BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > New member form Cambridgeshire

01-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
Slam Dunk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

New member form Cambridgeshire

Hi, I took delivery of my Alpine White LCI DCT just before Christmas and thought it was time to register on the site and say hello.
So far, I’ve covered only 700 miles so looking forward to getting the run-in service out of the way and experiencing the cars full potential. I’ve owned a few BMWs, my last one being a 435d X-drive convertible, which I didn’t keep for long, and can already tell the M2 is really something very special. I haven’t been so enthused about a car since getting a Mitsubishi Evo 6 back in 2001.
I went for a number of M Performance goodies including front & rear aero attachments, rear diffuser, rear boot spoiler, black kidney grills, black side grills, CF mirror caps and CF gear/handbrake trim. All that carbon fibre looks great in contrast with the white paintwork.
I decided to stick with the standard exhaust (for now) as I don’t really feel the need for anything louder, especially if there are no performance gains to be had. I don’t want to jeopardise the warrantee with downpipe or tuning mods at such an early stage in its life, but I’m sure I’ll end up with a long wish list of mods though. The RKP carbon fibre roof will certainly be at the top.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
Wilsm2187.50
      01-15-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWF87 View Post
Hi, I took delivery of my Alpine White LCI DCT just before Christmas and thought it was time to register on the site and say hello.
So far, I’ve covered only 700 miles so looking forward to getting the run-in service out of the way and experiencing the cars full potential. I’ve owned a few BMWs, my last one being a 435d X-drive convertible, which I didn’t keep for long, and can already tell the M2 is really something very special. I haven’t been so enthused about a car since getting a Mitsubishi Evo 6 back in 2001.
I went for a number of M Performance goodies including front & rear aero attachments, rear diffuser, rear boot spoiler, black kidney grills, black side grills, CF mirror caps and CF gear/handbrake trim. All that carbon fibre looks great in contrast with the white paintwork.
I decided to stick with the standard exhaust (for now) as I don’t really feel the need for anything louder, especially if there are no performance gains to be had. I don’t want to jeopardise the warrantee with downpipe or tuning mods at such an early stage in its life, but I’m sure I’ll end up with a long wish list of mods though. The RKP carbon fibre roof will certainly be at the top.
Congratulations, I bought LBB at the beginning of dec.
      01-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
toml
Rep
Drives: M2

Congratulations. I’m just outside Cambridge myself :thumb:
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
Slam Dunk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml View Post
Congratulations. I’m just outside Cambridge myself :thumb:
I'm in St Ives so that makes us practically neighbours.
Haven't seen any other M2s out in the wild around our area, I'll keep a look out for you
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
toml
Rep
Drives: M2

Definitely neighbours. I'm in Cambourne. I haven't seen any M2s.....ah, actually just remembered I saw a long beach blue one at the Madingley park and ride quite a while ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Little Mac
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Looks awesome!! Love the carbon M Performance parts! Keep thinking of adding some to mine in the near future. Im from Suffolk and quite often visit Cambridgeshire in my so will keep an eye out for you guys, Ive only ever seen one other M2 on the roads.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #7
illingworth22
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

My Brother lives in Cambridge and I have frequented there a few times with my Dublin registered LBB M2. I have not seen many while I have visited the UK.

Good luck with the car