BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Ask a Pro Detailer from Detailer's Domain

04-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #199
Froggi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, S2000

I would like to ask for some advice on caring for my M2 interior. Specifically with regards to cleaning / caring for the leather, alcantara, and dry carbon trim.

It's my understanding that the Dakota leather is coated so there is no point in using natural leather conditioner because it won't penetrate and just sits on the surface?

Also regarding my dry carbon, I have a very light scratch in it that's only visible in direct sunlight. Can anything be done about this?

Thank You!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #200
Dragster RR
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6 Speed M2

Inexpensive / simple DIY way to take care of a car parked outside all the time?

Hi,

So I got my LBB M2 professionally paint corrected, PPF applied, tinted, and coated, and it now has a permanent home in the garage.

However, this now means my white & black 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon will now always be parked on the street.

We do live in So Cal, so not too much rain, but I am looking for a relatively inexpensive DIY way to protect the exterior and make it easier for me to clean.

Its white, so hides almost all scratches & swirls quite well, plus its a Jeep! So I'd like to...

1) Protect the paint -- Is there a simple DIY coating I can simply apply myself with a regular wash & dry as the prep step? I'd like the dirt & bird droppings to stick less.

2) Protect all the black plastic (wheel arches, bumpers) -- Is there a good DIY coating that protects plastic from long sun & UV exposure? Something that prevents the plastic from turning grey?

Any and all advice appreciated!!1

Cheers,

D RR
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 02:18 AM   #201
DETRoadster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Hoping to get some advise on Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo. I understand from the Detailers Domain write up that I can use Gyeon Bathe+ over the top of existing wax. Does this also work the other way around? Can I or should I wax over top of the SI02 that Bathe+ leaves behind? I'm going to do the full blown Gyeon sealant this summer. So I'm basically looking for a wash/wax combo to get me by for the next few months.

So, in short my options are:

1) Wash with a conventional shampoo at high concentration to strip off the existing wax, then wax, then Bathe+ as maintenance washes from there on out to add the SI02 layer on top of the wax.

-Or-

2) Wash with conventional shampoo at high concentration to remove existing wax, followed by another wash with Bathe+ to add the SI02 layer, then wax. maintenance washing after that with Bathe+.

What's preferred?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #202
DetailersDomain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 MW M3/16 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hoping to get some advise on Gyeon Bathe+ shampoo. I understand from the Detailers Domain write up that I can use Gyeon Bathe+ over the top of existing wax. Does this also work the other way around? Can I or should I wax over top of the SI02 that Bathe+ leaves behind? I'm going to do the full blown Gyeon sealant this summer. So I'm basically looking for a wash/wax combo to get me by for the next few months.

So, in short my options are:

1) Wash with a conventional shampoo at high concentration to strip off the existing wax, then wax, then Bathe+ as maintenance washes from there on out to add the SI02 layer on top of the wax.

-Or-

2) Wash with conventional shampoo at high concentration to remove existing wax, followed by another wash with Bathe+ to add the SI02 layer, then wax. maintenance washing after that with Bathe+.

What's preferred?

Thanks!
You can do either the washes that contain protections typically can be used on top of a wax, sealant, or coating.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #203
DETRoadster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
You can do either the washes that contain protections typically can be used on top of a wax, sealant, or coating.
Got it! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #204
DetailersDomain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 MW M3/16 LBB M2

no problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #205
M2 Blur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
DD,
Any recommendations for correcting the black plastic swirling on the M2 mirrors? My detailer offered to help but the space is tight and doesn't allow a DA to reach and polish. He said there are extensions to attach the the DA orbiter, but wanted to get your take.

Once this is corrected, I'll add plastic ceramic coating in hope to reduce future swirling. The coating has protected from scratching/swirling on the shadow line exterior.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0