BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Dr Colorchip Australia

02-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Dr Colorchip Australia

Has anyone used https://drcolorchip.com.au to fix up any chips? Looks a pretty easy application process.

I have a small chip on my door from where my exhaust installer let the door swing open into a tool chest.
It's only small but makes me sad everytime i see it.

Is this stuff as good as it makes out? I know it won't be perfect but hoping it won't make it as noticable.They have LBB colour code on their paint list, are they known for good paint matching?

Last edited by Prodigy.; 02-18-2018 at 07:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Has anyone used https://drcolorchip.com.au to fix up any chips? Looks a pretty easy application process.

I have a small chip on my door from where my exhaust installer let the door swing open into a tool chest.

Is this stuff as good as it makes out? I know it won't be perfect but hoping it won't make it as noticable.They have LBB colour code on their paint list, are they known for good paint matching?
Yes, I have used in the past for the 1M in VO.

Near perfect colour match and worked a treat.
Appreciate 1
Prodigy.697.50
      02-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Long time no see Prodigy.
Don't have any experience with it, but I believe there're tons of positive feedback out there.
Sad to hear about the chip. Once I was parking outside on a very windy day, lady parked next to me (in an opposite direction) was getting stuff from back seat and the rear door hit right on the mirror cap (thanks to the wind). Funny thing is the lady looked at me, like nothing happened... Glad the hit wan't too hard and I have PPF.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Long time no see Prodigy.
Don't have any experience with it, but I believe there're tons of positive feedback out there.
Sad to hear about the chip. Once I was parking outside on a very windy day, lady parked next to me (in an opposite direction) was getting stuff from back seat and the rear door hit right on the mirror cap (thanks to the wind). Funny thing is the lady looked at me, like nothing happened... Glad the hit wan't too hard and I have PPF.
Hi mate, how have you been? Did you end up getting an exhaust in the end or still happy with the stock system? I'm really happy with the Remus, has an amazing deep note.

Yeah it's been a few months since it happened, it's not too bad a chip but it's on the drivers door so i see it every time i get in, really annoys me lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Quote:
Hi mate, how have you been? Did you end up getting an exhaust in the end or still happy with the stock system? I'm really happy with the Remus, has an amazing deep note.

Yeah it's been a few months since it happened, it's not too bad a chip but it's on the drivers door so i see it every time i get in, really annoys me lol.
Very well, thanks. Been behind the wheel more than lurking around here apparently. No, I'm still with the stock. I'm enjoying the sound very much, though sometimes I do wish it's a bit louder. Remus is still on my list, just that I've been spending too much on other stuff lately and may need to wait at least until second half this year to go ahead with the exhaust.

Give Dr Colorchip a go, it's won't be perfect, but sure do just the job.

Last edited by nick_stp; 02-19-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 04:46 AM   #6
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:

Wondering if BMW do the touch-up bottles in LLB? I know they do BSM, a bottle of colour + bottle of clear was around $45 (factory colour packaged by BMW Germany)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #7
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Wondering if BMW do the touch-up bottles in LLB? I know they do BSM, a bottle of colour + bottle of clear was around $45 (factory colour packaged by BMW Germany)
They do, i have one of the Bmw LBB paint & clearcoat kits, i was considering using it for this but i don't think it will give as neat a finish as using the Dr CC.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 12:35 AM   #8
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Very well, thanks. Been behind the wheel more than lurking around here apparently. No, I'm still with the stock. I'm enjoying the sound very much, though sometimes I do wish it's a bit louder. Remus is still on my list, just that I've been spending too much on other stuff lately and may need to wait at least until second half this year to go ahead with the exhaust.
I've also decided to stick with stock exhaust but am thinking about a Fabspeed sport cat downpipe. I keep the flap open (& ASD off) with Bimmerlink and in Sport+ it sounds great, & I now don't mind the standard tips The comparative simple install of a downpipe is also attractive though not sure if there would be any warranty implications? (apologies for going off topic)

Quote:
They do, i have one of the Bmw LBB paint & clearcoat kits, i was considering using it for this but i don't think it will give as neat a finish as using the Dr CC.
Just watched the video on their website (hadn't seen that process before), certainly looks easier to get a good result compared with 'regular' touch-up paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:16 AM   #9
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

depends on how ambitious you are, i used a similar process to the below with pretty good results. This was on a sapphire black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
depends on how ambitious you are, i used a similar process to the below with pretty good results. This was on a sapphire black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4
Way too involved for me, i don't have the patience lol.

Purchased the Dr Colourchip kit and can say i am very happy with the product, super easy to use, colour match was good and works excellent on small chips.
Appreciate 1