it looks the same save for light clusters. Do you have any photos I may have missed elsewhere?

Quote:
No official confirmation.

But scott26(?) indicated that all the preproduction samples built are all DCT - in the main M2 CS thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #14
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy
Quote:

Quote:
Muffy I am referring to CS not LCI sorry for confusion probably because I've hijacked lol. The spy shots of CS show a fake front bumper and the rear M3 exhaust muffler stands out like dogs balls so my guess is a redesigned rear bumper aka more aggressive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #15
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
M4 CS is only DCT as is the M4 GTS...
Ok the logic is sound!

(hopes for manual)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #16
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Muffy I am referring to CS not LCI sorry for confusion probably because I've hijacked lol. The spy shots of CS show a fake front bumper and the rear M3 exhaust muffler stands out like dogs balls so my guess is a redesigned rear bumper aka more aggressive.
Ah ok. I'll sit back and watch it all unfold I think!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #17
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:

Re M2 CS what's the thoughts on where this will be positioned price wise? Would it be over or under the base M4?

Is it likely to mirror the M4 CS in terms of price increase over standard M4? as $170,000 for M4 Competition and $300,000 for M4 GTS so based on euro pricing guess for M4 CS in Oz would be $208,000

Now the M2 base manual here is 100,000 and if it's likely to be anything over $120,000 maybe 130,000 then all bets are off for me unfortunately.

Dude, I still remember your posts when the M2 was first released, you said the car was an epic fail before driving one; crying about things that don't even matter and yet all the reviews from people that can actually drive at a high level (chris harris, randy pobst, euro journalists) all praised the car for being a phenomenal driving machine. Including TopGear/The grand tour.

If price is a driving indicator for you, I'm keen to know why you are showing interest in the M2 again. Did you perhaps drive one this time round? You were AUs loudest critic against the M2 and you were far from nice about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #18
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22
Quote:

Dude, I still remember your posts when the M2 was first released, you said the car was an epic fail before driving one; crying about things that don't even matter and yet all the reviews from people that can actually drive at a high level (chris harris, randy pobst, euro journalists) all praised the car for being a phenomenal driving machine. Including TopGear/The grand tour.

If price is a driving indicator for you, I'm keen to know why you are showing interest in the M2 again. Did you perhaps drive one this time round? You were AUs loudest critic against the M2 and you were far from nice about it.
Hi there, what's was wrong with me sharing my opinion on it at the time? Everyone has one. My comments where never about how the car was to drive and certainly didn't say it was a epic fail. I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't nice about it was not my intention to offend anybody??? Was only ever directed at BMW.

Coming from E46 M3 I always knew the M2 was going to be the better drivers car. I like others were just hoping for a few little extra bits and for my first brand new M car I wanted it to be that extra bit special. Nothing wrong with that.

I drove the M2 at BMW track day before it was released. Phenomenal car, has all the bits you really need but I always knew there could be more and hence why I'm showing interest again in the CS

Having said all that I can openly admit that my ownership experience of the F80 was not the best and I made the wrong choice and sold it 2 months later. Too big, only can exploit the car on a track and couldn't justify 3 x price over my e46 which I found more enjoyable.

If the CS is out of my price range I will now happily consider base M2 as there just isn't anything else out there and seeing them on the road and at the dealership the other day I see things in a different light.

It's been an experience, I'm being honest here and if people want to drag me across the coals about it each to there own.
Have a good one
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 10:49 PM   #19
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

To be honest the M2 wasn't even on my radar. On paper, it was so close to the M3/M4 I wasn't expecting the price to be remotely affordable.

So it was a big surprise to see how they've made it 60k cheaper than the M4. And I understand they had to take a lot of things off the table - leaving only the essentials. But in doing so, it made the car closer to M's original roots.

I think you can definitely dress it up a bit more to make it more upmarket - but based on resale value of Australian cars, options are worth zilch when u sell, so it is probably better to get the M3/M4 if you want a more upmarket spec.

FWIW I prefer the lower powered engine in the M2 in the way it rewards revving to the redline. The M3 didn't feel as rewarding to rev up. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 11:32 PM   #20
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi there, what's was wrong with me sharing my opinion on it at the time? Everyone has one. My comments where never about how the car was to drive and certainly didn't say it was a epic fail. I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't nice about it was not my intention to offend anybody??? Was only ever directed at BMW.

Coming from E46 M3 I always knew the M2 was going to be the better drivers car. I like others were just hoping for a few little extra bits and for my first brand new M car I wanted it to be that extra bit special. Nothing wrong with that.

I drove the M2 at BMW track day before it was released. Phenomenal car, has all the bits you really need but I always knew there could be more and hence why I'm showing interest again in the CS

Having said all that I can openly admit that my ownership experience of the F80 was not the best and I made the wrong choice and sold it 2 months later. Too big, only can exploit the car on a track and couldn't justify 3 x price over my e46 which I found more enjoyable.

If the CS is out of my price range I will now happily consider base M2 as there just isn't anything else out there and seeing them on the road and at the dealership the other day I see things in a different light.

It's been an experience, I'm being honest here and if people want to drag me across the coals about it each to there own.
Have a good one
Quote:
This whole M2 release, marketing, M performance is a total joke! How are we supposed to make a decision on anything prior to placing official orders.
Options for M performance seats are a final piece for me and I need to know before this weekend if they are an option to replace the lame so called sport seats as that's when I'm ordering my new car I've waited far to long.
This M2 is such a failure IMO.
??

Mind you this was pre-release, not stirring shit but for those of us that followed the release of the M2 closely will not forget what you said.

I'm not offended at all, I just find it funny that everything you were complaining about you seemed to have gotten over once you actually drive the damn thing.

Who gives a f**k how the mirrors look when your going sideways on a track at 140kph
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #21
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
??

Mind you this was pre-release, not stirring shit but for those of us that followed the release of the M2 closely will not forget what you said.

I'm not offended at all, I just find it funny that everything you were complaining about you seemed to have gotten over once you actually drive the damn thing.

Who gives a f**k how the mirrors look when your going sideways on a track at 140kph
I would have thought my last comment was civil enough you could take the hint, obviously not.
Mate, take some advise and let it go and take a break from the forums. You say you are not offended but it sounds like you are. It clearly is digging at you (I don't know why) for the fact you had to go looking up old posts and the fact you make comments like "not stirring shit but for those of us that followed the release of the M2 closely will not forget what you said" is making you look stupid. Please if I shall die do not turn up to my funeral with all your we wont forgot party.

I'm sure others don't want to see school kid debates overtaking what so far has been a good thread. Head over to the yank section if that's your thing.
For what little its worth I actually meant to word it like this "This M2 launch is such a failure IMO" because the statements that preceded it were regarding the launch and nothing about how the car actually drives.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 03:32 AM   #22
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0