BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadian Deliveries

07-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #111
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

The race is on!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #112
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Hey whitmont I noticed you added the front winglets as well as the rear spoiler to your bsm. Looks awesome! I am ordering bsm and definitely want the rear spoiler - when you ordered yours did you need to get the front winglets as in required? I noticed that on BMW parts ordering page as well have heard that its suggested for 'balance'. Any truth to that? Also any reason you didn't get the side skirt attachments?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #113
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Just got my VIN. Not sure if that means my car has finished production - anyone have an idea?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #114
Woodwynd
Rep
Drives: M2 - MG 6MT

MG / 6MT / ZTV - Week 33 build, Week (?) delivery in Victoria BC
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #115
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
Just got my VIN. Not sure if that means my car has finished production - anyone have an idea?
Car is in production and you can track it with BMW Customer Service and your SA!
      07-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #116
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

there is only like 3 cars with DCT
lol
      07-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #117
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

My car is status 112... When am I going to receive my VIN? This wait is ENDLESS!!!
      07-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #118
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
My car is status 112... When am I going to receive my VIN? This wait is ENDLESS!!!
me too. I called BMW yesterday hoping to be surprised with a VIN but no such luck yet...

Should be very soon for you Benzima...typically car enters production 2 weeks prior to your production week I believe, so i bet you get yours by end of this week!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #119
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
me too. I called BMW yesterday hoping to be surprised with a VIN but no such luck yet...

Should be very soon for you Benzima...typically car enters production 2 weeks prior to your production week I believe, so i bet you get yours by end of this week!
I am week 30 too, so hopefully early next week I will be able to track it with my VIN
      07-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #120
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

After we receive our VIN is there a way we can track where it is in the production cycle or can we only track once it's being shipped?

I remember my SA saying something about all the Canadian production vehicles being done in one shot for each production month. They start west coast and work east. I'm sure you will have your VIN by the end of the week
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #121
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10 View Post
After we receive our VIN is there a way we can track where it is in the production cycle or can we only track once it's being shipped?

I remember my SA saying something about all the Canadian production vehicles being done in one shot for each production month. They start west coast and work east. I'm sure you will have your VIN by the end of the week
Try a few options to track:
- www.mybmw.ca
- BMW Canada Customer Support
- your SA screen

Let me know which one works!

Note: I do NOT have my VIN yet. Therefore, you are ahaead of me in the process!
      07-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #122
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Try a few options to track:
- www.mybmw.ca
- BMW Canada Customer Support
- your SA screen

Let me know which one works!

Note: I do NOT have my VIN yet. Therefore, you are ahaead of me in the process!
Word of warning to those with trying to track with the VIN - I've had have mine since June 8th, paperwork is done for the car (technically sold already, wanted to beat the HST hike in NB, fuckers) and I still cannot add it to the MyBMW.ca website.

Been going back and forth with the BMW customer support folk as they don't know what is up either - seems to be either M2 specific or my M2 specific. We thought it was an error in the address input, but that's since been fixed and still won't work.

Also doesn't work through the BMW Financial ID setting either...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #123
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Word of warning to those with trying to track with the VIN - I've had have mine since June 8th, paperwork is done for the car (technically sold already, wanted to beat the HST hike in NB, fuckers) and I still cannot add it to the MyBMW.ca website.

Been going back and forth with the BMW customer support folk as they don't know what is up either - seems to be either M2 specific or my M2 specific. We thought it was an error in the address input, but that's since been fixed and still won't work.

The way things have been going with this whole BMW experience from A to Z has been anything but straight forward and 'functional'....wouldn't expect any different when it comes to trying to track your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #124
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
The way things have been going with this whole BMW experience from A to Z has been anything but straight forward and 'functional'....wouldn't expect any different when it comes to trying to track your car.
Worst. Experience. Ever.
      07-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #125
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:

Though I've not tried it with the BMW Financial ID, I can confirm the same problem with the MyBMW.ca site...it won't accept my VIN. Only way to track is either the BMW Canada phone number or call your client advisor
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #126
Deutsches Blut
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E92 M Sport / 2008 C

MG 6MT ZTV MPE (ZX1) - mid 2017
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:50 AM   #127
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
Though I've not tried it with the BMW Financial ID, I can confirm the same problem with the MyBMW.ca site...it won't accept my VIN. Only way to track is either the BMW Canada phone number or call your client advisor

The best way to track the car once it finishes production is on the Wallenius and Wilhelmsen website.Your car will show up on there website when it has been loaded on the ship,you just have to track the car on there website with your VIN.

http://www.2wglobal.com

You can track the ship on this website.

http://www.marinetraffic.com

When your car gets loaded off the ship in Halifax the only way to track the car if it gets shipped by rail is if you have a CN account.People in Quebec and Ontario should keep trying to track their car on the Hansen's truck shipping website everyday,once the ship arrives in Halifax,because BMW Canada will ship some cars by truck instead of rail directly to there dealership in those two provinces.That was how my M2 was shipped from Halifax to Toronto and you can follow the truck on there website with your VIN because they use GPS on there shipping trucks.

https://www.lhf.com
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #128
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
The best way to track the car once it finishes production is on the Wallenius and Wilhelmsen website.Your car will show up on there website when it has been loaded on the ship,you just have to track the car on there website with your VIN.

http://www.2wglobal.com

You can track the ship on this website.

http://www.marinetraffic.com

When your car gets loaded off the ship in Halifax the only way to track the car if it gets shipped by rail is if you have a CN account.People in Quebec and Ontario should keep trying to track their car on the Hansen's truck shipping website everyday,once the ship arrives in Halifax,because BMW Canada will ship some cars by truck instead of rail directly to there dealership in those two provinces.That was how my M2 was shipped from Halifax to Toronto and you can follow the truck on there website with your VIN because they use GPS on there shipping trucks.

https://www.lhf.com
Yep, thanks...did all that...have tracked the car to Halifax....now its been sitting at the port since Monday, but no update on the Hansen site.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #129
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yep, thanks...did all that...have tracked the car to Halifax....now its been sitting at the port since Monday, but no update on the Hansen site.
Given backlog at the port, this is to be expected. I should go out sometime before mid-next week hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #130
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Given backlog at the port, this is to be expected. I should go out sometime before mid-next week hopefully.
Yep...I think I'm going to lose our race
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #131
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yep...I think I'm going to lose our race
Maybe not. I still need to get MPerf parts installed plus the coating, so that adds an extra day.

My prediction? We'll get our cars the same day haha
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #132
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Maybe not. I still need to get MPerf parts installed plus the coating, so that adds an extra day.

My prediction? We'll get our cars the same day haha
We'll both be winners lol
Appreciate 0