BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Video: M2 front bumper without disguise padding camouflage

08-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #45
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Is this a new mule since it seems to be MG?
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2015, 01:06 AM   #46
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver1 View Post
Biggest disappointment is no hood scoop. No CFRP roof. And most of all, the same engine as the M235i. I thought we were going to get a full blown M car this time around. Not a warmed over 235i with just an upgraded suspension and some fancy bumpers/fenders.
If the CFRP roof was a $1500 option, would you buy it ? What would your price cutoff point be? It's a legitimate question I've pondered in regards to the M2.

Is the CFRP roof something BMW will no longer include as a no cost option in the future?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 01:12 AM   #47
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Is this a new mule since it seems to be MG?
there was one other MG mule previously spotted about a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #48
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post
If the CFRP roof was a $1500 option, would you buy it ? What would your price cutoff point be? It's a legitimate question I've pondered in regards to the M2.

Is the CFRP roof something BMW will no longer include as a no cost option in the future?
If a CFRP roof was a $1k-$1.5k option it would definitely be checked on my build.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 01:48 AM   #49
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Front bumper looks a lot more aggressive. I like it very much. Still wish they were adding a carbon fiber roof though but it is what it is.

The unveil should have M Performance parts on it like the M4 concept. I can only imagine how much better that front bumper will look with a lip spoiler. And a CF diffuser at the rear. I'm excited to see the unveiling. Found this render online earlier.
Attached Images

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #50
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i View Post
BMW has this unveiling down to an art....
They're handling this like a Wagner opera.

Act I: Attack of the Mules
- Speculation, international "spy" photos, Nurburgring videos

Act II: All is Revealed
- Official teaser, official announcement, the first TV ads are aired

Act III: The Blogoverse Reacts
- Positive / negative spin, mindless knee-jerk forum posts, pro / am media reviews

Act IV: Birth of a New M
- Start-of-production, official ad campaign, sales begin
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2015, 05:09 AM   #51
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
We are getting closer and closer to the reveal
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #52
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

In all honesty I'd reather they'd just kept the same basic shape of the M235i front end as this is just too fussy, and I get the idea the rear will be the same
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #53
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
In all honesty I'd reather they'd just kept the same basic shape of the M235i front end as this is just too fussy, and I get the idea the rear will be the same
Quote:
The more I see the less I want one, they could make the ugliest car on the world and most of the people in here would like it, if it looks anything like that I'd rather buy an M235i
Quote:
Well BMW are making it easy for people to forget about the M2, it no longer interests me, this is just an M235i with less options that handles better, I don't think it will be hard getting one as very few people will want one, anyone that wants a real M car won't even look at the M2, for the sake of an extra 8 inches in length you can get an M4 which will be a much better car, no doubt this is what BMW want but I'm sure they're happy to milk a little extra from the M4 parts making an M2
Quote:
I lost interest in the M2 when I saw it was probably as wide as an M4, the size was the only reason for buying an M2 over an M4 so it looks like I'll be keeping my M135i or buying an M240i if they make one
Quote:
Why would they not offer front parking sensors? That's just dumb, for me the front is the hardest part to judge and I can't think of another BMW that doesn't offer pdc front and rear, they should come as standard
We get it, you hate the car - in every thread.

Last edited by metrickid; 08-10-2015 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 4
      08-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #54
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBB View Post
Just cause scott says so, doesn't mean it's true. Actually promo materials were completed last month from what I heard.
Totally understand on the SCOTT front - that info isn't always correct, but it does give us some sort of basis at times. If the car really is going to be beginning production in November, then logically it must be revealed before that - BMW is just doing the slow strip tease they did with the 1M.

PYRAT2 isn't the internal code name by chance either - they have the playbook that created a cult phenomenon with the 1M and they're sticking to it.
      08-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #55
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Gonna Be A Beast!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 2
      08-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #56
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

i love how small it is in comparison to the M3/M4
      08-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #57
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Yep, all he does is make negative comments and they're extremely biased. Clearly self justification for keeping his M135i or getting the M240i. M2 will look far more aggressive and be a far better performer. That's a fact. And... The rear end will not be the too fussy. The front isn't too fussy either. Definitely less fussy than the M3/4's front bumper which he praised. How one could hate a car so much that still is in camo and is the evolution of a beloved previous M car is beyond me.

Last edited by Adem1534; 08-10-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #58
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBB View Post
The M235i is the basis, just like the 4er is for the M4. Then you take the typical M design cues, you add them, and you get the M2. Look at the 1M also, same vents in the rear. Look at the front also, a lot of M4 there.

Vision GT was a sketching exercise mostly using also M design cues. So it's wrong to say Vision GT was the single basis for the M2.
The 2 series is already the basis for the GT6. So saying the GT6 is the basis already implies the connection to the 2 series platform.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #59
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Yep, all he does is make negative comments and they're extremely biased. Clearly self justification for keeping his M135i or getting the M240i. M2 will look far more aggressive and be a far better performer. That's a fact. And... The rear end will not be the too fussy. The front isn't too fussy either. Definitely less fussy than the M3/4's front bumper which he praised. How one could hate a car so much that still is in camo and is the evolution of a beloved previous M car is beyond me.
Yes, if he complains no S55, not enough CF, no Individual, I can understand, but that is not the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #60
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
Quote:
Adem:

Let's call a spade a spade here...

I've been following your comments as more info has been released on this car, and as negative as Steven has been, you are essentially a polar opposite, in that you have literally gone out of your way to bash anyone who even offers the slightest bit of criticism or doubt that pertains to the M2. At times you have been downright dismissive, and it reads as though you have forgotten we are talking about a car, not your girlfriend.

Bottom line: relax. All of us here are enthusiasts, and an instrumental part of the enthusiast culture is being able to respectfully disagree with one another.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #61
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
The front isn't too fussy either. Definitely less fussy than the M3/4's front bumper which he praised.
Well, looking at the render above, which IMHO is reasonably accurate, I suspect it will be complicated. More than the M3.

How's this fussy I don't know. Simple? No. Fussy? Hell no.

Last edited by swagon; 08-10-2015 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #62
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post

this is a great topic for a new thread.... however.. keep in mind that the only M model that does not have a CFRP roof in recent years is the 1M and it appears the M2...

So.. .. while we await the full M2 reveal.. if it does not have a CFRP roof or an option.... will it be something on a future M2... good questions..

I do think it would be a good idea to create a poll... How much would one pay for this if it were an option.. or how much would a buyer expect it to add to the base price for this feature..

with the possible exception of the M2 as an entry level vehicle ... it seems likely that BMW AG is going to include this on future cars going forward..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #63
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
keep in mind that the only M model that does not have a CFRP roof in recent years is the 1M and it appears the M2...
The E90 M3 and F10 M5 doesn't have one - right?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #64
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Adem:

I've been following your comments as more info has been released on this car, and as negative as Steven has been, you are essentially a polar opposite, in that you have literally gone out of your way to bash anyone who even offers the slightest bit of criticism or doubt that pertains to the M2. At times you have been downright dismissive, and it reads as though you have forgotten we are talking about a car, not your girlfriend.

Bottom line: relax. All of us here are enthusiasts, and an instrumental part of the enthusiast culture is being able to respectfully disagree with one another.

I've got Adem's back... people call me a BMW apologist and dismissive forum basher too..

The bottom line may be that all of us are enthusiasts... but many people come on to the forums seeking what is personal to them.

Ever been on a conference call that has a bunch of Q and A time at the end? Most Q and A questions are personalized to the individual... no matter if the same situation was addressed to the group overall during the call. .

So... .. indeeed... when someone jumps in and says...

why doesn't BMW do this thing that I want... yep... someone like Adem. or myself or fuddman or Artemis or others likely will be trying to set them straight.

I would like to think that we try and provide some info... BMWs history.. our experiences .. and we even provide our own thought processes.... so a healthy dialogue can come about....

However butt-hurt complaining " I wanted this feature and since it's not there then BMW sucks and I am going to buy a Cayman " really isn't welcome ... or at least I am so tired of it .. I would bet that I am dismissive.

The thought that an M4 is only a 435 with a tune.. . or the same for any M car 135 vs 1M... or 235 vs M2 all the way up to 650 vs M6 is simply ridiculous weak sauce.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #65
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
The E90 M3 and F10 M5 doesn't have one - right?
E9x M3 coupe has CFRP or sunfoof option not sure about the sedan

dunno about the F10 M5.. the M6 gran coupe does ... guess it can be added that M SAVs don't.. so there's not any rhyme or reason...

one cannot say all M series coupes get CFRP and you cannot say all M series sedans do NOT get CFRP lol ..

MORAL OF THE STORY... NOT ALL M CARS GET CFRP and no buyer should EXPECT that as an option or feature then.. right?
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #66
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Adem:

I've got Adem's back... people call me a BMW apologist and dismissive forum basher too..

The bottom line may be that all of us are enthusiasts... but many people come on to the forums seeking what is personal to them.

Ever been on a conference call that has a bunch of Q and A time at the end? Most Q and A questions are personalized to the individual... no matter if the same situation was addressed to the group overall during the call. .

So... .. indeeed... when someone jumps in and says...

why doesn't BMW do this thing that I want... yep... someone like Adem. or myself or fuddman or Artemis or others likely will be trying to set them straight.

I would like to think that we try and provide some info... BMWs history.. our experiences .. and we even provide our own thought processes.... so a healthy dialogue can come about....

However butt-hurt complaining " I wanted this feature and since it's not there then BMW sucks and I am going to buy a Cayman " really isn't welcome ... or at least I am so tired of it .. I would bet that I am dismissive.

The thought that an M4 is only a 435 with a tune.. . or the same for any M car 135 vs 1M... or 235 vs M2 all the way up to 650 vs M6 is simply ridiculous weak sauce.
For sure.

Adem definitely makes his fair share of valid points.

I'm a big bmw guy: my family has owned 9 of them, and I've owned 2.

I have a deposit down on an m2, while I'm currently in an m235i.

I'm confident the m2 will be an awesome drivers car. A little disappointed that it doesn't have a CF roof, M seats, M mirrors, and more color options? Sure, and I think that's reasonable.

Just irks me when guys get overly defensive, particularly when it's about a car that none of us own, nonetheless have actually seen or driven.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 3