BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Rev Matching.

Closed Thread

04-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #23
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

rev matching like fish tacos is the tits
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #24
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

OK, so I'm new around here. How do fish tacos rev-match?
Appreciate 1
Ian ///M491.00
      04-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #25
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPurrs View Post
So you are confident enough to rev match, but not control the ass of your car?
You're right this whole time I've been writing in third person about myself, it's a shame you're to ignorant to read or understand what I'm saying

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #26
DOMs335D
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I think that's a bunch of BS... if you're such an amazing driver then turn the traction and stability controls off. People have been driving like that for decades so it's not like it's impossible. It's like any other convenience feature on today's cars. If you don't want it, buy a 1M or an E92. I learned how to rev match in my E30 and used it all the way up to my E9Xs and when my M2 comes I'll continue to use it on the track, but what I won't do is complain about the convenience features that I knew about when I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #27
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

If you want the full-blown experience of driving a manual car, get an e30. If you want to have it all done for you, get a DCT. Otherwise, enjoy the balance of a 6MT with rev matching.

I'm surprised to hear such a rant about automating a function of a manual transmission from someone driving an automatic. If it's one of the most satisfying things you can do in a car, why do you own a DCT?

Actually I know the canned responses to this and don't agree, so let's call that a rhetorical question and let this sleeping dog lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Hi guys

i know there has been threads about this but just wanted to share my absolute disgust at this invention, today i picked up a 116i 2017 model here in the Czech Republic, reason being i don't really like the standard breaks on my M2 so i've invested in the Ceramic ones, people may call me crazy but oh well it is after all my choice. so i have this 116i for the next 2 days.

Anyway back to my point, the rev matching yes, today as i was driving this Beast ( 109bhp ) in sport + ( which makes absolutely no difference what so ever may i add ) i noticed that when i downshifted the rev counter flew up, and i found out the car has rev matching, now just think how angry this made me in a 116i..... i cannot put into words how angry people who paid top money for an M2 only to find one of the most satisfying things you can do in a car is now being done for you you no longer get that 5 second feeling that you are the next Lewis Hamilton, you no longer can take a girl for a drive catch a perfect downshift and be like '' you hear that? that's right i am the shit'', like i am sorry but rev matching is one of the worst things i have ever seen installed on a car, its sort of like when you're watching a film with a friend and he has already seen the movie and just before a good part in the film he says '' oh this bit is so funny'', Ahh cheers bro thanks for ruining the whole damn scene.

anyway just my 2 cents to this catastrophic creation, and my deep condolences to all M2 Manual owners out there who wanted to go down the Purist route, you have been robbed.

Cheers

Kris.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread