BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadian Deliveries

07-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #155
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr261 View Post
Bought in the GTA but living in London

I thought I may have seen from a distance a BSM M2 like mine recently here in town. Any other Londoners with their car delivered yet??
Got order in with Sarnia bmw ...but live in London waiting on allocation.
I saw your car I think at bmw london several weeks ago I think....serpa bmw plate?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #156
jjr261
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx
Quote:
Bought in the GTA but living in London

I thought I may have seen from a distance a BSM M2 like mine recently here in town. Any other Londoners with their car delivered yet??
I saw your car I think at bmw london several weeks ago I think....serpa bmw plate?
Yes that was mine - in for the 2,000km service. Hope you have a ETA in the near future for yours. Well worth the wait in any case
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #157
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Yes that was mine - in for the 2,000km service. Hope you have a ETA in the near future for yours. Well worth the wait in any case
JJ, did you buy that car that Serpa had in their showroom? The black one that the SA there had posted a thread about?

I was close to driving out to the dealership that day to buy it...but at the end decided I really wanted a LBB instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #158
jjr261
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI
Quote:
JJ, did you buy that car that Serpa had in their showroom? The black one that the SA there had posted a thread about?

I was close to driving out to the dealership that day to buy it...but at the end decided I really wanted a LBB instead.
Yes that was the one I grabbed from the good folks at Serpa.

Thanks for not rushing out to grab it before me. I was late to the game in getting a deposit in so decided to grab that BSM they had on the lot not knowing when I may get an allocation. I definitely would have gone LBB if so as that would look even better than mine...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #159
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes that was the one I grabbed from the good folks at Serpa.

Thanks for not rushing out to grab it before me. I was late to the game in getting a deposit in so decided to grab that BSM they had on the lot not knowing when I may get an allocation. I definitely would have gone LBB if so as that would look even better than mine...
Ha...I was in the same boat as you...late getting a deposit in, that's why I was considering the BSM even if not my first choice.

Ended up getting lucky, receiving the first allocation at my dealership, even though I was 3rd in line.

Glad it worked out for both of us
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #160
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

While I was at Pfaff yesterday I admired a LBB 6MT that had just arrived on Thursday, it was looking quite beautiful even if still dirty from transport and on shipping blocks. My SA said another one (not sure of colour) had also arrived but I didn't see it in their lot.

Waiting until next year is going to be tough.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #161
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

what Pfaff?
i need to see an M2.I need to confirm a color.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #162
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Any dealerships around hamilton-toronto areas that have a M2 to view?

I know they"re all sold but i've ordered one and still have not ssen one in person lol

Help.

Torn between white and LBB.I have ordered LBB.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #163
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk09 View Post

I know they"re all sold but i've ordered one and still have not ssen one in person lol

Help.

Pfaff BMW in Mississauga had an AW one in their showroom last month. I'm assuming its still there...I was told its not forsale, as the dealership was intending to keep the car for events, to track, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #164
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
Pfaff BMW in Mississauga had an AW one in their showroom last month. I'm assuming its still there...I was told its not forsale, as the dealership was intending to keep the car for events, to track, etc.
Thanks

how did the white look?

what color did you pick?

any idea when you're getting yours?

greg
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #165
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks

how did the white look?

what color did you pick?

any idea when you're getting yours?

greg
It looked quite nice, but not my first choice personally. I thought it muted the M2's nice lines a little bit.

I've got a LLB coming...fingers crossed it'll be at the dealership sometime week of July 18, maybe a little sooner.

BTW, I also just saw a MG one in the flesh, and thought it looked fantastic. Would have been my second choice behind LLB
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #166
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks. I agree,it does mute the lines.That was the exact reason i pick VO on my 1M and not white but i still liked the look of the white 1M.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #167
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:

Help.

You wouldn't be able to open doors and look inside but BMW HQ in Richmond hill usually has something in their lot. They had a LBB and a MG side by side about a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #168
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
You wouldn't be able to open doors and look inside but BMW HQ in Richmond hill usually has something in their lot. They had a LBB and a MG side by side about a month ago.
Ahhhh! i never thought of that.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #169
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

The AW one at Pfaff isn't always there, they sometimes take it for promo events (it wasn't there this weekend). It's no longer completely AW either, they've gone and put M-themed stripes on it. For now they're keeping it as a promo vehicle for the dealership, they've put a bunch of M Performance bits on it too (CF front wings, CF mirrors, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, perf. exhaust).
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #170
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ahhhh! i never thought of that.
it can be hit and miss up there however but i would be surprised if they didnt have any...Originally they had a AW back when no customer had their car yet.

If you do go up there, let me know what is there...even though ive seen BSM at a dealership, i would love to see one again...esp next to an MG!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #171
AESZ4
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post

fyi Be careful with Sarnia BMW. I was their first allocation spot as of Feb and only M2 order (confirmed by email/phone several times and followed up with them regularly for build status) only to find out in early May that my allocation was given to somebody else for early June Euro delivery and that I would have to wait till their second allocation spot which would arrive sometime Oct/Nov and would be MY2017. I suspect there was some financial incentive involved as I couldn't get a straight answer from the dealer principle Joe Andali. He also mentioned some BS about how his preference is to see his cars be driven locally (Sarnia) but would be willing to sell to me in Toronto.
I cancelled my order needless to say as I refuse to reward shifty dealers like this.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #172
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESZ4 View Post
fyi Be careful with Sarnia BMW. I was their first allocation spot as of Feb and only M2 order (confirmed by email/phone several times and followed up with them regularly for build status) only to find out in early May that my allocation was given to somebody else for early June Euro delivery and that I would have to wait till their second allocation spot which would arrive sometime Oct/Nov and would be MY2017. I suspect there was some financial incentive involved as I couldn't get a straight answer from the dealer principle Joe Andali. He also mentioned some BS about how his preference is to see his cars be driven locally (Sarnia) but would be willing to sell to me in Toronto.
I cancelled my order needless to say as I refuse to reward shifty dealers like this.
Sorry to hear that. However, you need to understand that the priority was "clearly" given to Euro M Tour participants, since they pay a significant amount of money to be part of the tour (note: I am not affiiliated with BMW and I was also bumped down the list since I was not participating in the M tour).

Hope you get to be in another list as the M2 is hell of a car!
      07-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #173
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESZ4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post

Were they part of the M Tour or just regular ED?

The M Tour cars were given priority due to the program and the added cost ($5,900 CDN), plus if they hadn't, some owners would not have had cars...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #174
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
I also had a deposit down with them earlier this year...was told they were only getting two allocations this year. Ended up pulling my deposit since I would get my car sooner at my original dealer.
Have to say...i never did feel comfortable dealing with them while it lasted...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #175
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'd spoken with Sarnia BMW in early April, and at the time was told they already had a ED allocation (didn't specify if it was M Tour), but thought that they would get another allocation for this calendar year if I was willing to put a deposit down. There was no mention about preference for a local buyer (I mentioned I was from the GTA)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #176
m3nova
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

I'd like to do an M2 Euro Delivery in March/April next year (2017). Picked up my 2011 E90 M3 that way and really enjoyed it. Have not ordered a car yet. Any point in trying this late? Anyone know of dealers having allocations for next calendar year?
Appreciate 0