BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadians: Pricing $61,000 - CONFIRMED

06-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #2267
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
This pisses me off. Can't wait to hear why...
If there was no msrp increase I wouldn't care less since 5.0 and new controller were never going to be in a MY16 however, announcing it in the 17's made stomaching the increase a little easier. So much for that.
My first BMW experience has been quite the ride so far...unreal.
Yeah me too ! BMW is sometime difficult to understand, sometime they really don't look like a company who respect its customers...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #2268
///M²
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
For what it's worth, and not trying to offend anyone, I'll believe the changes when I see the new M2017 pricing and ordering guide/product planning guide, for now it's just hearsay.

Last edited by ///M²; 06-16-2016 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #2269
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yep confirmed this info with my GM, but with some interesting follow up.

Now here is the interesting bit: allegedly all M2's made since March 2016 are going to be able to be retrofitted with the 5.0 software-only update including CarPlay.

They won't have the new 5.0 controller hardware apparently, but will be able to run the software.

Trying to dig into this deeper, updates will follow in the next couple of days. For now, treat this as a rumor until I get something firm.
WTF? I was berated in another thread for sharing the "no iDrive 5.0 for M2 news" from a BMW Genius last weekend. What's going on? Who is right and who is wrong!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #2270
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrnan View Post
Yeah me too ! BMW is sometime difficult to understand, sometime they really don't look like a company who respect its customers...
Is it BMW or is it the dealers giving people crap info and fake promises?

I think the biggest issue with the M2 launch is the disappointment created by dealers taking deposits, making promises and not delivering. The issue is that, in many cases, they were simply passing on bad info. They were guessing on allocations/production, they were being overly optimistic to create sales, they were playing games. Many dealers are good and don't do this... that is, they don't promise what they can't deliver. They don't mess with ordering on their lists. They don't sell you an allocation until they have an allocation, etc.

The price increase, IMO anyway, was somewhat expected given the CDN dollar, the relatively low intro price and also the huge demand. That's simply a business decision and I think any manufacturer would do the same thing. The real problem is the unrealistic expectations dealers create and the broken promises. That creates a bad taste in people's mouths.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #2271
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Quote:
Yep confirmed this info with my GM, but with some interesting follow up.

Now here is the interesting bit: allegedly all M2's made since March 2016 are going to be able to be retrofitted with the 5.0 software-only update including CarPlay.

They won't have the new 5.0 controller hardware apparently, but will be able to run the software.

Trying to dig into this deeper, updates will follow in the next couple of days. For now, treat this as a rumor until I get something firm.
WTF? I was berated in another thread for sharing the "no iDrive 5.0 for M2 news" from a BMW Genius last weekend. What's going on? Who is right and who is wrong!
To be honest at this point I have no idea which one is true. Hopefully we'll get some light shed on this soon, as there's conflicting information from all sides.

The CDN ordering guide does imply that 5.0 is there so that's my gut feeling, but evidence points to the contrary.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:36 PM   #2272
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
To be honest at this point I have no idea which one is true. Hopefully we'll get some light shed on this soon, as there's conflicting information from all sides.

The CDN ordering guide does imply that 5.0 is there so that's my gut feeling, but evidence points to the contrary.
The MY17 ordering guide for Germany has iDrive 5.0 in it as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #2273
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenarc View Post
For what it's worth, and not trying to offend anyone, I'll believe the changes when I see the new M2017 pricing and ordering guide/product planning guide, for now it's just hearsay.
One thing is for sure, there is a $2,000 price raise in Canada and none in the USA. I was at my BMW dealership two days ago and I've added the sunroof to my order and the new $63,000 MRSP is applied to my order. I saw it on the new contract I've signed.

So the only thing we seem to get with MY17 is a price raise.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #2274
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 BSM MT

The fact that it WAS/IS in the ordering guide is giving me a sliver of hope.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #2275
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:

It does not imply it... it states it explicitly! But yeah, I am in the same boat and have no idea at this point. Usually when you see something in writing from BMW Canada you kind of treat it as more than a rumour. But some people seem to be giving more weight to the verbal indications they have received (no iDrive 5.0) over a formal document that says otehrwise - so I dunno

All this confusion is to be expected from such a new company with no experience in car production... oh, wait....
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #2276
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er View Post
It does not imply it... it states it explicitly! But yeah, I am in the same boat and have no idea at this point. Usually when you see something in writing from BMW Canada you kind of treat it as more than a rumour. But some people seem to be giving more weight to the verbal indications they have received (no iDrive 5.0) over a formal document that says otehrwise - so I dunno

All this confusion is to be expected from such a new company with no experience in car production... oh, wait....
Like I said in my other post, it may be getting the 5.0 software-only while the controller remains the old model. My guys are looking into it, but they said response has been slow and it'll take a few days.

According to information available, it seems that M2's built since March 2016 may be eligible for this upgrade.

But who the hell knows? It's a guessing game at this point.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #2277
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I've sent an email to my SA asking him if he's aware of that. I'm waiting for his response.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #2278
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrnan
Quote:

I've sent an email to my SA asking him if he's aware of that. I'm waiting for his response.
This is not a rumor. I saw the "official" note from BMW Canada.
      06-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #2279
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Maybe that explains why I still did not received any answer from my SA (sent him an email yesterday at the end of the afternoon). He's probably trying to find a way to explain it to me without having to face my bad humor...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #2280
M2.Will
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 6MT LBB

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2021 M2 Competition  [0.00]
Well I've decided to look on the bright side.
I'm leasing my m2 which is arriving late November.
M performance exhaust is now an actual option so I can residualize it.
And the residual for my16 is 39 month 56%. I was also told the my17 will have a higher residual value to somewhat offset the increase . Good for the ones of us that are leasing
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #2281
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Maybe that explains why I still did not received any answer from my SA (sent him an email yesterday at the end of the afternoon). He's probably trying to find a way to explain it to me without having to face my bad humor...
The document I saw does say "For use within the BMW organization only" at the top. We can't really be upset on their going back on anything that was not officially released to the public. Would be nice if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing, I agree.

I note that the official pricing guide and order guide documents with the MSRP increase shown mention nothing about iDrive 5.0 that I can see - only the internal document we weren't supposed to see.

I am also disappointed that even the small bone of iDrive 5.0 (as partial compensation for the price hike) may disappear. I guess our compensation for them hiking the price on something we already ordered, signed an agreement and deposited on is that they are still willing to sell us the car at all (when they get around to it).
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #2282
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The document I saw does say "For use within the BMW organization only" at the top. We can't really be upset on their going back on anything that was not officially released to the public. Would be nice if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing, I agree.

I note that the official pricing guide and order guide documents with the MSRP increase shown mention nothing about iDrive 5.0 that I can see - only the internal document we weren't supposed to see.

I am also disappointed that even the small bone of iDrive 5.0 (as partial compensation for the price hike) may disappear. I guess our compensation for them hiking the price on something we already ordered, signed an agreement and deposited on is that they are still willing to sell us the car at all (when they get around to it).
They don't really have the choice to sell us the car, they signed the contract too after all...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #2283
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

My dealership called to say they had just received another allocation for an M2. It would be a November build of a MY17. If I came in right away and put the deposit down the $2k price increase would not apply to me as it was a 2016 build... they even wrote it on the paperwork as part of the deal as the GSM told me had his rep from BMW Canada in his office the other day and there was a $6,000 price increase coming so it was a huge deal for me to sign today and lock in my $61k msrp... guess what happened.. the price increase came down and they called and said I know what we told you and even though we wrote it on the paperwork you still have to pay $63msrp. If it was any other car we would just eat it because it was our fault. M4 etc. no problem we would take responsibility... but M2 we are not allowed to discount a penny. so what are you gonna do...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #2284
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
My dealership called to say they had just received another allocation for an M2. It would be a November build of a MY17. If I came in right away and put the deposit down the $2k price increase would not apply to me as it was a 2016 build... they even wrote it on the paperwork as part of the deal as the GSM told me had his rep from BMW Canada in his office the other day and there was a $6,000 price increase coming so it was a huge deal for me to sign today and lock in my $61k msrp... guess what happened.. the price increase came down and they called and said I know what we told you and even though we wrote it on the paperwork you still have to pay $63msrp. If it was any other car we would just eat it because it was our fault. M4 etc. no problem we would take responsibility... but M2 we are not allowed to discount a penny. so what are you gonna do...
I'm not surprised at all !

I've bought lots of cars in my life but honestly this one is the worst buying experience ever!

BMW are not fair with us about our ordered M2. They really take us for granted. Let's hope that the car will keep its value for long!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #2285
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
They don't really have the choice to sell us the car, they signed the contract too after all...
I think they (car dealers) have a different definition of "contract" than most of the business world. Normally a contract would mean the terms are set for both services and goods to be delivered and consideration to be given.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #2286
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think they (car dealers) have a different definition of "contract" than most of the business world. Normally a contract would mean the terms are set for both services and goods to be delivered and consideration to be given.
You're damn right !
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #2287
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
While dealers may view things differently, at the end of the day a contract is a contract. If he legitimately has an official dealership sales contract signed by both parties stipulating the cost, that is a legally biding document and can be upheld in court.

Now, in order for that to happen, the conditions have to be spelled out very clearly, the price needs to be spelled out very clearly, and you need to make sure there aren't any clauses that allows them to modify this without notice.

It just depends on how much effort you want to put in fighting it vs just paying the $2,000. Alternatively, hit up CBC Marketplace and I guarantee you BMW will take notice and resolve the issue quickly and quietly - it's bad publicity to have people ignore legally binding documents.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #2288
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Few minutes ago my SA has confirmed the information. No iDrive 5.0 in MY17 M2. But the $2K price raise remains of course...
Appreciate 0